What do you do to manage stress NT?

I work out regularly and feel great during and immediately after. Then I become increasingly stressed out (and often anxious) from monotony of the rest of the daily routine.

Interested to see what NT brethren do to manage their daily stresses.

2013_05_StateStressLevels.png

Last edited:
Gym!
I put on some headphones and move some lbs. I use to play video games a lot to de-stress but I haven't had much time to do that anymore.

Exactly. I feel absolutely fine during and immediately after...then a few hours later it goes away and it's back to square one.

How's that diet, chief? I'm the same way as you guys with that 2-3 hour gym high but it's day and night with how my body feels throughout the day, depending on what I eat. That's usually a big factor for me.

As far as handling stress, I usually just keep myself busy with things. Summer Leagues and Summer School keep me busy enough. Then, the kids and my other hobby's take up the rest of my time. I try to never let monotony or laziness creep in. Case in point, I've been learning how to twirl a toy gun these past few days and it's helped a lot of time fly by. There's always something you can learn or do, no matter how big or small:lol:

Hiking and working out outside does it for me. I need to connect with some kind of nature in my day. If you're not careful you could spend your day walking on concrete and never feeling earth under your feet.

How's that diet, chief? I'm the same way as you guys with that 2-3 hour gym high but it's day and night with how my body feels throughout the day, depending on what I eat. That's usually a big factor for me.

As far as handling stress, I usually just keep myself busy with things. Summer Leagues and Summer School keep me busy enough. Then, the kids and my other hobby's take up the rest of my time. I try to never let monotony or laziness creep in. Case in point, I've been learning how to twirl a toy gun these past few days and it's helped a lot of time fly by. There's always something you can learn or do, no matter how big or small:lol:

My diet has always been pretty good.

High protein and complex carbs.
Plenty of fruits and veggies.
No sugary drinks, pretty much only drink water.
Whole grains.
Stopped drinking coffee over a year ago and only drink decaf green tea.

I usually do a protein with veggies and a carb like rice or potatoes.

I do my best to get at least 7.5 hrs of sleep. I also changed up my diet and I am basically vegetarian during the week( I get to eat whatever during the weekend) but I have so much more energy than I use to.

I also hit the gym 3-4 times a week. Huge confidence booster.

Chilling with my 3 month old is a huge stress reliever. Even when he is fussing and crying, I am just so thankful to have the little guy.

I need to get off my phone and go hiking more often. I also need to pick up my camera and go shooting as well.

Feel like I haven't really had an opportunity to de-stress since kid #2 arrived.

Honestly feel burnt out right now.

Put me on to some good gloves fam. Knocked the padding out the joints I got from my supervisor. Started using some old ones from the club but they like 18 oz :lol:

Those Everlast were OK. I got them because Everlast does a lot of deals so they were like $50. But they collapsed on me recently. Feel like I didn't have them that long but then again I do use them a lot.

I like Fighting Sports. I just got a pair of these.
https://fightingbrand.com/gloves/fighting-s2-gel-power-training-gloves

IG had a coupon code I used. If you're interested see if it still works. FIGHT33 gets you 33% off. + Free ship.

Winning is far and away the best but it's what the pros use to protect their hands and they run 3-400+.

Music or silence
I don't get silence that much with my girls but sometimes driving home in silence helps settle me a bit

Feel like I haven't really had an opportunity to de-stress since kid #2 arrived.

Honestly feel burnt out right now.

I have 2 myself. Tough when they're newborn but do yourself a favor and take the time to take care of yourself physically and mentally.

If all I have is 30 minutes, I'll just push up/row/squat/abs at the crib. Or just go for a quick run.

music, driving, gym, running, hiking with dogs, herbs, painting, photography. Pretty much doing anything that i enjoy doing helps relieve stress.

Back
Top Bottom