What is Jay-Z's ceiling as far as success is concerned?

Highly doubt he'd go into politics.  His industry ceiling is him sticking with Music, Entertainment, Sports, Beverages, Fashion, etc.. 

:lol:
I'm sorry but I don't want someone that could easily lose 92 bricks running my country or city.
I thought he already reached his ceiling a while ago. He's not getting any younger.

he didn't really lose 92 bricks...it was a metaphor for spending money

I know we're a celebrity obsessed country and all, but if Jay-z is ever in congress voting on legislation 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
. Only a matter of time before Ryan Gosling is leading us to war.

So you probably don't want to hear about this guy called Ronald Reagan, then?

laugh.gif

Haha touché, but I'm not saying no celebrity can run for office, just certain ones. Like I can imagine a Eastwood, Daniel Day-Lewis, Clooney type of figure running for office and it not being a big issue for people.

Last edited:
Honestly, Jay-Z isn't that successful. He's successful at acting like he's successful.

50 cent is more successful than Jay-Z in the grand scheme of things and has built better relationships that will benefit him in the long run. He blows Jay-Z out of the water. 

Investing in a plenty of business hoping that one makes you money is not how you define success. I haven't heard of any of his ventures producing notable success. 

I'm not saying he didn't achieve great success as a MUSIC ARTIST. He had a great career, a pretty popular clothing line that was considered low-tier, and opened up some restaurants that are just there for novelty. 

Oh yeah, and he owns 0.67 of the Nets and threw a hissy fit when the number came out. 

Fact is Jay-Z is only good at being the face of companies. He's all about image; that's all his music career was built on. He's only used when he's needed to bring in consumers or bring credibility to a brand. At actually conducting business, I have no clue because I doubt he has ever been in meetings where he makes real decisions. 

Budweiser, NBA 2k13 and the Nets are all proof. 

LOL at people thinking Obama would stand next to Jay-Z if he tries to do something political. I'm pretty sure Obama is embarrassed that rappers name drop him all the time and act like they're cool with him.

Why does politics have to come into this? You asked what his ceiling was, I don't think he has one. He certainly doesn't have to go into politics to continue excelling.

Honestly, Jay-Z isn't that successful. He's successful at acting like he's successful.

50 cent is more successful than Jay-Z in the grand scheme of things and has built better relationships that will benefit him in the long run. He blows Jay-Z out of the water. 

Investing in a plenty of business hoping that one makes you money is not how you define success. I haven't heard of any of his ventures producing notable success. 

I'm not saying he didn't achieve great success as a MUSIC ARTIST. He had a great career, a pretty popular clothing line that was considered low-tier, and opened up some restaurants that are just there for novelty. 

Oh yeah, and he owns 0.67 of the Nets and threw a hissy fit when the number came out. 

Fact is Jay-Z is only good at being the face of companies. He's all about image; that's all his music career was built on. He's only used when he's needed to bring in consumers or bring credibility to a brand. At actually conducting business, I have no clue because I doubt he has ever been in meetings where he makes real decisions. 

LOL at people thinking Obama would stand next to Jay-Z if he tries to do something political. I'm pretty sure Obama is embarrassed that rappers name drop him all the time and act like they're cool with him.
Although I agree with you...
picture.php

I agree theres no way Obama is standing next to Jay, but he definitely likes Jay-Z's endorsement. He's probably embarrassed when Wocka Flocka name drops him.

Last edited:

That's some quality hate right there lol

inb4 antidope
Say the devils name and he shall appear.

JAY-Z has no ceiling. Dead serious. What about this guys life and achievements would lead you to believe that he does?

-Only rapper to have a long standing successful clothing line (Sean John was not a success)

-1st rapper with a shoe and it sold out instantly

-Turned $50 dollar champagne into $375 champagne with a simple endorsement

-President of Def Jam, signs an array of blockbuster artists

-The face of an NBA Franchise

-The 40-40

I could keep going. He could probably an election if he wanted to, maybe not president but definitely a senator. He said it best himself. "Theres only one rule.... I WILL NOT LOSE" and hes never lost.

November first and we already have a runaway leader for worst post of the month
mean.gif

I'm a Jay-Z fan and I gotta agree with you.

P.S.
Nas won

:rofl: @ Jay-Z owning more of the Nets than the Russian. Jay would've went bankrupt and had to sell his shares immediately if this were true.

In response to him selling drugs, prove it. "Hey I was just saying that to sell records." All these politicians who have an alleged shady past, will simply ask you to prove it. If I may quote Whitney Houston " show me the receipts." LOL. Bush abused cocaine, dodged Vietnam and crashed a few businesses. He did two terms. Giuliani had mob connections via his dad, he did two terms. All they say is prove it and life goes on, because you can't. Besides doesn't all of jay-Z's "friends" from Marcy (Calvin Klein, Gunna and Jaz-O) say he never pushed?

A lot of you guys are swearing to god you'd never vote for Carter (and it is your right), but you'd vote for politicians who at one point in their political careers; openly worked to limit your rights/benefits as minorities, homosexuals and women. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there politicians who currently hold office/seat(s), claim that "legitmate rape," doesn't result in pregnancy?

I don't know what's more sad, the claims that stans make or the fact that they actually believe it.

I know we're a celebrity obsessed country and all, but if Jay-z is ever in congress voting on legislation :lol: :x . Only a matter of time before Ryan Gosling is leading us to war.

Ryan Gosling is a canuck though.

Jay-Z would be a great senator. On some Clay Davis sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttt

Does an individual who was born into poverty still carry that poverty mindset, even though he becomes successful?

That's some quality hate right there lol

this
the bitterness is strong
:rofl: @ anyone thinkin 50 irrelevant self is more successful than hov
hov addressed all you dudes in ham already :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom