What’s it like to work at stockX? I quit after 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I work for lyft’s Scooter share program and I must say it is great. But im a deployment driver. Meaning I’m put with a partner and we take scooters out and drop them to high traffic locations and pick up damaged/low battery scooters and bring them back to get charged or fixed.
Pay is $21/hr weekly check 12hr shifts 3 days a week. Fri - Sun 7:30am -7:30pm
Unless you are stuck with a complete ******* or ****** for a partner it’s pretty cool. Rotate driving a sprinter all day dropping and picking up scooters.

Last edited:
But how is someone actually verifying the kicks with 100% confidence if they don’t have some sort of a guide to go by? No matter how much of a shoe head you are, some of these fakes are hard to spot

This dude is soft, it’s not a personal attack that’s just what you put out into this universe. I hate to hit you with the cliche toxic masculinity line, but MAN UP. Crying cause cats ain’t give you the warm circle jerk/huggathon. That gig was NOT that bad, b. In the first place, and considering your alternatives (corrections), it doesn’t sound like you place high value on your time and paper. Go to school, trade school, Uni or anything to level up, also there are a lot of programming boot camps out there that offer high paying jobs after 6-12 months of training.

No matter how ****ty it may have been, what will future employers think about a 1 day hire?
I would totally leave it on my resume. Letting a future employer know that you left after the first day because it was not a healthy environment is not a bad thing. If I was interviewing someone that said that me I would take it as they have a good head on their shoulders and have personal ambition

But how is someone actually verifying the kicks with 100% confidence if they don’t have some sort of a guide to go by? No matter how much of a shoe head you are, some of these fakes are hard to spot

Agreed with you 100%. If OP is telling us the truth, their verification process is a damn joke. They're treating it as a basic QA spot check when they're actually determining authenticity.

This is the last question i’m going to answer in regards to my personal life. That’s not what this thread is about.

I have an associates degree (general studies) from community college. I’ve always thought about going back to school and becoming a gym teacher. I don’t know what’s stopping me. Since I’m 30, I think that ship has sailed.

j rain j rain thanks for sharing your story.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Keep persevering bro.

Make a goal (career / education / etc). Then create a road map from that goal to the present with small checkpoints that track your progress towards that goal.

Agreed with you 100%. If OP is telling us the truth, their verification process is a damn joke. They're treating it as a basic QA spot check when they're actually determining authenticity.
Y’all really thought it would be any different?

30 being too late to retain yourself in school? When I was in business grad school I had classmates in their mid 40s doing career changes. It’s never too late so don’t fall into that mindset. Hell, I just turned 29 when I finished my grad degree and I was doing a career switch myself. It’s not too late, especially if you’re trying to protect yourself against jobs which will be automated and want to futureproof yourself.

On one hand I dont agree with working a job you hate. Did supply chain / scheduling for 3 years and **** literally took a toll on me mentally and physically. I had Those crying in the car days lol

On the other hand , I wish stockx was near me based on your description so I could work there a few months for some extra cash :lol:

Also your only 30, you’re not too old for anything . A lot more life to live , try to chase whenever dream you have.

Forget paying dudes $18hrs per hour, Stockx should just have a K-9 unit to authenticate the shoes with the smell test for 100% accuracy.

police-dogs.jpg

I feel like y'all roasted bruh a lil too much imo

Not everybody built for that type of work. OP will be straight

here's the thing i don't understand...this is NOTHING like a real beatdown roast. there's a little bit of teasing mixed in with some good, honest advice.
you can tell who wasn't on NT back in the day.

I been on NT since 03. Been thru the ezboard, HT and Yuku eras. Don't let the join date fool you. :lol: I posted a pic of myself on here when I was like 15 in the PYP and got roasted into oblivion. I know what NT is capable of.

Still feel like this thread is OD. Especially when cats spreading this **** to other forums like gossiping females. Yeah bro shouldn't have been crying in the whip but damn, y'all tryna break a dude who obviously ain't the hardest cat out here down more. Only a handful of posts with decent responses in here. The rest of the posts just calling bro a ***** basically. For what? NT supposed to be a family

If we keeping it a bunny op got 0 hustle in him. It’s too many ways to make a dollar out here, u either lazy or got too much pride too pick up one and get it. I got a homeboy who got a 60k a year job and still Uber, meal prep and deliver amazon packages on the side. If u got a car it’s no excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom