What are your thoughts on "camping"?

I hate the idea of camping, never will I, but it just sucks that people do because it's almost to the point that if you don't, you miss out. Luckily I'm in a market that just requires you to get out there early but still even that is annoying. Especially when I see a line full of people that have never even seen Jordan play, probably barely know who he is! But it is what it is...

i stood in line for 2 hours for the chi x release idk if thats camping but i see nothin wrong with it if u wanna get the pair you are seeking

Heres the thing with camping. At one point yeeeaaaars ago no one really new when sneakers released. You just woke up 1 day and saw something you like. Then we got release dates and people showed up later that day or the next day but no lines. Then people figured ill jus get to the store when they opened. Then an hour before... and so on and so on... Some people dont have connects or extra money to pick up before or after the release. I dont have a problem with the camping.. I do it when the connect doesnt come through... I dont look down on people who do it unless you there 4+ hours or you in tents.. or you reselling... And even if you camp for 12 hours and you jus really want the shoes.. thats cool wit me.. I just HATE when someone camps for 8-16 hours for a sneaker YOU want and they just gonna resell it..

An hour or two is justifiable mabe three but the night before is unreasonable the only shoes people camp like that is for 11's

Most I camped for was 9 hours for the Concords. I consider lining up for any sneaker release to be camping though so a lot of people that know I'm into shoes think I'm going 8+ hours strong for every pair.

I don't knock camping unless you're a reseller who's only averaging $6/hr for the 12 hours you camped.

No camping needed here, Footlocker Canada has a great pre-order system:
-about a month before release, they get your shoe size/name on their list and put the exact $ amount on a gift card
-come rd, walk in with your gift card to purchase your shoes, then cross your name off the list
-if you don't show up that day, the shoes are up for grabs for everyone, and FL's still got your money

Concords were a breeze: walked in, rung me up, walked out with my pairs. Don't know why they don't do the same south of the boarder, is "any publicity" really still good publicity with all that chaos?

Smh at that Canadian retail price tho

i always show up a few hours early and still never get my pair. nevermind camping I dont have a problem with it being first come first serve its the damn store employees that be buyin all the stock leavin us with 5 pairs to go around to a line of 50+

All the people who say they won't camp and would pay a reseller, don't talk about how bad the shoe game is getting!! Resellers are part of the problem cuz they keep real sneakerheads from getting their shoes to rock!! If we wouldn't pay the rape prices the game would be fine. Me, I will camp for a shoe but not for multiple hours!!

All the people who think camping is lame, think again. I have respect for a person who will camp to get a shoe because they want to rock them! The problem is the people who won't camp and pay rape prices from the resellers. Resellers and the people who support them are the ones killing the game. If we stop paying rape prices I bet you the lines get shorter!!!

All the people who think camping is lame, think again. I have respect for a person who will camp to get a shoe because they want to rock them! The problem is the people who won't camp and pay rape prices from the resellers. Resellers and the people who support them are the ones killing the game. If we stop paying rape prices I bet you the lines get shorter!!!

Originally Posted by dezmond123

An hour or two is justifiable mabe three but the night before is unreasonable the only shoes people camp like that is for 11's

South Beach Lebrons, Galaxy Foamposites, Christmas Pack, Kobe VII Cloaks.
The Galaxy Foams was 1000X worse than any XI that's ever been released.

FOR PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF WITH CAREERS, CAMPING IS NOT AN OPTION UNLESS I USE PTO (PAID TIME OFF) OR VACATION DAYS. I'LL BE DAMNED IF I USE VACATION DAYS TO GO WAIT IN LINE FOR THAT TIME AND IN RETURN FOR MY TIME WAITING I GOTTA GIVE THEM MY MONEY. NO THANKS.

WITH NO CAREER OR PRIORITIES, THEN CAMPING IS OK I GUESS BUT EVEN THEN, SHOULDN'T YOU USE THAT TIME TO GET A JOB OR PRIORITIES?

WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, I NEVER HAD TO CAMP BECAUSE THIS WAS DURING THE TIME YOU COULD JUST WALK IN AND BUY A PAIR BUT I DID HAVE TO CAMP A FEW TIMES WHEN I WAS COLLEGE DURING WHERE BUYING 2 PAIRS MEANT YOUR PAIR WAS GONNA BASICALLY BE FREE.

Camping out generally is imo only
for freaks who either have too much
time or being freaks.
Regarding to purchase air jordans,
I always have a source, connections
To get a pair.

Originally Posted by dahoopstar12

All the people who say they won't camp and would pay a reseller, don't talk about how bad the shoe game is getting!! Resellers are part of the problem cuz they keep real sneakerheads from getting their shoes to rock!! If we wouldn't pay the rape prices the game would be fine. Me, I will camp for a shoe but not for multiple hours!!

Not to be mean, but how can you camp but not for multiple hours? I believe that's the whole purpose for "camping".
As for the reseller part, you are right, I hate when people buy 8 pairs and then charge rape prices just to make a profit.

Takes away pairs for people who only pay retail.

Camping with friends is fun. It's the camaraderie that comes when you're with sneakerheads. It's like family. But I will say that it's gotten out of control. I live in the LA area and it's hard to get exclusive kicks over here. I only got the Kd's out of the Galaxy pack. There was no way I was gonna get the Foams.

I try to avoid it but I will camp if I have to. The most I have ever done is 16 hours. All of my camping experiences have been very pleasant. I'm 29 with a full-time, salaried job. I have plenty of PTO options at my disposal - I accrue 3 weeks of vacation, 10 comp days, 10 sick days, and 3 floating holidays every year and I will use it as I please when I deem it necessary for a particular release. Also, I have never had to give my money to a reseller.

never camped, never will. online or bust for me. i do get salty when i think about the profits resellers make, but then again life is too short to sit on a curb for a couple of days IMO

Canada Pre-Order FTW.

Only time I lined up was '09 Jams, 2-3hrs before the store open.

Tried to be greedy even though I've got 2 pairs on locked already.

Other than that its either pre-order, release day or bust for me.

Back
Top Bottom