WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Far From Home was excellent.

Performances were great, Peter, MJ, Mysterio, all delivered. Action was strong and the Elementals looked fantastic. I still can't believe the Mysterio fish bowl helmet looked as good as it did. The movie also really nailed Peter being a teenager. It was a central point of the movie and the way they handled those moments and challenges was done really well.

It was the perfect cap to Endgame. It provided the audience the catharsis we needed to mourn Tony and accept the void he left but move on correctly. We didn't jump into another bad guy that couldn't have possibly followed up to Thanos, so instead we had a trickster. It also shifted the stakes away from saving the world to trying to cope with being a superhero and also a normal teenager. It was exactly what I wanted after Endgame.

Holland was great as Peter and his handling of Tony's death was done so well. Not only that, but how much the world was mourning his death and the moments with Happy in the plane were some of my favorite in recent memory in the MCU. When Happy saw Peter making a new suit and then put on Back in Black, the eyes got a little misty and I loved that passing of the torch.

Mysterio was great and the Elementals looked awesome as well. I really liked the idea of his character and his plans to trick the world into thinking he's the next Iron Man. I didn't have a problem with that but there was just something off about how they pulled off the twist. I don't know if it felt too abrupt or just the way they went around the room to all the team, but I don't know, it took me out of the movie a bit. It might have been just because I thought "Oh... ANOTHER, bad guy that was because Tony was a jerk to them?" But other than that, I don't really have a lot of complaints.

The nightmare/illusion scenes that Mysterio used against Peter was unbelievable. They might have been some of my all-time favorite effects and scenes in an MCU film. That alone was worth the price of admission and I want to rewatch it in Dolby just for that.

The twist at the very end of the Skrulls being Nick and Hill made sense throughout the movie. "Fury's" response to mentioning Captain Marvel, the fact that they didn't suspect Mysterio at all, and the quick mention of the Krees as well. I know it was meant as a joke for this movie, but it obviously opens up a lot of greater implications or thoughts for the MCU.

And of course... J.K. Simmons back in the perfect setting for J. Jonah as an Alex Jones-esque Info Wars kind of guy. I cannot wait to see him some more and unlike after the 1st one, I am really excited for the third Spider-Man. Homecoming was great, but it didn't make me more excited for future Spider-Man movies. I think I was more focused on wrapping up the Avengers story. I'm ready for Spider-Man 3.

Your spoiler write up was absolutely spot on!

id say by 12am tonight

tenor.gif

Watching tomorrow night.

Got midsommar tonight first :evil:

Going later tonight I want to read the spoilers sooooo bad but I won’t gonna wait

Without spoiling it how would you guys rate it against homecoming?

Before, I assumed they were going to have the third film with Peter graduating. With how they ended the film, they most likely wont do that. I know the novelty of him being in HS is important to the current stories they're telling, but they can only use it for so long so I imagine the third film will be the last one with him in HS and he will graduate in the fourth

Marvel opening had me laughing but crying at the same time straight to the feels, then that mid credits :wow:

Want to yell **** yeah so bad but there were kids around but man :pimp:

Don’t worry no spoilers

But that post credit scene blew me the **** away HOLY ****

also, the last end credits scene was confusing

Reactions: Ube
Back
Top Bottom