What Happened To The Nike Air Remastered Campaign?

It will end up just like the BIN series but worst because they made a ton of the NA pairs and most sat for a few weeks. My guess is that's it's scrapped

Did we know about TB3s in January of last year though? The thread was started on 2/24 last year. The '95 playoff 11 thread was also started that day. I would be patient. We just got pictures of the black/cement/blue 4s that are dropping in June. There is no way JB is never going to drop OG colorways of 3-6 ever again.

we knew bout the 4s n 5s though. looks like jb giving NA a rest. they'll drop eventually though since everything does.

Man stuff will eventually release, it's inevitable. The way people complain so much about literally every little thing they probably said F it, ENOUGH! NA campaign canceled for now :lol:. Wouldn't blame them.

Adidas Boost!!
Happened and the hype train has been derailed. Lol
But other then a few na pairs, it's was all just a marketing gimmick. Dudes really thinking on it that hard? Can you guys not see or think clearly, it was all a way to keep JB in your pockets. Till adidas through Kanye on some UB then[emoji]128165[/emoji]
JB has to find someone to keep them relavent. Drake Ain't doing them no good.

adidas def stole the hype. i like it better this way though, i remember when most GRs would be gone 1st week if not faster n og retro had an unhealthy resell value
sick.gif
mean.gif

low fire red V's definitely weren't remastered... probably da worst leather of any jordan of all 2016.

Reality check time,

The only reason NA pairs sit is because of the price point. The reasons the tb3 sat is because no one wants captain america kicks. And they were horribly produced. And the price point.

Its got nothing to do with diminishing hype, NA is the way to go period. Putting a jumpman where nike air should be doesnt do anyone any favors.

It would be ridiculous for jordan to end the remaster/na program for the reasons suggested here. They mezsed up on the price point plain amd simple. They underestimated their consumers.

Also, we were told months ago that 2017 would be light on NA models. That doesnt mean its over.

Adidas is garbage, they have another year left before its quiet all over again for them. They have no heritage because all of their basketball stars end up with bad knees. Adidas clearly follows Nike's lead and thats obviously not the way to lead. Once their contract on boost exclusivity runs out its over for them. They dont seem to possess the same spirit nike has in innovation and forward fashion. Simply put, adidas is boring af.

Last edited:
Adidas is garbage, they have another year left before its quiet all over again for them. They have no heritage because all of their basketball stars end up with bad knees. Adidas clearly follows Nike's lead and thats obviously not the way to lead. Once their contract on boost exclusivity runs out its over for them. They dont seem to possess the same spirit nike has in innovation and forward fashion. Simply put, adidas is boring af.
Oh so adidas could loose boost? I thought it was a joint design thing with NASA. It's over for them if they do. No more gimmicks

Edit, Adidas is full of it. The article I found from 2013 states BASF helped make up, NASA was never mentioned at all.

The foundation of the BOOST innovation is centred on its cushioning material. Based on a groundbreaking development process created by adidas partner BASF, the world's leading chemical company, solid granular material (TPU) is literally blown up and turned into thousands of small energy capsules which make up the footwear's distinctive midsole. With their unique cell structure, these capsules store and unleash energy more efficiently in every stride. Tests conducted by the adidas Innovation Team show that the highly durable material found only in Energy Boost products provides the highest energy return in the running industry.

Last edited:
Its only a matter of time before boost is obselete anyway.

Things are developing at a break neck pace. 3d printing, nano materials, something will come along.

Adidas did nothing new in 2016 and I've seen nothing new planned for 2017. They came strong with UB, 350, and NMD in 2015. Like them or not they were hits. But all they've done since is tweak those models and release V2s and V3s. If they keep that strategy it will be over soon.

