WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I mean at least have the white people make sense of your going to add them. Andy serkis was 100% not needed to have that big of a role. As the plot line didn’t really go anywhere. It wasn’t as if MBJ needed him to give him directions. He had his dads map. Klaw just needed to die and that was it.

And Martin freeman, even more unnecessary

Andy Serkis is the reason why Vibranium exists everywhere else in the MCU though.
They needed this character because he's tied to the distribution of Vibranium in the world, no?

Not liking the film is one thing. The over the top effort to point out it’s not as good because of politics is Bull****

The same **** that plagued Get Out

Triggered much? That was obviously a jab at me. Where was this said exactly?

logan was great, until they got to the mountain.. and then it went to shhh and didnt deliver on what was being built on the previous 80-85% of the movie
Logan should’ve been a different movie instead of falling into the standard comic book movie trappings. It had potential but lost it

Andy Serkis is the reason why Vibranium exists everywhere else in the MCU though.
They needed this character because he's tied to the distribution of Vibranium in the world, no?
To be honest, I thought he had gotten killed in age of Ultron. I remember thinking in the trailers, this guy is still around?

To your first spoiler I believe him being left played into an underlying theme in the movie. What if he was left because Tchaka didn’t consider him Wakandan since his mother was AA

If I recall correctly, he got left because T'Chaka didn't want to deal with the responsibitilty of eventually telling him that he killed his father, even if it was unintenional. One of those "if you ignore it, it'll go away" trains of thought.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit I see. I didn't say it didn't deserve it's critical acclaim BECAUSE it's politicized. I'm saying it isn't as good as it's RT score from watching the movie myself. I feel the same for TLJ. But it IS overly politicized to the point where it will skew ther score on both ends. Like I said, it's a solid movie for sure.

Exactly, so why is everyone raising suspicion at the 77% RT audience score?! It goes both ways, I'm simply pointing out a devil's advocate scenario for the 98% RT score.

WTF would I NOT want to give credit to where it's due? It's a damn solid movie. It's a good Marvel super hero movie with great visuals, story and music. But it's not the best MCU film out there. Why is this so hard to believe?

Exactly this.
I gave it the score I think it deserves and we have people jumping down my throat telling me I'm just not giving credit to the movie, like some pseudo-racist type sh**.

Again, you'll probably get some of that bias on BOTH ends for a movie like this. And I'm seeing one side of it everywhere in this thread. Like your Transformers anecdote, you loved it because of your childhood. For this movie, I feel people gave it a that extra 1 or 2 on the scale because they're black and having a huge blockbuster with an all-black cast is ground breaking, I get it. But so far people are taking serious offence to scoring of this movie. Why is that, I wonder?

Spin it however you want. There's a good percentage of racist people that went and voted it zero without watching. Period. That's a fact.

No one's taking offense to the scoring of this movie. It's a critical and commercial success but someone here tried to paint the low audience score as DC fanboys messing it up. It's pretty obvious what happened. Happens every time racists get salty.

Denying that is just putting your head in the sand.

Logan should’ve been a different movie instead of falling into the standard comic book movie trappings. It had potential but lost it

i dunnio.. the whole movie professor x is trying to get logan to wake up and actually care..

and he honors his death by falling asleep and letting the kids lead themselves.. while he takes some super special stuff to get a sugar high

Spin it however you want. There's a good percentage of racist people that went and voted it zero without watching. Period. That's a fact.

No one's taking offense to the scoring of this movie. It's a critical and commercial success but someone here tried to paint the low audience score as DC fanboys messing it up. It's pretty obvious what happened. Happens every time racists get salty.

Denying that is just putting your head in the sand.

Spin what however I want? And what am I denying?
I'm saying you'll get bias on both ends of the spectrum. That's not denying anything. Those voted 0% to wreck the score and those voting up for the same reason.

i dunnio.. the whole movie professor x is trying to get logan to wake up and actually care..

and he honors his death by falling asleep and letting the kids lead themselves.. while he takes some super special stuff to get a sugar high
I’m referring more to the X24, X kids etc

I’m referring more to the X24, X kids etc

i get ya.. i dunnio.. i think the movie should have been nebraska or kinda a mix of TDKRs/no country for old men

nebraska route you at least get a climax that is positive with redemptive story line and facing dudes.. the other route, he says F it and just rolls out with the kids realizing they cant win that fight (maybe set some sort trap which would be anti climatic.. but at least it shows growth and leadership for the character we always knew as impatient)

Bruh acting as if trolls don't affect the score when there are people literally faking crimes and putting it on black people and black panther screenings. He can miss me with that.
Word. The score being manipulated by trolls is a fact though. No one needs to "act like" anything.

Michael B’s acting was just fine. Funny to see people debate the opposite of this. A lot of reputable people really like what he did in this movie which speaks volumes as opposed to NTsra in here hating on dude.

Kudos to Coogler on doing $242m over the 4 day weekend & an additional $184.6m internationally.

This means the flick has brought in a total of $426.6m worldwide! Completely shattered a lot of myths about films with a black director & cast as well as whether a “black” movie can do well internationally.

Hoping we see more minority directors behind the camera & in producing roles for big budget movies like this...

If you go look at the reviewers on RT much of it looks like this:
"Terrible movie" - Member since Feb 2018
"Awesome movie" - Member since Feb 2018

Too many clowns either pumping it up or dragging it down to get worked up over it.

This means the flick has brought in a total of $426.6m worldwide! Completely shattered a lot of myths about films with a black director & cast as well as whether a “black” movie can do well internationally.

Get any other studio to do a black cast with black director and guarantee it won’t do these number.
Feigegawd been setting up the MCU too beautifully.
For to give CW directors props to seeing as they made BP badass in that film.

You know the MCU goes strong in Asia as well

Upon a second viewing, I might change my mind about it. I'll probably watch it again on cheap Tuesdays. I always settle in more when I watch a movie a second time. I thought The Last Jedi was a great until I fully digested the movie and realized how awful I thought it was. Iron Man 3 I came out thinking it was the worst one yet, watched it a second time and really, I only hated the fake Mandarin, it was otherwise pretty decent. Loved Deadpool, Thor Ragnarok and Homecoming coming out of the theater, but upon a second viewing, they were pretty average.

I'm just so stuck on the nostalgic feel of watching my heroes on screen, I need a second take to actually judge a movie by it's actual film merits.

Last edited:
Hogwarts is real man
tumblr_inline_o1ajz5N7b01s7bc51_500.gif

tenor.gif

A good movie is a good movie. Coogler has been very consistent at telling a good story & developing his characters starting with Fruitvale Station to Creed & now BP. Not everyone has talent like him so to say all black directors will have success is obviously stupid.

The job of a studio head or exec producer is to pick the right director. With the success Patty Jenkins & Coogler have had now, hopefully it translates to minorities getting more opportunities because there’s more talent out there.

Back
Top Bottom