WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

So I need Kang to show up at the end of IW2 and re-boot everything back to Iron Man 1, starring RiRi Williams

IMO he didn't fit with the cast or the role he was playing. Felt like he was forced into the movie. First when he was in scenes with the rest of the cast he didn't fit. Every person in there had character and authenticity in both their appearance and facial expressions

that's purposely..he was supposed to be a brash black American from Oakland to contrast da Africans & their esthetics.

im not gonna lie tho. I was on the edge of my seat during BP like " wheres Cap, are they gonna show Cap, Please tell me they show Cap" knowing damn well he's not in the movie :lol::lol:

Way back when, a couple years ago, I had Captain Marvel being the most successful of the last bunch of solo movies. I was thinking Captain Marvel would be for little girls what Black Panther is for black ppl.

But then Wonder Woman beat Captain Marvel to the punch. And BP is exceeding all expectations lol

I have a feeling Captain Marvel is going to feel anticlimactic in comparison.

Last edited:
There are movies like Dr Strange getting higher in audience scores. There's something fishy about that.

And audiences rated Iron Man 3 around the same score.
I'm sure there are haters trolling the score, but not to the extent that it lowers it by 20% from the critic score.
This movie has become an overly politicized film in an era where SJWs run amok on both sides of the spectrum. No matter the color.
People on both sides become too sensitive to properly judge this movie for its merits. I'm taking the movie for what it is. It's a 7.5/10. But it's in my Top 5 for sure.

im not gonna lie tho. I was on the edge of my seat during BP like " wheres Cap, are they gonna show Cap, Please tell me they show Cap" knowing damn well he's not in the movie :lol::lol:

Nah I think there would've been backlash if Cap hijacked the movie :lol: . Infinity War is a couple of months away anyway so a fan like me can wait.

I'm sure there are haters trolling the score, but not to the extent that it lowers it by 20% from the critic score.
This movie has become an overly politicized film in an era where SJWs run amok on both sides of the spectrum. No matter the color.
People on both sides become too sensitive to properly judge this movie for its merits. I'm taking the movie for what it is. It's a 7.5/10. But it's in my Top 5 for sure.
IM3 was terrible so IM3 having a higher or similar score is fishy too

IM3 was terrible so IM3 having a higher score is fishy too

That's subjective. It was terrible to you. Some may not agree.
From a movie stand point, it was actually decent. But for some, like me initially, judgement is clouded by the fact that they nerfed one of the best Marvel villians and judged the movie based on the that.

For what it's worth, I give that movie a 6.5/10. BP was way better than that and didn't butcher any characters.

I get why it's fishy. But IMO, it's also a bit fishy to give it 98% on RT. It's a solid 88%.

Last edited:
Way back when, a couple years ago, I had Captain Marvel being the most successful of the last bunch of solo movies. I was thinking Captain Marvel would be for little girls what Black Panther is for black ppl.

But then Wonder Woman beat Captain Marvel to the punch. And BP is exceeding all expectations lol

I have a feeling Captain Marvel is going to feel anticlimactic in comparison.

Also BP had the benefit of being showcased in CW. I think they're going to keep Captain Marvel out of IW.

Captain Marvel is gonna need some very good marketing, to a specific group, as well as post credits to build up the hype for it. Not saying it won't be good, but its gonna need to be as good, if not better than Wonder Woman to be considered succesfull. And no one outside of Marvel heads knows who this woman is, they may have to pair her up with a veteran Avenger (Cap?).

FOH wit that ..the notion that it doesn’t deserve the acclaim because it’s politicized is ridiculous. Reminds me of a dude i work with saying Get Out was a 5/10 :lol:

IM3 decent.

Oh its safe we can stop our conversation here, ain't no way we can agree on anything if you think IM3 was decent

that's purposely..he was supposed to be a brash black American from Oakland to contrast da Africans & their esthetics.
I acknowledged this comment would be made in my post and addressed it ahead of you. MBJ was too "plastic" compared to the other actors. Not from an U.S/Africa comparison, but from a fit within cast and role. Look at the lines on Boseman's face. He looked like someone that had just lost his father and had lost sleep agonizing over not being able to prevent it from happening. Even the the young Killmonger flashback the child actor looked like he was having a tough childhood. Then we get someone who looked like he came from having his eyebrows plucked, does his mud masque every night and the nice manicure.

Either way movie was great. We all are going to see things differently.

I'm sure there are haters trolling the score, but not the extent that it lowers it by 20% from the critic score.

Going to be extreme bias with any endeavor that breaks new ground. Folks should be allowed to really like it and folks should be allowed to not be blown away by it. Personal taste. Internet has just become a place where everyone thinks they know everyone else's motives and get to say it.

We all going to feel differently and be moved in different ways. Went to see the first Transformers movie on opening day. In scene where Blackout was flying in toward the base and first transforms I got goosebumps. Why? Because a favorite toy from my childhood that I remembered trading with kids at school and watching cartoons was doing it in live action in front of me on a large screen. Movie was not that great. Shia is annoying. Was very little story. But it still got a positive reaction from because it hit something personal. That was a movie about toys...:lol:

Captain Marvel is gonna need some very good marketing, to a specific group, as well as post credits to build up the hype for it. Not saying it won't be good, but its gonna need to be as good, if not better than Wonder Woman to be considered succesfull. And no one outside of Marvel heads knows who this woman is, they may have to pair her up with a veteran Avenger (Cap?).
Nah I think the closest thing they're going to get to a character ppl already know is Fury.

Marvel has built of enough clout to let these characters stand on their own. If it’s good your looking at GOTG numbers easily

That's subjective. It was terrible to you. Some may not agree.
From a movie stand point, it was actually decent. But for some, like me initially, judgement is clouded by the fact that they nerfed one of the best Marvel villians and judged the movie based on the that.

For what it's worth, I give that movie a 6.5/10. BP was way better than that and didn't butcher any characters.

I get why it's fishy. But IMO, it's also a bit fishy to give it 98% on RT. It's a solid 88%.

Nothing is fishy unless you're looking for something to be. Seems like you just don't want to give the film it's credit.

I thought that is Jude Law's character?

deathofcapmarvel.jpg

naw, da OG Captain Marvel died of Cancer...da broad who's Captain Marvel now used to be Ms. Marvel... (da chick who Rogue stole her powers)

Last edited:
yall know every MCU film these days are going to do well, it's just going to depend where your bar is for success

BP bumped up the origin film average up so we'll see but yall know theres going to ve a demographic that gon' be up in arms flocking the theaters for that one

yall know every MCU film these days are going to do well, it's just going to depend where your bar is for success

BP bumped up the origin film average up so we'll see but yall know theres going to ve a demographic that gon' be up in arms flocking the theaters for that one
You talking about little girls who want to be astronauts right?

Back
Top Bottom