What Ancient cultures fascinate you

Originally Posted by desent

Not really sure about the name of he civilization but they show ruins of it all the time about how there is a rock type material that they could only get 50 to 100 miles from them, and then had to move it up a hill. Then if that was not enough they were able to cut grooves in it in a manner that we can not even do with today's technology. Thy usually bring up that civilization when talking about ancient aliens. I'm sure someone on here knows what I am talking about
I think it was the Aztecs or the Mayas. Something about rocks being found all over their land and the rock is only found in Brazil.
Ancient Aliens 
alien.gif

Any theories on who or what put those heads on Easter Island there? I didn't even know the rest of their bodies underground.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

Rapanui on Easter Island.
they epitomized 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They actually have bodies too

easter1.jpg

eek.gif
When was this discovered? I should've checked out that yahoo article about them being able to walk. Guess this is what they meant.

No love for Nordic culture?

I'm actually interested in all cultures, but I don't agree with some of the inane theories about certain civilizations (superpowers and alien origins)

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

Originally Posted by desent

Not really sure about the name of he civilization but they show ruins of it all the time about how there is a rock type material that they could only get 50 to 100 miles from them, and then had to move it up a hill. Then if that was not enough they were able to cut grooves in it in a manner that we can not even do with today's technology. Thy usually bring up that civilization when talking about ancient aliens. I'm sure someone on here knows what I am talking about
I think it was the Aztecs or the Mayas. Something about rocks being found all over their land and the rock is only found in Brazil.
Ancient Aliens 
alien.gif

Olmec?

what about spanish. how did they become conquistadors and wipe out civilizations

Gotta be Mayans

world's first mathmaticians
First to use the #0
Had a 360 day calendar (5 days off)
Invented Bball/soccer death ball
Had the coolest head pieces ever
Their temples were as advances as babylonian/egyptian
Some say they are descendants of the lost tribes of Judah.

roman empire, khan's mongolian rule, chinese dynasties, and it would be great to go back in time when the religion leaders/creators were alive

Rome, The various ancient cultures that currently reside in what is now Nigeria, Russian/Slavic/Eastern Europe, all pre-columbian civilizations specifically in south america and the caribbean

I love learning about ancient cultures of the past. I was always fascinated by ancient japan and china, the ancient greeks and persians, mayans and aztecs...the ancient khmers of cambodia who built Angkor Wat and more.

brb getting lost in wikipedia.

Back
Top Bottom