What Happened To The Nike Air Remastered Campaign?

I foresee jb giving us 1 NA retro this winter. Looking at 2017 patterns, jb is trying to sell edgy retro+, few 1s sprinkled in, with some sample drops and former retro+ variation, and the 13s. Fall/Winter may give us more 13s, possibly the OG 2, and maybe an OG retro 5 grape. They aren't dropping too much OG heat this year but I'm sure we'll get some fire this holiday.

Black Friday release this year is important too. Maybe Charcoal 7,Shadow 10 or BC 3.

BC 3 makes the most sense since the XIs drops aren't going to be OG colors and they need at least one good OG to drop

Last edited:
This is definitely the year of retro+ cws but I agree that we'll get at least 1 or 2 NA OGs late in the year.

Last edited:
I just want fire red 3s and Grape 5s to get the Nike Air treatment soon so I can make my 2013 pairs into beaters.

Anyways, Black Cement 4s and Black Cement 3s also need to drop soon. If anything, I'd put money down one of these will drop in 2018...I want to believe the rumors that these color ways are dropping this year, but we have nothing but rumors to hold on to.

Honestly, don't kill the messenger, but I can see JB marketing the BC3s w/ Nike Air branding in 2018... The logic being the model's 30th anniversary. Plus, I'd say JB is gonna give the 3 a rest this year (besides atmos pack). "Cyber Monday" 3s dropped after being in the vault... and still sitting. True Blues... sat for a little. If you were JB, you'd probably bide your time in releasing the BC3s.

Really curious what this years Black Friday drop is.

Dj Folk said a few months ago jb was gonna chill some on og colors and drop em in less quantities...hope this isn't true

Thats fine, but JB needs to branch out and put Nike Air on some non OG colorways. They do it with the 1s all the time. Im ready to see some new simple colorways with Nike Air.

Thats fine, but JB needs to branch out and put Nike Air on some non OG colorways. They do it with the 1s all the time. Im ready to see some new simple colorways with Nike Air.
I'm not sure how I fell about this

I don't so much mind them keeping the Jumpman on Retro + colorways, because that's how those colorways have always been. There's no "nostalgic connection" to the NA branding because those styles never had it to begin with.

Dont worry Nike Air will come
Nike treats its logo with special purpose
They know its nostalgic and commands higher prices when shoes are also "remastered"
Its become "collector" status
So far the best remastered nike air jordan has been the 1, then the nikeair 11, 5, 4, and hopefully new III. Nikeair marroon 6 were nice but unpopular color.

JB's core retro customer base had shifted. When we were kids it was all about having that fresh pair. Now people value well worn older sneakers. Part of that is due to earlier runs being of better quality. Also, for the first 10 years or so of retros a lot of us were just trying to get the shoes we had or couldn't afford as kids and we accepted inferior quality just to have it. That market is dead. There is practically no colorway that anyone that grew up with the OGs hasn't had a chance to cop. JB really has to find new ways to sell the same sneakers over and over. Especially with other brands taking back some market share.

I doubt it was a conscious decision to use lesser quality for a period of time them improve it. I'm sure the decline in quality was initally a short sighted maneuver to increase margins. But the timing worked perfectly for them. Phase 1: make people wait years for their childhood favorites (e.g., 2011 WC3s, 2012 WC4s). Phase 2: rerelease same pairs with better quality and OG details. How many people bought 2011 and 2013 WC3s and 2012 and 2016 WC4s? I think JB is going to stretch out Phase 2 cuz who knows what Phase 3 will be. Once we have our remasteted pairs we're done. At least I know I am. Barring an act of God I'll have no reason to buy another pair of WC4s ever again. And from talking to my friends that have kids in middle school they don't care about Js at all. I think JB will slow down a bit and try to reestablish the mystique of the brand but all the pairs we want will eventually come.

Did I take up a whole page?

This seems likely, cosign

I think the next phase is to start releasing exact replicas of the OG 3-6 and probably price them at $250. Either way, the core demographic for Jordans is shifting away from the brand now that they are older and have different priorities. Part of the allure of Jordan's was that the price point kept them from being easily accessible. I think that's what they're trying to do with the OG retros but people are more interested in the comfort of boosts

I'm not sure how I fell about this

How do you feel about it on the 1s? They have had some clean colorways, and that has been worth the ugly colorways with NA

I don't so much mind them keeping the Jumpman on Retro + colorways, because that's how those colorways have always been. There's no "nostalgic connection" to the NA branding because those styles never had it to begin with.

As stated above, they have done some really good colorways with the AJ 1. So I wouldnt have an issue with it. I would like to have new colorways with Nike Air, like on the V and VI where the jumpman just doesnt fill up that space. Lets be real, the small jumpman with air under it looks terrible on the VI. Jumpman Air doesnt make any sense, as the VI will always be a Nike shoe. Jordan never marketed Jordan Air, like Nike did, so the concept is terrible when put on a shoe and looks terrible as well and Jordan Air sounds terrible. If the Motorsport IV had Nike Air, they would look great in my opinion, and because they dont I am passing on them with no regrets. Pure Moneys I have no problem with the Jumpman, I dont know that Nike Air would look good in Chrome.

I think the next phase is to start releasing exact replicas of the OG 3-6 and probably price them at $250. Either way, the core demographic for Jordans is shifting away from the brand now that they are older and have different priorities. Part of the allure of Jordan's was that the price point kept them from being easily accessible. I think that's what they're trying to do with the OG retros but people are more interested in the comfort of boosts

Good, lm glad people are shifting. While I agree that boost are amazingly comfortable, I wont give up what I like just because something else is more comfortable. Adidas is taking the hypebeast, and its great.

How do you feel about it on the 1s? They have had some clean colorways, and that has been worth the ugly colorways with NA
As stated above, they have done some really good colorways with the AJ 1. So I wouldnt have an issue with it. I would like to have new colorways with Nike Air, like on the V and VI where the jumpman just doesnt fill up that space. Lets be real, the small jumpman with air under it looks terrible on the VI. Jumpman Air doesnt make any sense, as the VI will always be a Nike shoe. Jordan never marketed Jordan Air, like Nike did, so the concept is terrible when put on a shoe and looks terrible as well and Jordan Air sounds terrible. If the Motorsport IV had Nike Air, they would look great in my opinion, and because they dont I am passing on them with no regrets. Pure Moneys I have no problem with the Jumpman, I dont know that Nike Air would look good in Chrome.
Agree 100%. I'm not sure why people are so hung up on keeping the n/a on og colors cause for me that means I can't purchase any new colors. I have like 25 pairs of n/a 1s and zero jumpmans. If the 3-6 retro+ dropped with n/a I'd have tons of those too. Those black/cement/blue 4s would be so awesome without that jumpman. Makes no sense to me that they don't at least try a na retro+.

Honestly depends on the color I don't really like it on the celtics but I do on the knicks

Last edited:
Honestly depends on the color I don't really like it on the celtics but I do on the knicks

Thats the problem with today, you are going to get the good with the bad, because more peoples color preferences have expanded. Back in the day, Nike was almost always spot on with the color blocking they chose, they were nice clean colorways.

In reply to Adidas losing momentum, I think they'll be alright.

Adidas has their own lane carved out, they're mostly entertainment based as Nike is sports based.

Adidas has been around for years selling the classics and staying afloat.

I think the older crowd of sneakerheads which are Nike loyalists are going to fade more than the youthful Adidas loyalists who look more towards aesthetics instead of performance.

I rock all brands, I don't favor one over the other. Just my two cents.

Only a small percentage of buyers want exact og retros. And I'd y'all think these remastered na sat, imagine how exact og retros would sit at $250. They'd only sell if they were limited, and I'd it got to that, what's the point?

Thats the problem with today, you are going to get the good with the bad, because more peoples color preferences have expanded. Back in the day, Nike was almost always spot on with the color blocking they chose, they were nice clean colorways.
I feel it. I guess I would just have to see the final product. But honestly I do prefer to keep it on the originals, and I know that drastically limits how many shoes it would be on. But like I said I do like the knicks as well

Maybe JB is waiting to drop all the NA retros alongside the signature line. That's what they're doing with the 1's right now and I remember seeing they're gonna base the 32 off the 2, the 33 off the 3 and so on. I prefer the NA releases spread out but it's a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom