What is a group interview?

So i got an interview at the Y later, but the lady emailed me and said it was a group interview. Now i have never heard of this before now I was wondering ifany of y'all had ever been in one and what it was like

It saves time on the interviewer's part. You're going to get interviewed with a group of other potential employees. As always, be humble and speak withconfident and answer truthfully. Also don't use words like y'all.
laugh.gif

Multiple people being interviewed at the same time.

OR

Multiple employees interviewing one person. It varies.

It is basically a group of potential employees that the company interviews all at the same time
He/she asks a question and pick someone out of the group to answer it or go around in a circle and have everyone answer the question

A group interview is where you do an interview with more than one person (i.e. a group). There will probably be around 5 people interviewing you at once. Thisallows the company to get more than one opinion about you and also allows future managers a chance to conduct interviews. The bad part is there are more peopleasking you more questions now. But, as long as you relax and be yourself you'll do fine. Good luck.

Group interviews suck! They look for you to respond but sometimes the person who responds before you says exactly what you were going to say.

I just had one for Bank of America like 2 weeks ago. One interviewer and about 7 people together, in one table, taking turns answering questions.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

A group interview is just another way of saying "Sorry, the position is filled."
ohwell.gif
Not really, my friend got a job at Chase from a group interview. 2 out of the 5 interviewed were hired. Dress properly, speak with confidently,show genuine interest...and you're in a good shape.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Group Interviews F T L
Originally Posted by Boys Noize

A group interview is just another way of saying "Sorry, the position is filled."
ohwell.gif
Thats how it felt too
laugh.gif
Felt like I had no chance
smh.gif
and Ithought I pretty much stood out from everyone

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Group Interviews F T L

QFT
Its all about who talks the most and the loudest and can kiss the most %@#
However if thats your thing go right ahead
and $**# Macy's (except for when they have sales)
yes I'm salty

A tip:

NEVER say the same answer as the person before you said. If youre the last person to answer, say something that no one else said. The WORST thing you can dois blend in with everyone else and repeat their answers.

try to answer first so ppl dont take your answers and so u take theirs... otherwise its looks stupid when ppl give repetitive answers
might as well say

ya what he said

Originally Posted by soltheman

Multiple people being interviewed at the same time.

OR

Multiple employees interviewing one person. It varies.
I had to do a combination of both

3 interviewees, 3 interviewers.......

Back
Top Bottom