WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Just saw GotG2 here in the UK. The movie was dope. Non stop action and great comedy throughout the whole thing. Baby Groot was sick as well. :lol:

Also, the after credits reveal :wow:

[h2]I repeat. this is a spoiler. Avoid if sensitive[/h2][h2]They're a mixture of mid and post-credits scenes that are comprised short gags that don't really have much bearing on the story, and longer sequences that almost certainly set up some seriously awesome development for the future of The MCU.[/h2][h2]5. Kraglin Wounds Drax[/h2]
After Yondu's death (sniff), Star-Lord presents his adoptive father's newly-repaired arrow to Kraglin, and the first scene is a hilarious look at The Ravager attempting to use it with the same graceful ease his late captain did.

We see Kraglin whisling the arrow into the air, before losing control of it and sending it shooting straight into Drax who is relaxing around the corner. The longer poor Drax screams in pain, the funnier it gets, and Kraglin's reaction is priceless.

This clearly has zero bearing on the future of the franchise, but it's a brilliantly fun way to kick the post-credits party off. 
[h2]4. Teenage Groot[/h2]
Sorry to break it to you guys, but it looks like cute Baby Groot won't be quite so young and adorable the next time we see him on the big screen.

In the second stinger, Star-Lord enters Groot's room to find a much larger version of the tree-alien playing video games. Quill asks him to "clear up the vines", only to be met with a noticeably deeper, mocking "I am Groot" as a reply.

Yes, the little blighters grow up so fast, and - unless this is just a little joke that won't stick beyond this film - Groot may well be fully-grown again by the time Avengers: Infinity War hits theaters. 

[h2]3. Starhawk And The Original Guardians[/h2]
It's already been confirmed that Sylvester Stallone will be showing up in GOTG Vol. 2  as Stakar, AKA Starhawk, but the next scene reveals that he's not the only member of the original 31st Century Guardians to put in an appearance.

Starhawk's character is retconned to be the leader of all Ravagers in the film, and Yondu's funeral brings his old teammates out to the stars to pay their respects. Afterwards, Starhawk gathers 'em together again to go "steal some ****." We only get very brief glimpses of the characters, but they have now been confirmed to be: Charlie-27 (Ving Rhames), Aleta Ogord (Michelle Yeoh), Kruger and Mainframe (Miley Cyrus). I'm pretty sure Martinex was also present.
[h2]2. Meet Adam Warlock[/h2]
This one is probably the most exciting, and will likely have the most impact on The MCU moving forward. 

It was recently confirmed that Adam Warlock was originally going to be a part of GOTG Vol. 2, and would almost certainly make his debut in the third instalment. Well, it turns out "Him" is actually introduced in this movie... kinda!

The penultimate stinger sees Ayesha working on her next genetically engineered project. When a subordinate enters and asks her Princess about it, the vengeful villain reveals that she's created the perfect instrument to destroy the Guardians, and shall name him Adam. We then get a brief shot of a golden egg - but there won't be a goose hatching out of this one.
[h2]1. Stan Lee And The Watchers[/h2]
The final post-credits scene is awarded to our Generalissimo, Stan "The Man" Lee - but he's not alone.

Lee actually first appears earlier on in the film as Rocket, Groot and Yondu or jumping through wormholes, and we return to his waylaid astronaut character at the end, still regaling his new alien friends with tales of his adventures. Oh, and those alien fiends just so happen to be The Watchers.

Again, it's hard to tell if this means The Watchers are going to play some kind of role in future films or if this will be the only time we see them, but it's pretty damn awesome to finally see 'em on the big screen one way or the other.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guar...own-of-all-5-post-credits-scenes-a150469?cp=1

Last edited:
Stan Lee = The One Above All :smokin

Miley Cyrus in the MCU :x

Worst casting by Gunn and Marvel.

Been digging the rest of the OG Guardians casting.

Last edited:
Stan Lee = The One Above All :smokin

Miley Cyrus in the MCU :x

I was really trying to see them and figure out those cameos. Ving Rhames and Michelle Yeoh I recognized, apparently Miley Cyrus was just her voice but I didnt notice, and apparently the electric dude (Martinex) is Michael Rosenbaum? Could not tell at all. I love these cameos :smile:

Stan Lee = The One Above All
smokin.gif

Miley Cyrus in the MCU
sick.gif

I love that idea with Stan Lee so much. Brilliant.

Sony suffered $719 million dollar loss from its movie division for the previous year

Too bad they'll probably do better this year cuz it'd be so much simpler if they just sold off their movie and tv division to Disney/Marvel.

Just got back from a GotG2 screening and it was really good.

And I am sorry, the Stan Lee cameo is still a bit of a reach with lamne theories.

If I were to nitpick, too many jokes/punchlines, if that was your least favorite in the first one it was borderline for you to being too much, you might get annoyed with this film.

I guess pacing was also an issue but very slightly, again a nitpick.

Overall, another Marvel hit on their hands and it got both the fun and emotions in there.

View media item 2420602View media item 2420603

Last edited:
Eh, it was a dumb reply from someone who doesn't know the context. There was absolutel yno hate on Stan Lee whatsoever.

I actually loved the cameo and it was done well enough, it's just in no way an indication of any F4 theories out there.

He is literally just in an astronaut suit talking to the Watchers, it somewhat confirms him existing as at least a mailman coinciding with the first F4 film but it can either be a nod or a jab at Fox, I'd say it's the latter.

The Watcher was done well though.

rfx45 rfx45 how did "they" look? We're they heavily CG'd?

The movie, hell yeah, it's space adventure and they spent it mostly there with a green screen background and it does feel a bit Snyder/BvS/JL-ish at times. Maybe it's the 3D viewing but I did not enjoy Ego's cgi much, it looked almost cheap and unfinished to me, again it could be the 3D though. #d is great in some shots but on really far, wide angle shots, it looked like looking at a diorama, it's kind of weird, and the environment looked like props even though they aren't. It was definitely weird and those who see it on 3D, I'd like to know their opinion but my suggestion, stay away from it.

There are also plenty of slo-mo's, not on Snyder level but similar to what Gunn did with GotG1 but he amplified it a bit more like the jokes.

Last edited:
I thought you banned yourself from this thread til the movie comes out?

And no Thor3 set-up, a little bit of for IW if they actually follow through.

Last edited:
Oh, this is the mcu thread? [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Let me excuse myself for a few more days

Last edited:
When I read the description about Stan's cameo I didn't get the F4 theoimries coming back at all either.

Looks like another great Marvel movie but I can already see certain ppl filling the thread with nitpicky :lol:

The lines of who owns what are starting to become more blurred as Marvel delves deeper into their cosmic side but the Watchers were supposed to be owned by Fox since they're so F4 centric. I've seen some reports say Marvel owned the Watchers but Fox specifically owned Uatu which makes no sense for Marvel to use at all because outside of Uatu there isn't too much to mention about the watchers. I feel like Marvel knew what they were doing including the watchers in an end credit scene, the very last one at that. Especially with the fact that this film already contained a product of a Fox/Marvel film rights negotiation and the little bits of F4 lore dropped all over the MCU, from Inhumans, to Baron Mordo proclaiming that Dormammu "is NOT the destroyer of worlds", the negative zone generator art in Ragnarok and so on. No reason to include them in there other wise, Stan could've easily been speaking to the celestials.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom