What has happened to black families vol 72% illegitimacy rate

It has been longer than one day though bruh. At what point do we move forward? Yea it sucks my great grandmother's great great grandmother didn't have all the opportunities available that I do, but shouldn't that be MORE motivation to go out there and succeed? Similarly, if you really think every white person wants you to fail and the world is a trap to make you do so, then how about sticking it to D. Whiteman by succeeding? Ok Mr. Whiteman, not only am I not going to fall into these pitfalls, but I am going to be even better than you? Dropping out of school and doing drugs, etc. then to revert to that built in crutch is just a loser, defeatist way to go about life.

And I live in Oklahoma LDJ yes. Again, grew up in probably a top 3 desirable neighborhood in the city and like I said, high percentage of blacks. Most would say that was a good thing. We got doctors, lawyers, ex athletes, retired and active Military, teachers and professors, accountants, small business owners, the whole gamut; obviously all people who took their education seriously, set goals for their lives, and achieved them rather than falling into the victimhood woe is me mentality. But only you could find a way to try to make it seem negative because they're not still in the hood around nonsense and come up with all these shuk and jiving, tapdancing, house *&^*%% analogies so you can weave your disdain for white people into it. Talk about counterproductive.

You reject education, success, money, and moving on up to the East side all as white ideals, what do you even want black people to do/become? If you could snap your fingers and make it so, what would we be like?

Infamous, keep doing what you do. You don't have to validate yourself to these dudes.

People like you who sit so far at the one end of the spectrum are no better than those on the other. You say it's black folks fault, others say it's the "man". The truth lies somewhere in between.

I don't see how you can sit here with a straight face and say the various obstacles and blocks put in place past and present by the "system/the man" isn't a debilitating factor to the black community at all.

Never said there aren't any, but it's certainly way overstated. If you are nonblack and disagree with one of us, you're racist. If something doesn't go our way, race card. It is beyond out of hand.

Biggest obstacle is ourselves. Everybody, black or otherwise, should take full responsibility for their own lives.

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

I don't see how you can sit here with a straight face and say the various obstacles and blocks put in place past and present by the "system/the man" isn't a debilitating factor to the black community at all.

Everyone in America wants to get to the top. To get to the top, we all have to climb a ladder. There is no doubt that the ladder for black people is much more difficult to climb than the ladder for white people.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't climb our ladder. You can't look at the ladder and say "oh, it's too difficult, why bother". That's a horrible attitude, and one that far too many blacks have.

Thank God that Martin, Malcolm, Obama, Colin Powell, Oprah, Condeleeza Rice etc. decided to climb the ladder and accept the challenge as opposed to complaining about it.

Just because we may never be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, doesn't mean we should never send in our resumes.

These discussions about the so-called "system" and how it holds down black Americans are tired. 
Basically, if you deny that the way society is set up makes it easier for whites (as opposed to blacks) to succeed, you are either an idiot, or you've been brainwashed/blinded by the post-racial ethos of the 21st century. 

On the other hand, if you are black and consistently blame your own shortcomings and failures on the "system," you are actually working toward ensuring that the "system" remains in place.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Sometimes I wish I could walk in a black man's shoes for a day, to see how hard it really is, I just can't understand this "blame the white man, the white man has brainwashed us, we are owed, we messed up because we are victims of our society" constant bickering...I think we Hispanics deal with very similar stereotypes and obstacles due to our race, I just don't see that many Hispanics feeling like the odds are always against us because of who we are...not trying to stirr up any drama, bros...sometimes we need to take responsibility for our own !!+* ups, if the success rate of families has dropped astronomically is only because of the loss of family values in our communities...teenage pregnancy and bad parenting, it's a cycle...grow up in a broken home and chances are you will be ok with having multiple baby moms, not marrying, being irresponsible because that's all you knew growing up...it has nothing to do with homosexuality, dudes being incarcerated, or even education....it has all to do with being irresponsible, careless and bad parents/lovers/partners.
obvious troll post.

I fail to see how what steezy says is trolling, it's his honest opinion and there's a lot of truth in it unfortunately

this thread needs to be about how black people need to do a better job raising their children, IDGAF about marriage and love and all that other nonsense but if you bring a child into this world you should be a slave to him/her-

He knows I wasn't trolling, just reaching for some Lulz..Anton although I'm a firm believer that love comitment and understanding between a man and woman is key to the success and right upbringing of a child and the success of any family, that nessesarily doesn't always work, a lot of times we can't work passed our differences and the child is the one that pay the price...at this point, we must keep in mind we are now parents before anything else, before a bachelor you are now a dad and before a single girl looking for a man you are now a mother and in today's society people of all races have lost notion of this, setting up our youth in this vicious cycle...you can't expect a child to grow into an adult who prioritizes family values when they grew up in a broken home themselves....that IMO is the biggest cause of the failure in today's family structure.LDJ - I understand what you said and I'm not taking anything away from the struggles your people have gone through and still go through day to day, but saying black Americans were forced to come here hundreds of years ago as opposed to other races who came here willingly, doesn't really justify the attitude...people are not being forced to come here nowadays and I don't think the number of black immigrants making their way into the US is significantly different than that of any other race....I completely agree with you saying that it seems we've all lost our sense of brotherhood...Hispanics just as much, we are so divided...Puerto Ricans hate Dominicans, Colombians dislike Ecuadorians...etc etc...Is just the way things are now, we live in a skeptical world full of stereotypes and racism.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

And I live in Oklahoma LDJ yes. Again, grew up in probably a top 3 desirable neighborhood in the city and like I said, high percentage of blacks. Most would say that was a good thing. We got doctors, lawyers, ex athletes, retired and active Military, teachers and professors, accountants, small business owners, the whole gamut; obviously all people who took their education seriously, set goals for their lives, and achieved them rather than falling into the victimhood woe is me mentality. But only you could find a way to try to make it seem negative because they're not still in the hood around nonsense and come up with all these shuk and jiving, tapdancing, house *&^*%% analogies so you can weave your disdain for white people into it. Talk about counterproductive.

You reject education, success, money, and moving on up to the East side all as white ideals, what do you even want black people to do/become? If you could snap your fingers and make it so, what would we be like?

i think his point is where you grew up seeing these types of people you had something to aspire to...kids in the hood don't see that...they see the drug dealer w/the nice stuff or the girl dating the drug dealer & he's buying her nice stuff so thats what they aspire too

if the doctors and lawyers etc were more visible to kids in lower income areas they too would aspire to do that

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by infam0usP

uhhh LDJ, I helped out @ inner city schools/YMCAs every summer I came home to the states (went to HS in Germany) AND during my entire time at college. Also, I gave clothes & some of my old sneakers to the teenagers that were about my size; instead of giving to Goodwill who would just turn around and sell my stuff. I don't have an "It's all about me" mentality at all. Now what have YOU done to help our youth?
I'm glad that you helped out at inner city schools, YMCA's and gave teens your clothes but that is not helping out at all. I'm sure after you helped out and gave your clothes away you went home (far from the inner city and the Y) with a smile on your face feeling good about yourself.

Do you think teens want hand me down clothes, no. By nature teens want new clothes so giving them your old clothes does not help then. It's more of a psychological problem.

If you really want to help them out show them a world outside of the slums/ghetto/inner city. Bring them into your home and show them that you are not much different than them, take them to a ball game, play MW3 with them etc anything other than inner city.

Since you feel so good about yourself, don't forget to throw a Turkey out of your car window this Thursday.
Did you not read my initial post? I lived OVERSEAS on a military base. So now I'm supposed to buy little Jamal a passport, fly him out to my house, & let him visit me for a week or so? Jesus Christ I did EVERYTHING I could those summers I came home to the states, expecting NOTHING in return. As for them not wanting "hand me downs" (some of the stuff still had tags on it, NEVER worn) of Ralph Lauren, Diamond Supply, Hundreds, & Jordans/Supras/Vans; they looked happy as hell to take it off my hands, but ok bro. They'd NEVER get that kind of gear from their parents, swap meets, or a Goodwill.
As for taking them to a place outside of their area, I was never assigned to "mentor" one or 2 children. If I was, I would've did that. I drove a 2-door car that can seat 4/5 people. Now how would you feel if only 5 kids can go to a sports game/field trip with me while the other 30+ kids can't go? You seriously need to stop. Just like I asked that other dude, what have YOU done to help?

this is ridiculous...

now we're turning it into a what have you done look what i did...

this is why we can't get anywhere
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

First, it does not relate.  Someone had made a side note about black women that I responded to it.  Go back and research that.

And Second, while im on the topic of research.  PLEASE show me a past thread where I have made blatantly homophobic responses.  Thats not me homey.  You are tripping.... ::Jay-Z:: Groupie girls, stop false accusing it!
Are you Deuce King?
No I am not, I am CJDynast, a NT OG member since '03...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i think his point is where you grew up seeing these types of people you had something to aspire to...kids in the hood don't see that...they see the drug dealer w/the nice stuff or the girl dating the drug dealer & he's buying her nice stuff so thats what they aspire too

if the doctors and lawyers etc were more visible to kids in lower income areas they too would aspire to do that

Its not that thats the only thing they see. I think its more thats what the community glorifies.
The black community, %%$% Ill take it one step further and include the latino community...we tend to glorify the dude who done hustled his way to the top. That whole flashy lifestyle we want that.

Sure our surroundings dictate what we aspire to be but why dont we look at the flip side?

For every dude that got the clothes, the car and the women by sellin rocks theres 10 dudes who dont know where their next meal is coming from?

Why we all focus on that one dude instead of doing everything we can to not end up like those 10 other dudes?

Originally Posted by goDie

Its not that thats the only thing they see. I think its more thats what the community glorifies.
The black community, %%$% Ill take it one step further and include the latino community...we tend to glorify the dude who done hustled his way to the top. That whole flashy lifestyle we want that.

Sure our surroundings dictate what we aspire to be but why dont we look at the flip side?

For every dude that got the clothes, the car and the women by sellin rocks theres 10 dudes who dont know where their next meal is coming from?

Why we all focus on that one dude instead of doing everything we can to not end up like those 10 other dudes?

i dont get your last question...

are you asking why dont we help the other 10?

You mentioned that what we see in the hood with the whole drug dealer stuff is the reason why we tend to emulate that...or "aspire" as you put it.

Im suggesting to you why dont we look at the other side of the same coin?
Why dont we look at all the people in that very same hood who didnt make it and aspire to be nothing like them?

I just think its easy to say "well thats all they know from their surroundings" but in reality we see a lot more poverty than we see that successful drug dealer yet its taking way too many generations to break that cycle.

Originally Posted by goDie

You mentioned that what we see in the hood with the whole drug dealer stuff is the reason why we tend to emulate that...or "aspire" as you put it.

Im suggesting to you why dont we look at the other side of the same coin?
Why dont we look at all the people in that very same hood who didnt make it and aspire to be nothing like them?

I just think its easy to say "well thats all they know from their surroundings" but in reality we see a lot more poverty than we see that successful drug dealer yet its taking way too many generations to break that cycle.
Ok. I think a lot of kids see the dealer as a way out of poverty. It doesn't even have to be the Rick Ross of the game. The low level guy is making enough to not be hungry.

Didn't read anything in here but it makes sense why black people have such a high illegitimacy. Most of them aspire to be like their favorite rappers or on their way to jail. By most I mean NOT ALL, as some of you will argue. The messages rappers put out make more and more kids who think hustling, robbing, and scamming is "doing it", but the way to do it is do well in school and get a steady job.

Scientific Method wrote:

No it wasn't. It might be in the post that Meth deleted so maybe you didn't see it, but he basically said since I'm from the suburbs, everyone from around here are house )#($) and tap dance for D. Whiteman and nose up D. Whiteman's #!% and aren't authentically black and Bryant Gumbel to Malcolm X, and overvalue the approval of D. Whiteman, self hating literally because we don't live in the ghetto, tons of nonsense really. Too bad you missed it. It was hilarious. Click back through the last few pages again. I'm sure somebody quoted it before it got deleted.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Sometimes I wish I could walk in a black man's shoes for a day, to see how hard it really is, I just can't understand this "blame the white man, the white man has brainwashed us, we are owed, we messed up because we are victims of our society" constant bickering...I think we Hispanics deal with very similar stereotypes and obstacles due to our race, I just don't see that many Hispanics feeling like the odds are always against us because of who we are...not trying to stirr up any drama, bros...sometimes we need to take responsibility for our own !!+* ups, if the success rate of families has dropped astronomically is only because of the loss of family values in our communities...teenage pregnancy and bad parenting, it's a cycle...grow up in a broken home and chances are you will be ok with having multiple baby moms, not marrying, being irresponsible because that's all you knew growing up...it has nothing to do with homosexuality, dudes being incarcerated, or even education....it has all to do with being irresponsible, careless and bad parents/lovers/partners.
/thread
blaming it on white people definitely aint helping either
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I wish you all would stop bringing up Obama as if he "won" that seat. We all know presidents are predetermined.

eek.gif
 Oh so the almighty racist system put a negro in power!

Why would they even give black people any type of hope? They must have known black folks wouldnt change 

The system 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

I wish you all would stop bringing up Obama as if he "won" that seat. We all know presidents are predetermined.

eek.gif
 Oh so the almighty racist system put a negro in power!

Why would they even give black people any type of hope? They must have known black folks wouldnt change 

The system 
pimp.gif
To give us this false hope of "we finally made it" so that we can become even more complacent (if that is even possible) than we already were.

If there's any "rednecks" on NT I've always wondered 
Does Billy Bob living in a trailer park with no job and 3 baby moms and generations of poverty does he blame D. Whiteman?

surely the same system that "holds down" the black man who makes bad decisions is holding down the white man who makes bad decisions

Or are there 2 different systems one for poor whites and one for poor blacks 

Maybe there's no system just people being people

scratch-head02-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000415-large.gif

The reason I said SYSTEM and not the white man. Which is what you keep repeating. There are the haves and the have nots. Poor whites and poor blacks are still poor people. But the idea of white supremacy would have you to believe poor white > poor blacks. The system is to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. Again, this does not mean a poor people can't move up in the world.

Originally Posted by vSlackin

Didn't read anything in here but it makes sense why black people have such a high illegitimacy. Most of them aspire to be like their favorite rappers or on their way to jail. By most I mean NOT ALL, as some of you will argue. The messages rappers put out make more and more kids who think hustling, robbing, and scamming is "doing it", but the way to do it is do well in school and get a steady job.
i disagree.

the problem is that our family system is breaking. the rappers didn't invent today's problems. Darquez wants to be like Lil Wayne b/c he probably doesn't have a father figure in his life to steer him towards reality.

just as many white kids listen to rap, but their numbers aren't nearly as staggering as ours.

The reason I said SYSTEM and not the white man. Which is what you keep repeating. There are the haves and the have nots. Poor whites and poor blacks are still poor people. But the idea of white supremacy would have you to believe poor white > poor blacks. The system is to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. Again, this does not mean a poor people can't move up in the world.

plz go
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom