WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

I'm going to stick it out to the end of episode 13 because Marvel has built up a lot of goodwill with me. It'd be funny if the reviews are only this bad because the show saved all the good things for the second half of the season :lol:

Luke Cage started off super lit and sputtered towards the end. Maybe IF is like Luke Cage, but in reverse.

Anyway, even before the reviews started rolling in, I had a feeling that IF was going to be the weakest of the marvel netflix shows. Still surprised by the flat out slander by critics so far though.. Yikes

Last edited:
It can't be that bad [emoji]128555[/emoji][emoji]128555[/emoji][emoji]128555[/emoji] I have to watch it regardless (to see how everything ties in) btw, that's 14% is only 14 reviews so far.

I'm going to stick it out to the end of episode 13 because Marvel has built up a lot of goodwill with me. It'd be funny if the reviews are only this bad because the show saved all the good things for the second half of the season :lol:

Luke Cage started off super lit and sputtered towards the end. Maybe IF is like Luke Cage, but in reverse.

Anyway, even before the reviews started rolling in, I had a feeling that IF was going to be the weakest of the marvel netflix shows. Still surprised by the flat out slander by critics so far though.. Yikes

That's what I said. This could be there attempt to change the format. Instead of start fast, slow in the middle, then wrap up everything way to quickly. I think they're trying to build slowly to some grand ending.

I'm cool on it. No way I'm wasting time on a 14% show. Luke Cage fell off halfway through and I wasn't that impressed. These Netflix shows had a spark when they started but are creeping toward garbage? Hope not, but...

If IF really fumbles the ball, then marvel netflix needs to change leadership.

I'm a little concerned because The Defenders is literally around the corner...

Hearing this kind of stuff is not what you want to hear when the show you've really been anticipating is coming up..

Last edited:
No one will care too much if The Defenders is lit.

That rt page shows 91% still want to see if anyway.

If IF really fumbles the ball, then marvel netflix needs to change leadership.

I'm a little concerned because The Defenders is literally around the corner...

Hearing this kind of stuff is not what you want to hear when the show you've really been anticipating is coming up..
It's different shownrunners. The guys doing defenders did DD season 1. Iron fist is being done by the guy who did Dexter Season 8. But one thing to be weary of is the same show runners behind Iron Fist are also doing the Inhumans tv show. So that could turn out bad

Well it is only 14 reviews, for 6 episodes. Thing's can change. Not really too worried about it. And the Netflix shows are fine. Luke Cage was fine, minus only one character.

Last edited:
My optimism for IF hasn't waned in any way. I feel like the high levels of quality and originality that we're used to seeing from Marvel's Netflix content has really set a very hard bar to clear with each new show. I hope the reviews are just a byproduct of the quality of past NF marvel projects and not necessarily directly related to IF.

I honestly don't see myself devoting 13 hours to another Marvel Netflix series outside of maybe Punisher.

It's almost painfully formulaic to me right now

I haven't even watched Luke Cage :lol:

I honestly don't see myself devoting 13 hours to another Marvel Netflix series outside of maybe Punisher.

They drag a little bit even with 13 episodes. Maybe 10-11 episodes would be better.

Last edited:
I'm really not sure what to expect for GOTG2 box office-wise, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't do a billi. I only say that based on what Pratt was able to carry that Jurassic Trash to.

I don't see the common formula in JJ and DD for you not to go and watch LC.

Other than the good guys win.

LC is radically different than anything Marvel Netflix has done to date.

JW was doing a billi no matter who the star was though
Really? Guess it's really something about dinosaurs.

I don't see anything about the past Jurassic flicks that'd make me say the next one is doing a billi.

The movie was booty.

Last edited:
Kids love dinosaurs plus it was that nostaglia since it was new story while giving new dinos.

I feel like DD LC and JJ are all radically different from each other

DD is a straight vigilante show

JJ was about rape, ptsd and overcoming your tormentor...with a little but of mystery

LC was about a public figure that emerged to represent the black community and the pushback from his enemy because of that. At least the first half of it was. What LC did wrong was they shoehorned the crazy brother the second half of the season instead of leaving him for another season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom