What’s it like to work at stockX? I quit after 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny how NT works. General section is filled with nonsense. I should’ve known better than to share a serious/personal matter on the internet.

I request this thread to be locked/deleted. It’s gone completely off the rails.

This thread has gone south. I should’ve left the crying part out of the story. I thought it would give you guys some perspective on how depressing the situation was.

What’s an acceptable situation to cry? Death in the family?

Nothing wrong with crying but after one day?? I understand not liking the job but grind until you figure out your next move while you're still employed.

Correction officer is an option. That’s all. I have 200+ pairs of shoes that I’d sell before it came to that.

The purpose of this thread was to give you guys a glimpse into a day at a stockX warehouse. Not to have my willpower questioned and my life critiqued.

I’m done in here. This thread completely backfired.

I think most of us can say we been there before. I was 22 with a kid trynna support a 3 person family off $11 a hr at the most miserable job I’ve ever had. Cintas plant, washing dirty linen, mats and towels. 90 degree days in the plant opening a bag of dirty towels and aprons a restaurant left out back that smells like death and full of maggots and old food. After 2 years I had a break down and just dropped my uniforms off and walked out. I was really becoming a terrible person outside of work because of how miserable I was. Luckily got plugged with another job the same week sitting in a office doing nothing for a lil more money until I could figure it out.

U 30 b, I’m not saying oh u a loser but u can’t be sitting around feeling bad for yourself. Figure it out! Come up with a plan and get it done. Having a kid kept me motivated even when I was unemployed broke and depressed, I knew I couldn’t sit around and do nothing. I’m making the most money I ever made doing the least amount of work I ever done and still trynna figure out other ways to get the bag. Stand on ya own 2 and figure this **** out OP.

what was your office job back then and what is ur current job

It’s funny how NT works. General section is filled with nonsense. I should’ve known better than to share a serious/personal matter on the internet.

Honestly you rather have NT straight up empathy for your stockX situation if your okay being lied to by strangers, you might as well go on Instagram and look for followers who give you attention like a phat booty ig thot.

This is NT, all types of people come on here giving straight facts of Life cause they been thru rough patches. They given a dosage of thier reality.

I may joke and poke around at people but that's my approach to these types of things.

Take this thread as a lesson , right notes and brainstorm your master plan for success.

Your the pilot of your own destination.

Good luck.

I hope this ain’t real and just some stock x slander . Bro your 30 with no job , no career and 200 pair of sneakers . You better sale off them sneaks and use that money to find your self . Only good thing right now it’s christmas season so everyone is hiring at the moment .

Nah fam, if anything this thread needs to be stickied. Lots of good advice from cats from all walks and stages in life on how to persevere through hardship.

Besides you're already NT famous, our G @wayniac211 referenced you in the Tekashi thread. :lol:

Yo I can't stress this enough. If you hate your job quit. I was working a job that I hated and was getting grey hair in my beard and head in my 20s. I quit that **** and the grey hairs went away

What’s your degree in? j rain j rain

This is the last question i’m going to answer in regards to my personal life. That’s not what this thread is about.

I have an associates degree (general studies) from community college. I’ve always thought about going back to school and becoming a gym teacher. I don’t know what’s stopping me. Since I’m 30, I think that ship has sailed.

Correction officer possibly. I took the test back in January. Should be getting the call any month now.

If you can’t make it more than 1 day at StockX making $18/hr, you’re probably not built for that C.O. life. Prison work is rough and very mentally taxing if you’re not cut from a certain cloth.

Source: worked in a state prison for 3.5 years.

This is the last question i’m going to answer in regards to my personal life. That’s not what this thread is about.

I have an associates degree (general studies) from community college. I’ve always thought about going back to school and becoming a gym teacher. I don’t know what’s stopping me. Since I’m 30, I think that ship has sailed.

Man that's nonsense. It's never too late to get a degree or to pursue learning.

You 30 with no job or professional skills, talking about you can sell your 200 pairs of shoes if times get rough.

College ain't for everyone and it's certainly not necessary to make bread, but you could consider selling them shoes and finishing your degree or learning a trade.

I just can't let you think that it's too late, or that you're too old.

The way they describe their authentication process is hilarious in the context of this thread :rofl:

@1:20

OP must not look like James Harden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom