What do you guys think about Rick Ross?

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Makes Good Music. Great ear for beats.
Agreed and fixed.
pimp.gif

His lyrics have stepped up tremendously. Ya'll really aren't listening to his content.

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

He's a good rapper as far as puttin words and rhyme schemes together no doubt......and i give him his props for that much

but i cant stand when people ONLY rap about things they've experienced after they started gettin big money... i.e. ballin, women, cars, ice, and vacations.....i like it when an artist can stay on a middle to lower class up and coming level as far as relating to their listeners......

Ross doesnt touch on many subjects but the glamorous life......so that seems kind of fraud when someone can only talk about something imediately after they get it! instead of having a story to tell about it from something similar back in the day.....why just base your music off of the money and the life you have today?!?
nail on the coffin..... n for that i give dude a C-

Originally Posted by czur1127

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

He's a good rapper as far as puttin words and rhyme schemes together no doubt......and i give him his props for that much

but i cant stand when people ONLY rap about things they've experienced after they started gettin big money... i.e. ballin, women, cars, ice, and vacations.....i like it when an artist can stay on a middle to lower class up and coming level as far as relating to their listeners......

Ross doesnt touch on many subjects but the glamorous life......so that seems kind of fraud when someone can only talk about something imediately after they get it! instead of having a story to tell about it from something similar back in the day.....why just base your music off of the money and the life you have today?!?
nail on the coffin..... n for that i give dude a C-
you're really acting like Ross doesn't have songs addressing that OR that 97% of rappers DO that in an overwhelming majority of theirsongs...smh

As much as people hate him hes a pretty good overall artist. I cant deny his music...in the midst of WWE beefs and storylines he's building a pretty nicecatalogue right in front of our faces.

Damn, you really do have to credit his production.

80% of the songs I like from him are produced by the one and only J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League...and I'm almost not exaggerating.

His music is on point, seeing as how he is a musician I can't really see how anything else I can say about him is even relevant.

never liked him. only work I really like is his verse on Kevin Rudolf's Welcome to the world.

Rick Ross is ILL..

At first i was listening to "NT" and disregarded DTR. But its been on repeat this week.

DTR is a Great Album... I mean he really didnt stress coke non stop he really talked about a wide range of topics.
The Production was Great and he had some ILL Feats...

I mean i enjoyed his album way more than any other OverRated/OverHyped/OverSweated NT D'ride albums......

DTR>>>Relapse,HHNF,all of Nerd, 808

For MTV sake DTR was a bit better than Losos Way, Gucci hasn't dropped a hot album ever, way better than Curtis,

I wouldn't rank him higher than Rae tho...

HUYNHer wrote:

Okay, obviously dude's a phony. But I remember Magnificent and Mafia Music and a couple other tracks of Deeper than Rap catching my attention... $$%#, probably enough to even say I like his music (for the sole purpose of entertainment).

that's how I feel!

As much as people hate him hes a pretty good overall artist. I cant deny his music...in the midst of WWE beefs and storylines he's building a pretty nice catalogue right in front of our faces.

This...

The dude can make music flat out, and has a good way of painting pictures through his lyrics...

He can come out wit a banger, and turn around and throw out some nice music to just vibe to...

The recent joint wit Consequence is tight...

I'm waiting for the joint that him and R. Leslie got in the works...

And if the Triple C's album is anything like the "White Sand" mixtape... its a certified banger...

Ross is appreciated in my book, f**k what he did in his past...

There's such a drastic difference in his entire rhyme scheme from his debut to his second and third albums...I swear part of me feels like someone'swriting for him.

He makes good music. That's what counts, to me. "I step aboard, Louis shoes checkerboard... Tom Ford, make a broadwanna' check a boy"

Back
Top Bottom