What do you do for a living?

Parts counter for a Honda Dealership.

Usually Make between $20-24/hr. But last month I made $31.87/hr.

I get paid a flat rate a month but then I get a monthly percentage of the whole departments gross profit on my 15th check.

Been doing it for less than a year and I'm actually making more money then when I was doing IT work for a bank. It's super easy.

I work as a Software Engineer at a relatively successful startup in NYC and make 65k and get a minuscule amount of equity. Trying to get a little more time in here before I dip cause I feel like I'm getting pretty underpaid and want to work on a more interesting product. I turned 24 today.
Curious which startup, know quite a few in the area. Depending on what language, that seems way underpaid for what you can get out here. Most NYC startup devs are 85k+.

Sales Manager for the largest wine/spirits distributor in North America. Been with the company since I was 21., 2nd year in this current position. 30 years old. Last year made between 80-90k. Next promotion will finally hit the 6 figure mark.

Crazy to think I started browsing NT back in 2000 as a sophomore in high school

Care to elaborate, pa?
I also work for a pretty big distributor of wine and liquor.
NYC.

I said this before but I would advise anyone who doesn't know what to do in terms of career to look into wine and liquor sales.

Care to elaborate, pa?
I also work for a pretty big distributor of wine and liquor.
NYC.

I said this before but I would advise anyone who doesn't know what to do in terms of career to look into wine and liquor sales.

Yea I'm over 6 sales reps and 7 merchandisers. I'm on the retail wine side and I handle the largest grocery chain down south. I split the city of Houston with another guy. Industry has been great. The travel, the perks, the advancement opportunities, and last but not least JOB SECURITY!

It's not for everybody though because until you get to the management side, the hours suck. The sales reps make cake if they work hard.

I always wondered how many people could relate to being a manager. Thought about making a thread many times.

I work for a big distributor in NY. Sell the Gallo book.
Managing 7 reps.
Sales reps make cake man. Easily making six figures. Know people making 300K just by showing up to their accounts.

I always wondered how many people could relate to being a manager. Thought about making a thread many times.

I work for a big distributor in NY. Sell the Gallo book.
Managing 7 reps.
Sales reps make cake man. Easily making six figures. Know people making 300K just by showing up to their accounts.

I work for Republic. And yea to the average person management sounds great, but man it's a huge adjustment going from being responsible for yourself to having to rely on other people to do their jobs correctly!

I love what I do though. I never would've thought this would be my career field, but I definitely enjoy it, even the headaches. I couldn't see myself being stuck in a office all day looking at the walls. I like being able to be out in the market and interacting with my buyers. Plus a lot of the suppliers I represent are cool as hell.

Unemployed :smh:

I was working as a financial analyst for a government contracting company until I built up the courage to quit last year and start up my own photography business. So I'm currently doing that full time as well as working at Starbucks 2-3 days a week. It's all so much more exhausting than when I was a financial analyst but it's so much more fulfilling.

I'll be 27 in March, btw.

That's my goal^^^

I work for Republic. And yea to the average person management sounds great, but man it's a huge adjustment going from being responsible for yourself to having to rely on other people to do their jobs correctly!

I love what I do though. I never would've thought this would be my career field, but I definitely enjoy it, even the headaches. I couldn't see myself being stuck in a office all day looking at the walls. I like being able to be out in the market and interacting with my buyers. Plus a lot of the suppliers I represent are cool as hell.

@lilyo6

@Diego

I have a friend who just finished undergrad but has both management and leadership experience, but HATES the thought of an office job and wants to travel. This field sounds RIGHT up his path!! How can I get more info on your career path? He's really struggling to find out what he wants to do, but I think this fits him perfectly!

@lilyo6

@Diego

I have a friend who just finished undergrad but has both management and leadership experience, but HATES the thought of an office job and wants to travel. This field sounds RIGHT up his path!! How can I get more info on your career path? He's really struggling to find out what he wants to do, but I think this fits him perfectly!

I PM'd you

I should clarify I meant more established companies, Fortune 500 and the like. Gotta look into some startups.

Yeah I can see that. Kind of why I'm thinking about staying here for a while. Start up feel, but an organization withinin a fotune 500 company. Seems like a lot of room to grow without many hoops to jump through.

I should clarify I meant more established companies, Fortune 500 and the like. Gotta look into some startups.

You definitely need to, it's the best way to go. I've worked for UBS and JLL and I've worked for a startup that was at 800 employees when I started and my current startup where I was the 30th employee (now up to 205).

I can say with conviction that my startup opportunities have been THE most fruitful and gratifying experiences. It's one thing to earn great money and not be another fish in the sea but nothing can take the place of saying "I helped build this."

Retail stock for a top sportswear company.
Graduate with a not so great major this year.

Might get IT certifications or look into becoming an electrician. Anyone with knowledge of the two, feel free to PM me. I'm in the NY area.

Man... Past 5 months been living this office life and it Fn sux. Been wandering around lately and rapport building with other colleagues and they all fd up just like the rest of us (even upper management). Realist MF at the smoking section.

Financial analyst - 60-80k

Receiving a bump next month and hopefully that comes with a change in title as well but we will see

Back
Top Bottom