What do you do for a living?

Sales Manager for the largest wine/spirits distributor in North America. Been with the company since I was 21., 2nd year in this current position. 30 years old. Last year made between 80-90k. Next promotion will finally hit the 6 figure mark.

Crazy to think I started browsing NT back in 2000 as a sophomore in high school

Last edited:
Youth Apprenticeship Coordinator
Property manager
J Crew part time sales
Occasional car flips
Landlord

Seems like a lot but very manageable. I'm 28, last year did around 80 excluding the cars since that's all cash

Last edited:
Partner in a recently launched Private Equity firm. Formerly, I was a Vice President for a multinational private equity firm in NYC. 28 years old.

I don't feel comfortable divulging my annual earnings.

What was your route before PE? I'm definitely leaving my bank after i'm done with my second year to PE>m7>PE. Started going more in depth into my network and im trying to figure out if I'd rather stay in Chicago or branch out to NYC/Boston

Last edited:
90k for 2.5 years of school to be an RN is crazy. Not many fields can say that. Would hop on just for the money but I can't see myself working in a hospital. That place is depressing to be in

That's a short sighted and illogical way of hustling, fam. The problem most people have is that they're constantly thinking of their employment from a "job" lense instead of from a "career" lense.

What happens when that $90K gig you signed up for just for the money burns out your interest and passion after a year? What then? Think long term about what your passionate about and go down that route, not about what makes you the most money now. Trust me, you'll thank yourself when you're older.

Last edited:
90k for 2.5 years of school to be an RN is crazy. Not many fields can say that. Would hop on just for the money but I can't see myself working in a hospital. That place is depressing to be in

That's a short sighted and illogical way of hustling, fam. The problem most people have is that they're constantly thinking of their employment from a "job" lense instead of from a "career" lense.

What happens when that $90K gig you signed up for just for the money burns out your interest and passion after a year? What then? Think long term about what your passionate about and go down that route, not about what makes you the most money now. Trust me, you'll thank yourself when you're older.

Good advice g.

You dont necessarily have to work in a hospital for nursing. You can easily make over 100k depending on the field of nursing you choose as well.

Director of Account Management & Client Success for a tech start-up here in NYC.

I won't divulge my exact base but it's above $150K and below $250K. I also have quarterly and annual bonuses and 20,000+ options

I'm also a minority owner in the following NYC establishments (shameless plug):

- 2 bars (The Garret & The Garret East)
- 1 speakeasy lounge (Visana)
- 1 pizzeria (Pisa)

I'm also 32, to put things into perspective. I been grinding for a minute :lol:

Grind and flourish young fella...

Last edited:
County Employee, raked in close to 90K this year.

No savings to show for it :smh: :lol:

Director of Account Management & Client Success for a tech start-up here in NYC.

I won't divulge my exact base but it's above $150K and below $250K. I also have quarterly and annual bonuses and 20,000+ options

I'm also a minority owner in the following NYC establishments (shameless plug):

- 2 bars (The Garret & The Garret East)
- 1 speakeasy lounge (Visana)
- 1 pizzeria (Pisa)

I'm also 32, to put things into perspective. I been grinding for a minute :lol:

Gotta hit up your restaurant spots soon breh. I've been to The Garret a couple times actually. No idea that was yours. Dope

Gotta get all As and Bs in pre-reqs and school is competitive. The great thing about nursing is the versatility. There are a hundreds of fields, many of them not in the hospital. Home health, Dialysis, Clinical coordinator, outpatient facility, flight nurse, army/navy/air force RN, SWAT nurse, forensics nurse, the list goes on and on... I started doing home health, then did flu vaccines, then worked in operating room, then worked in the hospital, then found a field I really liked in dialysis. Starting in this area is 60k+

There's a lot of sacrifices that I make. I work on most holidays (people are sick on holidays too, somebodies got to take care of em). Christmas week I put in 76 hours that WEEK. 12h shifts, I've worked over 14 hours in a day. I work with really sick peoples' blood everyday. If one of my patients has AIDs and they get blood on my hangnail, guess what? I'm probably gonna contract AIDs.
You dont necessarily have to work in a hospital for nursing. You can easily make over 100k depending on the field of nursing you choose as well.
My friend just got a job at Stanford after being a nurse for 2 years, 62$/hr, free medical, 9% 401k match after a year. Of course this is in Nor cal where it's all inflated, but still.

Last edited:
Gotta get all As and Bs in pre-reqs and school is competitive. The great thing about nursing is the versatility. There are a hundreds of fields, many of them not in the hospital. Home health, Dialysis, Clinical coordinator, outpatient facility, flight nurse, army/navy/air force RN, SWAT nurse, forensics nurse, the list goes on and on... I started doing home health, then did flu vaccines, then worked in operating room, then worked in the hospital, then found a field I really liked in dialysis. Starting in this area is 60k+

There's a lot of sacrifices that I make. I work on most holidays (people are sick on holidays too, somebodies got to take care of em). Christmas week I put in 76 hours that WEEK. 12h shifts, I've worked over 14 hours in a day. I work with really sick peoples' blood everyday. If one of my patients has AIDs and they get blood on my hangnail, guess what? I'm probably gonna contract AIDs.

My friend just got a job at Stanford after being a nurse for 2 years, 62$/hr, free medical, 9% 401k match after a year. Of course this is in Nor cal where it's all inflated, but still.

I hear you. I have a ton of friends in CT and NYC who are RN's, Practioners, MDs, and plastic surgeons and they all aren't entirely fond of the hours, the grime work, etc that comes with it. Regardless, they do it because they're absolutely passionate about the medical field and helping people.

Most folks I know in the medical field aren't in it for the check and if they were, they wouldn't last more than a year.

Can you imagine some of these NTers having to touch male eggplant or cleaning up butt mud on a daily basis for $90K? They'd lose it :lol:

Last edited:
I work in social services in the bay area, $90k/yr. Looking for a second job right now. Expensive out here...

i am a W&I (weight and inspection) inspector for a trucking company here in the Southeast.

i walk our dock measuring freight to see if it is classed (50-500 class system, where 500 makes for a higher shipping rate) properly so that our company gets paid fairly.

somewhat boring task, but pretty easy once you get the hang of how things work.
I do the same **** b. Xpo?

No way.! Thats like sales rep income.. Out of what state/branch.? I used to be a merchandiser for PepsiCo. Did it for 2 years. Barely scraped 35k on my second year.. :frown: the benefits were great tho... it's a great company to work for. They look out for their employees. :pimp:

But anyways....,

Currently a Finish Carpenter Apprentice,
made $42k in 2015
24, LA, California
No way.! Thats like sales rep income.. Out of what state/branch.? I used to be a merchandiser for PepsiCo. Did it for 2 years. Barely scraped 35k on my second year.. :frown: the benefits were great tho... it's a great company to work for. They look out for their employees. :pimp:

But anyways....,

made $42k in 2015
24, LA, California
I

But anyways....,

made $42k in 2015
24, LA, California

I am in Tacoma, WA are Union got us right here. Are base when you top out after a year is 19.54. We run a small crew for the amount of cases we through. It's hard for us to keep people around the usually quit because the job is to hard for them. We work so much OT. The average merch makes about 55k. I know a few who made out about 75k.

I'm an underwriter as well. Think I saw one or two others who are also in the industry. I basically am on the phone/email with brokers all day, as we are a major market for professional liability in the insurance world.

I make around $58k - $60k with bonus and am 27 years old. I get to travel a little, but not as much as I would like. Might need to go to the broker/wholesale side of the industry as this office life has grown stale the last couple years. Trying to find a different role within the company since we are so large and there are always opportunities.

I have a side hustle I do every weekend that pulls me in about $25-28k cash a year. Between the two I feel very fortunate, as neither job is overly stressful.

Sucks not having much time on the weekends. I do have Sunday's off though, so it's not bad. Keeps me from spending $ Friday and Saturday night anyway.

Last edited:
I'm an underwriter as well. Think I saw one or two others who are also in the industry. I basically am on the phone/email with brokers all day, as we are a major market for professional liability in the insurance world.

I make around $58k - $60k with bonus and am 27 years old. I get to travel a little, but not as much as I would like. Might need to go to the broker/wholesale side of the industry as this office life has grown stale the last couple years. Trying to find a different role within the company since we are so large and there are always opportunities.

I have a side hustle I do every weekend that pulls me in about $25-28k cash a year. Between the two I feel very fortunate, as neither job is overly stressful.

Sucks not having much time on the weekends. I do have Sunday's off though, so it's not bad. Keeps me from spending $ Friday and Saturday night anyway.

Lol wonder if you did the underwriting for my disability or life insurance

Back
Top Bottom