As far a boost goes they purchased it from a tech company just like Nike purchased air and lunarlon. I doubt that contract will ever expire. The hype will definitely die though. It already has to a point. They'll eventually start using it like air where it stops being the focal point and isn't even visible on all pairs. I don't think it will become obsolete but new systems will certainly come along.

as long as they got yeezy they gonna be alright. he got a massive cult like following that has spilled onto the mainstream. yeezy jumped over the jumpman, mike tryna catch up wit all these 

limited releases like that 750 clone known as the premium XI (which is fire btw better than the 750)
laugh.gif

Phase 1: make people wait years for their childhood favorites (e.g., 2011 WC3s, 2012 WC4s). Phase 2: rerelease same pairs with better quality and OG details. How many people bought 2011 and 2013 WC3s and 2012 and 2016 WC4s? I think JB is going to stretch out Phase 2 cuz who knows what Phase 3 will be. Once we have our remasteted pairs we're done. At least I know I am. Barring an act of God I'll have no reason to buy another pair of WC4s ever again. And from talking to my friends that have kids in middle school they don't care about Js at all. I think JB will slow down a bit and try to reestablish the mystique of the brand but all the pairs we want will eventually come.

Did I take up a whole page?
This is what I'm thinking too. I'm really hoping they release all the favorites like they did in the golden era of the early 2000's. Once I have what I need, I'm set. Thank god I never bothered with any WC 3's and was not into 4's anymore when they rolled out in 2012. As soon as I heard about the remastered plan, I was feeling meh about the Infared VI's which were a solid retro but you can't help but want and feel like they will come back with NA and a better red now.

The whole remastered line was just what they put out there to warrant a price raise. Every Air Jordan with the old school Nike branding on it will release with the original branding from here on out because they know it's the only way we'll pay 160+ for 20-30 year old shoes. Nike doesn't covet these shoes the way we do. We'll get them all, every last one of them.

I think what was shown is that besides certain colorways of the xi, people in general are not going to dish out 220 plus tax for the nime air retros. I passed on the 5 for this reason. Of they were under 200 I'm getting them but I don't like them enough to drop 233 with tax. What would be interesting is if the black 3 or 4 came out with nike air. Those are arguably the 2 most sought after colorways of those models. Would they fly like the Spacejam xi, move an overall good pace like the white cement 4, or would they sit like the true blues.

yep. I'm outa the game very soon. 

Shoes prices are too high and the quality is sub 100$ at a best. I don't like overpaying for stuff I want to buy. 

I still did not pick up a pair of Metallics, waiting for that elusive outlet post :nerd:

That $220 is definitely an issue. I couldn't stop looking at the $135 MSRP tag on my 2007 pair when I was debating picking up the 5s this year. I passed.

and before anyone tries to explain inflation to me:
my man. preach it. 

Materials haven't increased. Nike gets them lower than 2007 probably...they are a huge customer. Those Chinese manufacturers will give them whatever price they ask for and make it work. 

Hell....money from 1992 hasn't gained much more power as of today. 

Nike lied to you. We knew this when the campaign started. We just prepared for the bend over. 

That $220 is definitely an issue. I couldn't stop looking at the $135 MSRP tag on my 2007 pair when I was debating picking up the 5s this year. I passed.

and before anyone tries to explain inflation to me:
View media item 2304688
THIS..

I just dont understand why cats think that Nike does things based on what the "sneakerhead" community wants......Like there is a bunch of dudes running corporate who look like you and me....

Yes...those dudes are there....

BUT...they are not employeed in positions of great influence over releases and/or prices....

First...the remastered era was "supposed" to be quality materials which matched the OG molds...

NA. was not part of remastered process.....

NA was an add on for some pairs to give it furtherence of the OG experience.....

BUT.....at a higher price point...

This is business first and foremost....Once Nike made the decision that there elevated prices had to be pulled back due to extremely weak demand in both Europe and South America...The "gimmick" of charging more or justifiing the price increase was done.

Lets keep it 100....NA does not increase the price of production......Remastered also does not increase the price of production....

Ill tell you what does increase cost....Shipping does.....The Global Trade shipping routes have been a MAJOR conflict over the past 36 months.....I can guarantee that MOST of the increase that we/you have seen is due to that.....

But....Remember this is business.....And with the amount of TB3's that were RTV'd.....Something has to give on price.....and also the strategy has to change going forward....

I guess the bubble on retro's generally burst around $220....

Nike kinda found that out the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom