What is Jay-Z's ceiling as far as success is concerned?

A lot of lulz in this thread.

This guy Jay-Z has no ceiling. I'm a fan but i'm coming from a realistic point of view.

"how could this nappy headed boy from out the project, be the apple of America's obsession?"

This guy is the epitome of the American Dream. Although politics might not be a solo endeavor for him, he'll continue being that rap mogul that does no wrong.

Come at me bros.

smh@ ppl saying jay-z isnt successful wtf. 

with that said i think pdiddy ceiling is higher. he's more personable/seems more comfortable in front of the camera. jayz always appears low key, he's a good performer etc but when he's not on stage its like he'd rather do behind the scene sht. diddy is an attention*****, does all kinds of tv appearances, acting, charity stuff (like when he ran that marathon and cut up his feet) reality shows, talent shows, he's done movies, been on broadway, tv shows, etc. i think ppl in general would have a more positive opinion of greasyass diddy than jay-z. 

First off let me say, Nas killed Jay On Ether. But Nas will never be in the position that Jay-Z is. Jay-Z has no ceiling, & he won't stop making moves until he's on top of the Forbes list. He's a business man, just like Diddy, Birdman, & Master P (Remember Him?). No matter what field he is in, he is destined for success. Jay-Z in the business world is like Kobe on the court. He has that confidence to walk in a room and KNOW he belongs and nobody will disagree. Even if someone did he wouldn't acknowledge it. Like when Kyrie Irving challenged Kobe 1 on 1 & Kobe just laughed.

To keep it extra funky, he's settin' himself up to be Joe Kennedy...

...he won't be able to do it himself, but his kids will.

Still a win win...

I feel like he has mastered the art of basically doing nothing but getting all the credit for it. Take the Nets, NBA 2k13 (executive produced by Jay Z my ***, what the hell does he know about producing a video game?). So essentially he'd be a good political candidate, since it's really the staffers that do all the work anyway.

I feel like he has mastered the art of basically doing nothing but getting all the credit for it. Take the Nets, NBA 2k13 (executive produced by Jay Z my ***, what the hell does he know about producing a video game?). So essentially he'd be a good political candidate, since it's really the staffers that do all the work anyway.

This is pushing it. The man paid dues and put in work for a decade + to get to the position he's in now.

If companies want to attach themselves to his brand, be it Def Jam, the Nets or a video game, with him operating as more of a figurehead, then so be it. Let that man get his check.

But that came after a lot of hard work, shrewd business decisions, being politically (in the business sense) and culturally astute etc.

You don't get to where Jay is by "doing nothing".

And all great businessmen get to where they are with the help of a great staff.

Last edited:
This is pushing it. The man paid dues and put in work for a decade + to get to the position he's in now.

If companies want to attach themselves to his brand, be it Def Jam, the Nets or a video game, with him operating as more of a figurehead, then so be it. Let that man get his check.

But that came after a lot of hard work, shrewd business decisions, being politically (in the business sense) and culturally astute etc.

Dame-Sigh.gif

Dame-Sigh.gif

Flawless execution...

Jay-z's genius isn't even in his talent its in his ability to bring the talent around him that compliments his. His music career is the blueprint for all his business ventures. The core reason Jay-z is relevant is because he ALWAYS worked with the most talented producers in the game whenever he made music so he could make hits. None of his music changed the social landscape or really took and stance on social issues. The ***** just wheeled out hit after hit and banger after banger all brought to you by primier,swizz,timbaland,the neptunes,Dr. Dre,dj quick,just blaze, no I.d. and his good ole pal the super musician kanye West. Jay is successful because like all successfull people he is smart enough to connect and establish relations with talent that is going to be conducive to his chief aim. This is what 95% of the pop. doesn't understand about successful people and how success actually works. In return for is masterminding his chief aim he is is now utilized as the one who others use to attach their chief aim through due to his brand. That is why if I'm a Russian billionaire that is looking to acquire a team and replace them in New York city.its preferable that I attach myself to the mega star from that particular borough. If I'm selling liquor ill get the commercially successful entity that made an image off of balling in the club with class. Jay is safe enough because he made sure that despite creating an image based off of drug dealing he still operated with CLASS. Class is the key to success and why he is able to sip coffee with Obama and Buffett and impregnate beyonce. As long as you act like you have some sense and operate with class there is no limit to what you can do. Hustle smart before you hustle hard. There is no such thing as a self made millionaire, in fact its impossible.

ya want da cat that couldn't run def jam right running da country? lulz.
This is a serious post?

Please tell me in vivid detail how he didnt run Def Jam properly. During JAY-Z's tenure as president Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, and Rihanna debuted and became instant superstars? Guess he had nothing to do with that...... No one knew that Rick Ross or Young Jeezy were going to become that big, that came with proper management and promotion. Brought Nas over from Sony, Fab came out with probably his most successful album in that time frame and NeYo blew up.

This doesnt come without misses however but lets me serious, the two most vocal detractors of him while he was president were LL Cool J and Joe Budden. LL Cool J? Who was checking for this guy in the mid 2000s? Even if he had all the promotion in the world he wouldnt have went anywhere. Did you know that he released an album recently? The only reason I even know is because of an NT ad. No one has cared about him for a long time. Joe Budden while being one of my favorite artists is flat out lazy and even after Def Jam did the same stuff he was doing over there, the biggest person holding him back will always be himself. I'm glad to see that hes turned it around though.

JAY-Z did such a bad job running that label in comparison to other rapper run labels. P Diddy sure took over the airwaves with all his moves in the mid 2000s. OH wait........ Well what about 50 Cent? Those signings of MOP and Mobb Deep were a stroke of genius and set the music world on its ears... OH WAIT.....

People really expected the guy to turn the entire roster into superstars and when he didnt it was "Oh he failed". As if hes writing rhymes for everybody.
............. This post just reeks of ignorance. Do you know how how promotion and endorsements work? I could sit her and find a host of celebrity endorsements in which "The person endorsing it knows nothing about it" but what would be the point? Either way, go in the NBA2k13 thread and backtrack a bit, everyone whos been a long time player, myself included can obviously see his influence in the games development.
I'm still astounded by how negatively ppl talk about his percentage in the Nets. Like what percentage of people in general have ownership interests in a professional sports team? I assure you its smaller than a tenth of a percent. And the number who are black is even more miniscule. Yet we want to act like it doesn't matter. And that's why minorities don't have nice things.
Ding Ding Ding........

Last edited:
This is all I needed. Even he agrees with me. Hes not a fan of me at all when it comes to conversations about JAY

Sean John was a success I'll take that back but on Rocawears level? I think not.
Do you have these facts? Seems like you just say things on emotion and without much thought into it I.E. saying Sean John wasn't successful
roll.gif
mean.gif

This is all I needed. Even he agrees with me. Hes not a fan of me at all when it comes to conversations about JAY

Sean John was a success I'll take that back but on Rocawears level? I think not.
Do you have these facts? Seems like you just say things on emotion and without much thought into it I.E. saying Sean John wasn't successful
roll.gif
mean.gif
I dont have facts for this because it was really based off of what I remember. Sean John came and went really fast whereas rocawear hung around for way longer. The rest of the stuff I've said can easily be backed up by facts and I did that somewhat by referencing the book that Forbes published but didn't go into detail because it didn't seem necessary.

I really cannot believe people are dumb enough to think he can run for an elected position.

Man Sean John was nice for a minute maybe where you at it didn't. Rocawear on the other hand was a temporary thing at least in Philly. It was hot no doubt but Sean John was hotter here for while longer than Rocawear

I dont have facts for this because it was really based off of what I remember. Sean John came and went really fast whereas rocawear hung around for way longer. The rest of the stuff I've said can easily be backed up by facts and I did that somewhat by referencing the book that Forbes published but didn't go into detail because it didn't seem necessary.
What the hell are you talking about? Sean John has it's own big section in multiple department stores, and both are still around, you're saying Sean John came and went and Rocawear hung around longer, BOTH are still available, you're talking as if they are not in stores anymore. How the hell did Sean John come and go really fast? What the hell? lmao..You are delusional and based off of you NOT having facts, you need to fall back with making claims based off of "what you remember".  Like I said, don't pull stuff our your behind just to prove a point, because you'll get played in the end.

What the hell are you talking about? Sean John has it's own big section in multiple department stores, and both are still around, you're saying Sean John came and went and Rocawear hung around longer, BOTH are still available, you're talking as if they are not in stores anymore. How the hell did Sean John come and go really fast? What the hell? lmao..You are delusional and based off of you NOT having facts, you need to fall back with making claims based off of "what you remember".  Like I said, don't pull stuff our your behind just to prove a point, because you'll get played in the end.
Sean John had it's own stand alone stores as well.

I really cannot believe people are dumb enough to think he can run for an elected position.
As if his drug dealing past wouldn't come into play...or how he was clapping them flamers before he became famous...yeah that type of **** would get you in the politcal realm.

I also just saw Sean John suits in Macy's a few weeks ago. They weren't bad for the price either.

fair enough, guess I was really ignorant about the Sean John thing never was a fan of the brand. I apologize. I don't think that makes my entire statement worthless though it was about more than Sean John not sure why everyone's getting hung up on that part alone.

just came into the thread to say this...

as adult males this is what ya'll worried about????

Back
Top Bottom