What is Killer Instinct??? (Basketball)

In basketball, what is the terminology "Killer Instinct" mean? What does it mean to you? Who has it? Discuss...

The will to win no matter what. To take over the game mentally. to get in the head of your opponent. To execute.

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

If you mean todays game then its Kobe

All time Mike EASY

why/how does mike have it? why/how does kobe have it?
they both have it because they have that mental edge to finish off a team (or player) and show no mercy against opponents....

In simpler terms it's basically the difference between Kobe and Vince....

Killer instinct is having the ability to notice even the slightest weakness in an opponent, and having the talent to exploit it voraciously.

Kobe and MJ are the two obvious ones...others in the league have it too; i think killer instinct is the ability to make killer shots in crunch time to eitherlead ur team to victory or just put the other team away. i'd like to list some names of people who have it but yall would accuse me as a homer.

killerinstinct.jpg

when a guy shoots 1-13 in the first three quarters and in the fourth quarter he shoots 7-9 and his team wins.

When someone does everything in their power to keep his team from losing.

Jerryd Bayless - killer instinct.

Dude had 39 out of 54 points and was taking charges, trying to get steals but no one else on the team would help him out
tired.gif
mad.gif
. Watching that game in person was the definition of someone with it

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

How are you a Lakers fan and dont know if Kobe "has" it?

of course i know he has it... i made this post because i have a friend who doesnt think kobe has it... he says kobe doesnt have it because the lakers wereup 3-1 against the Suns in that one playoff series but let it all go to waste when the Suns came back to win 4-3... thats why i ask for examples of why/howkobe has the killer instinct...

i also gave my friend the 81pt game example.... the lakers were down by 15 and then kobe went on a rampage... he will'd his team to victory by scoring81pts at the expense of the raptors. of course my friend brings up the Suns series and i get stumped because its true, kobe didnt show up when needed
frown.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

When someone does everything in their power to keep his team from losing.

BINGO.

Example: Jordan, Kobe. Period.

... and Bron vs. Pistons Game 5

if thats the definition, what happened to kobe against the suns in the playoffs... dont hate me, im a lakers/kobe fan... but its hard for me to defend kobewhen someone brings up that Suns series...

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

How are you a Lakers fan and dont know if Kobe "has" it?

of course i know he has it... i made this post because i have a friend who doesnt think kobe has it... he says kobe doesnt have it because the lakers were up 3-1 against the Suns in that one playoff series but let it all go to waste when the Suns came back to win 4-3... thats why i ask for examples of why/how kobe has the killer instinct...

i also gave my friend the 81pt game example.... the lakers were down by 15 and then kobe went on a rampage... he will'd his team to victory by scoring 81pts at the expense of the raptors. of course my friend brings up the Suns series and i get stumped because its true, kobe didnt show up when needed
frown.gif

Actually Kobe did show up in Game 6 when he lit up the Suns for 50 and did everything in his power to win, but Kwame ({}) Brown couldn't grab the ONErebound at the end of the game that would have won that series and Tim Thomas hit the 3 to send it into OT, and the rest is history. In game 7 he tried in the1st half, but to no avail and things just got out of hand so it would have done nothing for him to jack up 40+ in that game.

But to answer your question, it's that never say die attitude, and when you smell blood in the water, you go in for the kill. Kobe and Mike are themasters of it. Bird was great at it as well. I don't know a young player today that has it consistently, we've seen it in flashes from Wade, LeBron,etc. But it's rare to find a player today outside of Kobe, that literally has it every single game.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

nobody is perfect... even MJ failed many times. it took him 7 years to win his first championship, and he lost in the playoffs in '95 against the Magic

whenever i use the "nobody is perfect" quote, it makes it seem as if im using an excuse for kobe's mishap in the playoffs... help a fellowlakers fan out

Back
Top Bottom