WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

AoU, Dr Strange?

Interesting

I like AOU.. film delivered on so many scenes when viewed individual.. plus visions dialogue is so succinct

Dr strange I feel really needed another 10-15 more mins to flesh things out.. and antman really maxed out that story in that film

So AOU and dr strange could have easily gone to tier 1.. antman was solidly tier 2

Just reread your post.

AoU and Ant Man I think I agree with you value them being tier 2. Idk if Dr Strange is 10-15 minutes away from being tier 1. There's just something missing about that movie I can't point out. I don't have any strong feelings about it. I don't hate it. Don't have any attachment to it either. It just exists. Sometimes when I'm super bored I wonder about watching it but I think I can go the rest of my life without watching it again and I'll be fine, lol

Last edited:
I can tell you exactly what was missing, the film needs 10-15 more mins of building to him being that thing..

For someone who suffered so much it just never truly truly felt that way.. maybe add a lil more to his initial story as a surgeon and the downfall and then add some more to the training

Felt way too neat.. like they knew they had to hit certain beats and were like "ok, we got that.. what's next".. that is the high end of churning out a movie to get to the next one.. film should have been a lot more IM1, instead of just copying the gist of the playbook

So I guess a more entertaining cap1 and thor1

This movie did an EXCELLENT job a hiding a family drama behind colorful and straight off of comic page aesthetics. It dealt with real issues in a new way to me. I have it up there for that alone.

Gunn wasn't trying to hide it at all. He was pretty blatant with the family drama stuff in the middle of the movie. It was a whole section literally jumping back and forth between everybody's sob story.

Maybe that worked for some people, but it just killed the momentum of the movie for me. Didn't help that Gunn always had to undercut everybody's moment with some quip or pop culture reference to kill the tension.

I get that's his schtick, but it gets old after a while and starts to feel like plain weak storytelling. It goes back to what I said about Gunn needing to learn some moderation. Drax had some of the funniest moments in the first movie so he gets turned into a walking punchline in this one. People liked the soundtrack for the first movie so EVERY big scene in this one must be paired with some 70s pop song. Dial it back a little man, it's all I'm saying :lol:

Last edited:
This movie had a lot of similarities (story wise) to He Got Game.

No it does not. At all.
Father killled the mother.

Father trying to get back in son's life.

No similiarities at all you say?
No it does not. At all.

Absent father. Abusive father. Mother murdered by father. Son that is the key to the father's plans. Son battling father.
You broke it down better.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who liked the Nebula Gamora mini arc?

Unfortunately movie was 2 hours and 26 mins already, but feel like this suffered in favor of other stuff.. just wish there was more

Not saying a ton more.. but it was really good, just not enough

Yo the shot of Peter and Rocket flying together had me dying son looked like it the happeist moment of his life

After seeing the movie the early reviews really don't make sense to me.

I could understand if the first movie was super serious and then this was a complete tonal shift.

/8 system needs to be eradicated like Hydra.

/10 is just so superior and lovely. I'll even show love to the /5.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who liked the Nebula Gamora mini arc?

Unfortunately movie was 2 hours and 26 mins already, but feel like this suffered in favor of other stuff.. just wish there was more

Not saying a ton more.. but it was really good, just not enough

I would've have minded if they had cut out some of the sillier stuff and added in maybe one or two more Nebula scenes

I really don't know what you cut without losing some of the natural.. like you need some of those lil moments because that's who the characters are

I would say cut some of the ego stuff.. but then you get the marvel villain complaint again

I mean I could pick lil stuff.. like rocket didn't need to bounce the dudes multiple times.. or the hasselhof cameo.. but other lil stuff is their personalities and can't cut that.. groot's search could have been cut too

I say make the movie longer.. didn't feel 2:26 at all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom