What Does Taste in Music Tell Us About Others?

Nothing. In fact it's one of the silliest %@%*+!* concepts that exist.

I can't stand #%$%%+ that pass judgment on others based on what they listen to.

Nothing. In fact it's one of the silliest %@%*+!* concepts that exist.

I can't stand #%$%%+ that pass judgment on others based on what they listen to.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

A lot of good points in here. I think music taste tells a lot about a person. Of course it's very important that you listen to what you like.
People open to everything are the best. But very few people in their 20s-30s are mature enough to value classical music or jazz for example.
pimp.gif
don't forget the blues

Originally Posted by nocomment6

A lot of good points in here. I think music taste tells a lot about a person. Of course it's very important that you listen to what you like.
People open to everything are the best. But very few people in their 20s-30s are mature enough to value classical music or jazz for example.
pimp.gif
don't forget the blues

BK201 wrote:
Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING

This is so false that I don't need to refute what you said with evidence.
Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Tell you one thing, your diversity in music correlates to your diversity in life.
There's a flip side to this though.

Those who say, "I listen to anything" (or even worse, "I listen to anything but country") can be extremely unoriginal.
I HATE when people throw that out there like rap, rock, and dance music is "everything."
I sit there like...everything huh?
eyes.gif

But then again I also
eyes.gif
to people who are condescending about their music taste.
Example: Hipster: Oh, I listen to so and so but you've probably never heard of them because they're underground.
I sit there like.
grin.gif

On Topic:What I think my music taste says about me is that I'm not judgmental and very open-minded.
My music taste is diverse as hell. I'll listen to anything and I'm not one to think some genres are bad.
My music taste is so diverse that I have to tell ignorant people that I listen to so and so to avoid the social stigma that certain groups view that music genre.
For instance you won't see me bumping Something Bigger Something Better by Amanda Blank.
Saw a dude bumping Lil Jon in my campus parking lot hella loud. Had me thinking how did you get into college? Ignorant of me? Yes.
grin.gif

Examples of what I listen to and my favs from those genres: Rap(Instrumentals
grin.gif
), LOTS of Rock(Rise Against), Tons of Japanese Rock(Luna Sea), LOTS of METAL!!! (August Burns Red), Dance(Eric Prydz), Trance(Darude), Techno(Hardfox), 80s(Huey & The News), Screamo, Anime Soundtracks(Death Note OST/Naruto Shippuden OST), Dancehall(Mavado),
If I ever meet a girl that has an even more diverse music taste than me, I'll probably marry her.
pimp.gif

Video examples of the diversity of the music I listen to on a daily basis:

Dude how cool are you though that you have to prove to us how diverse your taste in music is?

BK201 wrote:
Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING

This is so false that I don't need to refute what you said with evidence.
Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Tell you one thing, your diversity in music correlates to your diversity in life.
There's a flip side to this though.

Those who say, "I listen to anything" (or even worse, "I listen to anything but country") can be extremely unoriginal.
I HATE when people throw that out there like rap, rock, and dance music is "everything."
I sit there like...everything huh?
eyes.gif

But then again I also
eyes.gif
to people who are condescending about their music taste.
Example: Hipster: Oh, I listen to so and so but you've probably never heard of them because they're underground.
I sit there like.
grin.gif

On Topic:What I think my music taste says about me is that I'm not judgmental and very open-minded.
My music taste is diverse as hell. I'll listen to anything and I'm not one to think some genres are bad.
My music taste is so diverse that I have to tell ignorant people that I listen to so and so to avoid the social stigma that certain groups view that music genre.
For instance you won't see me bumping Something Bigger Something Better by Amanda Blank.
Saw a dude bumping Lil Jon in my campus parking lot hella loud. Had me thinking how did you get into college? Ignorant of me? Yes.
grin.gif

Examples of what I listen to and my favs from those genres: Rap(Instrumentals
grin.gif
), LOTS of Rock(Rise Against), Tons of Japanese Rock(Luna Sea), LOTS of METAL!!! (August Burns Red), Dance(Eric Prydz), Trance(Darude), Techno(Hardfox), 80s(Huey & The News), Screamo, Anime Soundtracks(Death Note OST/Naruto Shippuden OST), Dancehall(Mavado),
If I ever meet a girl that has an even more diverse music taste than me, I'll probably marry her.
pimp.gif

Video examples of the diversity of the music I listen to on a daily basis:

Dude how cool are you though that you have to prove to us how diverse your taste in music is?

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

Originally Posted by theekinqq

when i talk to girls who only listen to whats on the radio. they are usually very shallow, not creative, non deep thinkers, and love to party. and they love facebook.

this. and people who are open to multiple kinds of music regardless of what it is they're the coolest and most open-minded @%!%%%%#%+#+* alive.
pimp.gif

THIS, and if you think different, your one of the people described in the first quote.

QFT

Originally Posted by Eff Ecks

when i talk to girls who only listen to whats on the radio. they are usually very shallow, not creative, non deep thinkers, and love to party. and they love facebook.

this. and people who are open to multiple kinds of music regardless of what it is they're the coolest and most open-minded @%!%%%%#%+#+* alive.
pimp.gif

THIS, and if you think different, your one of the people described in the first quote.

QFT

pimp.gif

Perfect. END of thread

pimp.gif

Perfect. END of thread

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

people who only listens to rap are animals

indifferent.gif

I think music MIGHT tell you something about the person. The thing is within every genre, the music can speak on almost anything. So country and rock and rap could all say the same thing... its just what your preferred method of delivery is

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

people who only listens to rap are animals

indifferent.gif

I think music MIGHT tell you something about the person. The thing is within every genre, the music can speak on almost anything. So country and rock and rap could all say the same thing... its just what your preferred method of delivery is

Back
Top Bottom