What do you guys think about Rick Ross?

Makes good music...that's all I care about.

I didn't even get into that WWE nonsense that him and 50 were getting into.

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

As much as people hate him hes a pretty good overall artist. I cant deny his music...in the midst of WWE beefs and storylines he's building a pretty nice catalogue right in front of our faces.

This...

The dude can make music flat out, and has a good way of painting pictures through his lyrics...

He can come out wit a banger, and turn around and throw out some nice music to just vibe to...

The recent joint wit Consequence is tight...

I'm waiting for the joint that him and R. Leslie got in the works...

And if the Triple C's album is anything like the "White Sand" mixtape... its a certified banger...

Ross is appreciated in my book, f**k what he did in his past...

*applause*

I eff with Ross, he make some laid-back, (he calls it Maybach Music) South Beach type ****

It's hard not to down here in Miami.

I think Ross is pretty good. He def. stepped up his lyrical game in this album, and you can actually see his growth from port of miam to trilla to now deeperthan rap. I honestly think Deeper Than Rap is the best rap album to release this year other than the Rae album, but Ross album has more single-friendly songsand songs for the women... and he has bodied numerous freestyles... comfortable, sky may fall, swagger like us, etc. Minus the co crap, he made the perfectmoves, this is coming from a fabolous might I add. Deeper Than Rap just went hard.

Imma Greedy Genius no reference to the ugly clothes
pimp.gif

someone hit the nail on the head his music is solely entertaining i don't take him seriously or consider him good but in this state of hip hop he's oneof the best out there (which isn't saying much)

Originally Posted by eight2one

HUYNHer wrote:

Okay, obviously dude's a phony. But I remember Magnificent and Mafia Music and a couple other tracks of Deeper than Rap catching my attention... $$%#, probably enough to even say I like his music (for the sole purpose of entertainment).

that's how I feel!

THIS.

But the 1st thing that pops into mind wen i hear rick ross... is Fraud/Officer Rickkkkkyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I think he's talented and he is the best rap artist Miami has ever had. Ill support his music because I think he's dope. I
absolutely hate Triple C's tho.

MOEree5e wrote:
He's a good rapper as far as putting words and rhyme schemes together no doubt......and i give him his props for that much

but i cant stand when people ONLY rap about things they've experienced after they started getting big money... i.e. balling, women, cars, ice, and vacations.....i like it when an artist can stay on a middle to lower class up and coming level as far as relating to their listeners......

Ross doesn't touch on many subjects but the glamorous life......so that seems kind of fraud when someone can only talk about something immediately after they get it! instead of having a story to tell about it from something similar back in the day.....why just base your music off of the money and the life you have today?!?

I somewhat agree with what you said, about ross, but the irony of it all he isnt the first nor last rapper to do this. I remember not too long ago a greatrapper by the name of notorious big(in an interview with joe clair.) Stated he was taking his career in that direction. It was pre life after death.

He was saying alot of ppl are gonna be upset if they expect songs like juicy etc on the next album. As he stated i would be disrespecting myself my family andmy fans if i continued to rap about street life being broke selling drugs, yet in the same breath riding in the latest bmw shopping in the higher end storesetc. I rapped about those subjects cause that is where i was in that point in my life. To continue to rap about poverty etc is just playing myself.

i dont think any1 questioned or would have questioned biggie if he came with a album ala like deeper then rap. And he basically did change up his subjectmatter on the following album. He wasnt critized he was more or less critically acclaimed. How is it any different for ross?

Also i dont see why home improvement isnt outcast, saw as a bad television show(last i check tim allen never had a home improvement show) Or how denzelwashington is seen as a bad actor because he played a crooked cop(training day) Yet ross is deemed a bad rapper because he was a c.o. Rap music isentertainment. It isn't a autobiography of young black individuals from hardships. If it was, albums would be distributed thru b.dalton and not musicstores. Also he isn't the first nor the last entertainer that fabricated there lives.

^^^Man I stay riding to DTR but to say it's better than HHNF is one of the most *@%! poor opinions I've ever read on NT.
laugh.gif

Anyway, did that Tripple C's joint drop yet?
nerd.gif

currently best ear for beats out right now.

and he ain't great, but it's unfair to say he can't spit.

Back
Top Bottom