What do you guys think about Rick Ross?

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed, but NT's search feature sucks. Sorry if it's a recent repost.

Okay, obviously dude's a phony. But I remember Magnificent and Mafia Music and a couple other tracks of Deeper than Rap catching my attention... $$%#,probably enough to even say I like his music (for the sole purpose of entertainment).

What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Makes Great Music. Great ear for beats. Wears Fake Designer Brands LV dont make clothes for Uncle Phil...stop frontin

-makes good music
-don't think I've ever heard him spit over a wack beat
-BAWSE!

Wears Fake Designer Brands LV dont make clothes for Uncle Phil...stop frontin

roll.gif

I don't care for him overall. Haven't really gave any of his albums a serious listen.

He comes off as the type of rapper that you can tell what kind of music he makes from his singles. Some are catchy but just not for me.

He got bars. Fraudulence aside.

I was interning @ Def Jam..and has to transcribe lyrics for "Mafia Music"....meaning I had to listen to that !#* like mad times...he got fire...

Moneyright wrote:
B-

Pretty accurate...

I like that he's improving (Hes gotten so much better as a rapper lyric and flow wise and his last album was his best yet)...

Is he a fruad? Yeah...95 percent sure he is...but i don't give a #%@% about that...

He's a good rapper as far as puttin words and rhyme schemes together no doubt......and i give him his props for that much

but i cant stand when people ONLY rap about things they've experienced after they started gettin big money... i.e. ballin, women, cars, ice, andvacations.....i like it when an artist can stay on a middle to lower class up and coming level as far as relating to their listeners......

Ross doesnt touch on many subjects but the glamorous life......so that seems kind of fraud when someone can only talk about something imediately after they getit! instead of having a story to tell about it from something similar back in the day.....why just base your music off of the money and the life you havetoday?!?

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Makes Great Music. Great ear for beats. Wears Fake Designer Brands LV dont make clothes for Uncle Phil...stop frontin
grin.gif
Rick Ross doesn't have an ear for beats who does in your opinion..Nas?

laugh.gif
Relax. I agree with everything I quoted.
I just wanted to give a short opinion.
Rick Ross = Great Music.

Originally Posted by The Fresh King

He's a fraud...
What more can I really say?

ohwell.gif

People don't care about being real anymore. They'd rather be cartoon characters.

Back
Top Bottom