What do you think about Finish Line's new way of handling limited releases?

In case you didn't know, Finish Line will apparently be doing raffles from now on for their limited releases starting with the GMP, but you have to be a Winner's Circle member to qualify. If not, you're outta luck with FNL except online.
As an employee, I hate it because employees can't be members, and therefore don't qualify for it. Yes, my manager makes all employees wait in line just like everybody else. I think raffle systems are so stupid because you don't guarantee you anything no matter how you plan it. I hate waiting in line, but I prefer first come first serve systems like RSVPing or even camping out. Looks like it's just RSVP for me now.
Discuss.

I like the idea, I have never been one to camp out, I normally just cop online unless its not a hyped up shoe. But this finally gives me a chance to get some kicks on release date. I do think its stupid that employees can't enter, They will prob fix it in the future.

It's not just Finishline. I was at a Champs today and they told me they're doing the same thing. You sign up online and you're entered into a lottery. If selected, you can choose your size and store location. You'll have the entire weekend to pick up the shoes.

I kinda like the idea. It keeps things fair and somewhat organized. Let's just hope that it's a true lottery and the people are selected randomly. The only thing that sucks is alot of people really rely on the stand in line method.

It's not just Finishline. I was at a Champs today and they told me they're doing the same thing. You sign up online and you're entered into a lottery. If selected, you can choose your size and store location. You'll have the entire weekend to pick up the shoes.

I kinda like the idea. It keeps things fair and somewhat organized. Let's just hope that it's a true lottery and the people are selected randomly. The only thing that sucks is alot of people really rely on the stand in line method.

Is there a link to Champs or Finish Line anywhere? I'm not finding it anywhere. :\

From my email:
Starting August 18th we’re using a lottery system for our in-store customers to give you a fair crack at getting these very limited shoes. This shoe-line lottery will provide added safety to our valued customers and mall employees.
Current Winners Circle members will have a shot at entering the shoe-line lottery and will be notifed via email on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 with instructions. If you would like the opportunity to enter future lotteries, join Winners Circle now! Don't worry, if you are not randomly selected or are not a member, you can still have a shot at purchasing the Jordan Golden Moments Pack online at 8:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, August 18th. We apologize for any added frustration for those who miss out on this opportunity.

The Winners Circle members who are randomly chosen will be notified via a separate email that they have an opportunity at their selected store to purchase the Golden Moments Pack. Good luck Jordan fans!
Also, according to an email I read from corporate, if you're not a WC member now, you're SOL on the GMP pack even if you decide to sign up say, tonight. Only current WC members are eligible. However, if you want the next big release, you might as well sign up now to become eligible for that.

Last edited:
Is there a link to Champs or Finish Line anywhere? I'm not finding it anywhere.
ohwell.gif
It's not up yet. I'm guessing on Wednesday they'll put it up.

I dont care for any of the systems all these dang retailers are up to...If its a no go in-store, it wasn't meant to be...

the fact that they are handling the raffles electronically--rather than the questionable in store employee run raffles that a lot of boutiques utilize--suggests that it might be a true lottery. we'll see. no plan is flawless but i think it is potentially a lot safer for everyone involved as long as they don't set specific times that the winners have to pick up their shoes

im a big fan of the electronic raffles. i entered the hoh electronic raffle for the yeezy's and was lucky enough to win a pair :smokin

yeah i gotta go to HOH and sign up in person for the raffle and pick up a ticket for the gold pack on thursday. Then friday morning when they pick out the numbers they call the winners and tell them when and where. hopefully its a fair process where i actually have a chance and not set up in any way.

I bet they'll do this for the Bred 11 release.

They'll need it.

Just wonder how they pick the lottery winners? I'm assuming random.

Let's see how this works after this weekend.

Something had to be done. No one wants all these annoying kids lining up in droves at every single store for EVERY release.

And this is a perfect opportunity for them to save money in that respect, and maybe actually make a couple extra bucks by making this only available to members.

And as for excluding employees....tough. Sneaker store employees have been screwing customers for years. I could never get a size 12 at my local footlocker for years, and i never understood why. I'd be there early on release day, NO ONE else around. This was before the current jordan mania.

Come to find out, broman would take both size 12's for himself. one for him, and the other to 'flip' to his boys.

The latest thing is with the nike elite socks. The employees wiped out every single pair of the olympic 2.0's to put on ebay. WTF. thats BS.

It's the only logical thing to do amidst all the bad PR stores are receiving due to violence on release day. I am all for it. Also note that this only applies to the store shipments, at least for now. For those who want to double up their chances of getting a limited release, they still have the option of ordering online at 8am ET...

Last edited:
I think it makes sense. I miss the first come rule, but some store still have it,

This is a poor idea. Think of all the people who will enter to get shoes just so they can resell and make money. It takes away from people who actually collect shoes. Worst idea I've herd of. Guess ill be paying top price for shoes cuz getting there early has no meaning.

Haven't received a email yet but I lie te idea . Anything is better than camping which isn't a option for me

Well, didn't get an e-mail from Finish Line and I've been a Winner's Circle member for 12 years.

I feel like I'm in the Loser's Circle now.

Back
Top Bottom