WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

mouse needs to just take the spudeyverse out of sonys hands

SPIDER-MAN 4: Marvel And Sony Have Very Different Ideas About Who Should Direct; Miles Morales MCU Update

Daniel Richtman is today reporting that Sony is keen to rush Spider-Man 4 into theaters no matter what (even if it means Kevin Feige can't be closely involved from a creative standpoint). Essentially, the studio is desperate for a hit.

Sony boss Tom Rothman is eager for Jon Watts, the director of Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far From Home, and Spider-Man: No Way Home, to return.

He is, after all, a reliable hand who delivered three massive critical and commercial successes for them.

Feige, meanwhile, wants someone else - Drew Goddard, presumably - and would like Watts to work on other MCU projects.

The filmmaker very nearly helmed The Fantastic Four, so we wouldn't be shocked if he's being eyed for one or both of the next Avengers movies.

Richtman adds that longtime Spider-Man franchise producer Amy Pascal hopes Feige will be involved with a future live-action Miles Morales movie, suggesting the partnership between Marvel Studios and Sony will continue once Tom Holland has bid farewell to Peter Parker.

After Madame Web, that seems wise.

Recently, Pascal said a live-action Miles won't be seen on screen "until we make two more movies." She'd add, "Someday. Someday. We're very happy doing [the animated Spider-Verse movies]."

Spider-Verse producer and writer Chris Miller later took to X to clarify, "When she said 'not until we make two more movies,' she meant Beyond the Spider-Verse and the live-action Tom Holland film."

Last year, Holland shared his thoughts on potentially sharing the screen with Miles. "I would be honored to bring Miles Morales into the live action world," the actor enthused. "How we do that, I don't know, but given the opportunity, I would jump at it."

While there's currently a great deal of uncertainty surrounding Spider-Man's MCU future, a fourth solo outing is happening and the web-slinger is still expected to be a lead character in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and Avengers: Secret Wars.

Their back and forth is ridiculous. Sony sacrificing even more money staying with that 2003 superhero movie formula.

So is it all but confirmed Beyond the Spiderverse won't drop until Q1 2025 at the earliest?? Was really looking forward to it this year but know the strike has pushed back many releases.

1708480356675.png

aint no denying they referenced the infamous backshots angle to sculpt the back of the figure. They even got the right amount of mass to get the shadows right.... Horn dogs i tell you

when new Deadpool movie comes out, "fatigue" will magically be over. Then they'll fire up another girl power movie and we'll hear: "marketing wasn't good, superhero fatigue, oversaturated"

The Kang thing is easy to resolve, just have Doom kill him and massacre the Kang Dynasty and Doom can even use the Citadel at the end of time as his castle. I feel like the Void will be the Map for Battleworld in Secret Wars.

Back
Top Bottom