WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

You like the sequel and still find a way to be salty about the first one :lol:

You know how I do. Rocket shooting off while on a jet pack > Rocket crying cause his feelings are hurt.

My top 5 as of right now:

Captain America: Civil War

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Doctor Strange

Avengers.

List changes its number 1 spot come July 7th :D :nthat: :D

My rankings going in (in order.. i put em in tiers to show when their is a clear drop in groups)

Tier1:
CW
IM1
A1
GOTG
WS

Tier2:
AOU
Dr strange
antman

Tier 3:
The Incredible Hulk

Tier 4:
IM 2
Thor 1
Cap 1
Thor 2
IM3

AoU, Dr Strange?

Interesting

I like AOU.. film delivered on so many scenes when viewed individual.. plus visions dialogue is so succinct

Dr strange I feel really needed another 10-15 more mins to flesh things out.. and antman really maxed out that story in that film

So AOU and dr strange could have easily gone to tier 1.. antman was solidly tier 2

Wasn't a fan of the movie shrugs*.
It was funny, but that's all it was to me. Wasn't into the plot (honesty didn't think there was much of one). Also felt like there were a lot of really cheesy lines.

I thought the gold people were kinda forced into the movie after the initial encounter. At the end I felt like they were only there for something that everyone could shoot at...

Enjoyed the movie a lot. The only negative about the MCU for me is the desire to get to Avengers where the whole squad is united. It takes a little away from these side stories, especially when they show a trailer for Thor Ragnarok which is assume is tied more to the main story.

^ gotta take it in stride like WS..

That's why I got this one over antman and dr strange, this felt better in its own isolated story.. everything felt natural

Only knocks with 1 viewing, is some things being a little too neat and there was some missed opportunities.. but movie was already plenty long at 2 hours 20 + mins

I get it was a lot.. but I wish the sisters stuff was a little more, just felt like it wrapped up so neatly.. also wish the yondu/rocket stuff was a lil more continuous

Also think they missed a chance to have drax and nebula connect on thanos.. could have been some throw away line, something

Also would have been cool to see rocket interact with mantis more than that 1 scene

Merle and Drax stole the show in my theater 
laugh.gif

Yondu and rocket hit the highest high, for me

Legit was getting misty in there

Rooker will always be Merle even covered in blue paint :lol:

He was great tho...probably because character on TWD hit a deep transition and I felt his death more than most other characters....
same as in this movie

Last edited:
I don't agree with the people complaining about a lack of plot in this movie. This movie's focus was a dead beat father trying to link up with his son after he got selected in the NBA draft. The father then tried to get the son to use his talent and skill to serve the father's purpose, metaphorically speaking, rather than letting the son enjoy his life and make his own decisions. "How could I not know about you? The name Starlord is popular around the galaxy."

After the deadbeat father gets dissed he throws a fit and tries to make his son like himself, only to have his *** handed to him. The movie was really a villain's story and the side story was each GOTG team member coming to some realizations about what family really is. Yondu learned the family that he created wasn't what he wanted and only rocked with him when he was a person he didn't want to be. We learned Rocket dealt with abandonment just like Yondu and they both shut people out because of it. Then you have Drax taking us deeper into his family's story. Gamora and Nebula had the abusive father story, etc.

This movie did an EXCELLENT job a hiding a family drama behind colorful and straight off of comic page aesthetics. It dealt with real issues in a new way to me. I have it up there for that alone. Theme wise this is really the most relatable Marvel movie yet. Ant Man was close with the father losing his family to a bad decision story, but this one had something for everyone. I enjoy the other Marvel movies, but I'm not mega rich dealing with anxiety and depression from my father's war profiteering. I'm not in a constant fight with a brother starved for my father's recognition. And I'm not struggling with a friend that died under my watch.

I have this movie in the top 5 for Marvel easily.

EDIT: This movie had a lot of similarities (story wise) to He Got Game.

Last edited:
Movie was character centered rather than plot centered. It worked for me.

Loved this movie so much that it probably flipped my allegiance. If the GotG and Avengers happen to skirmish in Infinity War I will probably side with GotG except where Cap is involved [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom