WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

I want to see that lol

I like chris pine. And hes been doing a lot of comedic little mini movie and show roles lately. I think if he was starlord it wouldve been good. But pratt is perfect. Plus i think he appreciated the role more. Just like evans. Just like reynolds. U see them constantly portraying their charachter in real life now which is cool by them

Pratt is not more of a star. He's just more charismatic, funny, and better suited for that mostly jokey semi serious role.

Pratt was a nobody before GotG. He was mostly known for Parks & Recs which was pure comedy where he was a supporting character and some recognition for a small role in Zero Dark Thirty.

I didn't mean more of a star as in fame or name recognition but as having more charisma and having that "it" factor while on the big screen. Bosh pretty much broke it down the same way as I feel.

Pratt is probably more of a star than Pine now.
Not cooper or the rest but i would say hes atleast over Pine

Well yeah. Pratt's the new hot piece of as right now.

Pine aint ever really capitalized on his moment or maybe was never offered those real good roles.

Pine talked about being disappointed the Jack Ryan movie didn't take off. Just bad writing really.

As for the romcom with Hardy and Witherspoon don't really count. Like something like that wasn't going to be a hit. That's just a check. Not a potential franchise :lol:

Outside of Star Trek, I can't think of what other shots Pine has got other than the aforementioned Shadow Recruit. That's why I said maybe he isn't even being offered a lot of leading man/A-list roles. That's when you have to choose if you're gonna be a serious dramatic actor or try to take a crack at being a movie star. I feel he's a bit more movie star but I haven't seen that movie he did with Chiwetel and Margot.

He might be settling or maybe that's all he's being offered. I know I didn't understand why he took the Trevor role in WW. He's the biggest name attached to the movie so far I think (I heard rumors about Kidman) and he's basically taken the male equivalent role to Peggy Carter :lol: He think he gonna get a show out of this? The movie is set in WW1 I think :lol: I mean he's gonna die unless they bring him to the future. I remember the rumors and fan talk of him being the new GL Hal Jordan. I dunno maybe he doesn't want to be a superhero after committing to Star Trek even though he could helm his own franchise for DC.

Not sure why Pine is not breaking out. I think his acting is perfectly fine and I really liked his portrayal of Kirk in the Star Trek reboot

His portrayal of Kirk is what made the reboot interesting to me

I wonder if Pine had auditioned for GotG

Last edited:
Pine talked about being disappointed the Jack Ryan movie didn't take off. Just bad writing really.

As for the romcom with Hardy and Witherspoon don't really count. Like something like that wasn't going to be a hit. That's just a check. Not a potential franchise
laugh.gif

Outside of Star Trek, I can't think of what other shots Pine has got other than the aforementioned Shadow Recruit. That's why I said maybe he isn't even being offered a lot of leading man/A-list roles. That's when you have to choose if you're gonna be a serious dramatic actor or try to take a crack at being a movie star. I feel he's a bit more movie star but I haven't seen that movie he did with Chiwetel and Margot.

He might be settling or maybe that's all he's being offered. I know I didn't understand why he took the Trevor role in WW. He's the biggest name attached to the movie so far I think (I heard rumors about Kidman) and he's basically taken the male equivalent role to Peggy Carter
laugh.gif
He think he gonna get a show out of this? The movie is set in WW1 I think
laugh.gif
I mean he's gonna die unless they bring him to the future. I remember the rumors and fan talk of him being the new GL Hal Jordan. I dunno maybe he doesn't want to be a superhero after committing to Star Trek even though he could helm his own franchise for DC.
I was also confused why he took the role in WW, where he'll essentially be the mansel in distress.

He's a capable actor, but he hasn't had that breakout role/string of strong films. If you look at his previous work, they're mostly "safe" movies. It seems he's made his choice in being a "movie star" and not a serious actor.

I can understand as these roles probably pay more.

PS - Pratt is more liked because he's relatable and funny. He looks like a regular dude/everyman, not Hollywood handsome.

Last edited:
Pine lacks a unique quality. Put it in baseball 20-80 scouting scale. :lol:

Watchability. 60

Charisma 50

Empathetic 40

Uniqueness 20

To give an example of 80 max scores.

80 Watchability: Brad Pitt

80 Charisma: Denzel Washington

80 Empathetic: Tom Hanks

80 Uniqueness: Pacino

Last edited:
I saw him trying to be more likable doing a bit on Jimmy Kimmel where he was singing :lol:

But I get it. To me there's no reason to hate or love a dude like Chris Pine as an actor. He needs to show and prove.

I know he got that boat in a storm go rescue some ppl movie coming up.

Pine lacks a unique quality. Put it in baseball 20-80 scouting scale. :lol:

Watchability. 60

Charisma 50

Empathetic 40

Uniqueness 20

To give an example of 80 max scores.

80 Watchability: Brad Pitt

80 Charisma: Denzel Washington

80 Empathetic: Tom Hanks

80 Uniqueness: Pacino

Old school taste I see

I saw him trying to be more likable doing a bit on Jimmy Kimmel where he was singing :lol:

But I get it. To me there's no reason to hate or love a dude like Chris Pine as an actor. He needs to show and prove.

The Finest Hours is already out

Chris Pine is another Ryan Reynolds, just an above average actor with some good movies

Old school taste I see

80 score in baseball is reserved for generational talents.

I don't know that I'd give any current/young movie star an 80 in any category.
I too, am not enthused with the current young crop of actors.

inb4 naming a handful of ppl (which isn't a lot) who I'm probably not that hyped about anyway like Miles Teller, MBJ, etc.

The Finest Hours is already out

Chris Pine is another Ryan Reynolds, just an above average actor with some good movies
This quarter for movie releases never get paid much attention by me. It's usually cold or snowing and I only know about the movies from tv commercials or not at all.

Yeah I can see Pine being right around Reynolds level. Not sure he even has as many roles I liked in comparison. Hasn't had as many dislikable roles though.

Last edited:
The Ryan Reynolds comparison is kind of spot on in term of actual ability :lol:

Wish he got the chance to play an actual hero in the DCEU instead of the love interest but w/e

Watching ironman 1.. It's so disappointing where they started.. Where they could have been.. And hopefully where they aren't going

Anyone seen that revlon commercial with olivia wilde... shes disappeared so long i almost forgot how much i loved her. Get her in these movies again

Last edited:
Missed the Chris pine talk because I just came to post about ironman 1, since I was watching it when I got hom from the club..

But that Ryan Reynolds comparison is a good one.. He hasn't had the bombs that Reynolds has had, but he also doesn't have memoriable roles of Reynolds.. Like he was very likeable in a bunch of stuff, but very very replaceable.. Reynolds at least has waiting and van wilder where he sticks out

He definitely needs to get a super hero role, just not sure which one

I mean Chris Evans would have been in the same boat if not for certain roles.. And now he fits cap.. He can do that movie that was really good about the train in the snow

There are some actors that are so good that they can be in anything

There are other actors that are good but really need a niche to stick out

Chris Evans found it in Cap. RDJ in Iron Man.

Thought Pine found it in Kirk; it was a good start with the 2009 reboot but then the sequel floundered and now it looks like that franchise fell apart lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom