Were the Eggplant Foams worthy of the hype?

Yeah. I knew the hype was strong, when I saw an entourage of male and females enter a store, and walk out the store wearing them. One dude went in coppin'4 pairs. They released around tax season, so I know a lot of dudes that blew money on those.

Definitely worth the hype.. Allowed me to sell my Aquas because I knew anytime i wanted to wear that color id choose the foams

Originally Posted by mu2ri

that pic had me syced to get them joints...they were an early valentine's gift from my girl [my fave girl to date n shoe as well, love 'em!]

seen them bamas on georgia ave rollin in packs rockin all the retro's out - freshwater griffs, gatorade's, penny II's...smh @ them clowns
smh.gif

on another note, Wale doin too much wit these damn early appearances of Nike heat!
What makes them clowns??

I dont know if it was worth the "hype" but I like mine. I unDSed a pair this last week and man great shoe. What is the best is...you do not have toworry about CREASES...and after several wears where other shoes look beat...some warm soap and water and these puppies come back to life. I have worn mine now3xs...and the soles are still icey..and if really wanted to clean them up, you would swear they are still DS.

Just for durability these shoes are the nuts.

the shoes was a georgous shoe to begin with never the less..... the hype for the shoes was just overwhelming....especailly with the hype that was going on overshoes with the collor purple......that was around the time the jordan aqua 8 had been released a couple of month before....hype is killing the game....

Originally Posted by moneymike88

It actually says varsity purple on the box...eggplant us just a hype name

Not at all, eggplant is the color of the flightposites and thats why they called the foams eggplant...if im not mistaken on the it originally said eggplant butthey change it

they're foams. not one of my favorites though. Plus everyone here in DC has them, they're practically cliche' to wear.

I just can't see how you could ever wear this shoe casually they are dope don't get me wrong just hard to rock. maybe with a pair of khaki shorts idk.

I'd say they were well worth the hype.

It wasn't a gimmicky design based on an already popular inspriation, it wasn't a colorway that was over the top, it wasn't a collaboration with anartist or athlete,
and it wasn't a shoe that was already accepted by the masses.

If any retro+ shoe deserves hype..it's these.

Besides a select few, no other retro+ colorway shoe has deserved the hype that these recieved.

Nike rarely recaptures a shoe's intital "wow" factor when retroing them in a new color...this time they did.

Back
Top Bottom