What is Killer Instinct??? (Basketball)

Everyone is saying Kobe, but he didn't really develop that until Shaq left and he hasn't stepped up when it counted.

Hakeem had it. One of the best...
Tim Duncan certainly has it, I think more so than Kobe.
Allen Iverson has had it his whole career. (although his teammates did not)
Melo has it.
Lebron has it.
Wade had it(flashes)
Jordan was a killer too....
Isiah Thomas certainly had it. I can't believe people forgot about Isiah! Dude was one ruthless competitor.
Reggie Miller certainly had it.

Killer instinct is to the ability to stand up to the greatest competition with absolutely no fear, and having no compassion whatsoever when soundly beatingthem into their graves.
laugh.gif
That's what it means in the metaphoricalsense. The honest truth is those with killer instinct take extreme pleasure in dominating and controlling a game. It's as if they want to impose theirwill on the game and therefore the outcome will be determined by their performance. A great example is Tim Duncan. When he is on, he has no conscience. He willout rebound anyone on the floor. He will block any shot. He we'll destroy anyone in the post. The guy can control the whole game on the offensive anddefensive end. That's killer instinct! Another thing you notice about these sort of players is their ability to have their teammates playing at the samelevel.

Everyone is saying Kobe, but he didn't really develop that until Shaq left and he hasn't stepped up when it counted.
HUH?!! GAME 4 2000 FINALS...kobe had 22 in the second half with shaq OUT on a bum ankle

Originally Posted by haiti5

HUH?!! GAME 4 2000 FINALS...kobe had 22 in the second half with shaq OUT on a bum ankle

On a consistent level, that killer instinct wasn't there until Shaq left. Kobe wasn't taking over games consistently. I love when cats bring up onegame. For all that, you can add a whole bunch of players. We should add Mike Bibby to the list..
laugh.gif

wow...a bunch of end of game performances. I could have understood if you came with the 9 straight 40 point game performances, but let me show you killerinstinct...

Come one fam....Kobe ain't have that until Shaq left. It's all good tho..He got his fingers laced..

well Kobe back then did have a killer instinct, but he couldn't just "turn it on" anytime like he canthese days and wasn't exactly the smartest in terms of bball IQ and decision making... He also let his ego affect his play at times....

but now (as of 07-08), he has matured from his earlier years in the league and has that instinct and he can turn it on anytime needed..... also he knows whento involve teammates and when to take over

jmoneybaggz wrote:
wow...a bunch of end of game performances. I could have understood if you came with the 9 straight 40 point game performances, but let me show you killer instinct...

Come one fam....Kobe ain't have that until Shaq left. It's all good tho..He got his fingers laced..

�ok your either biased, blind or ******ed. that video dude posted was all killer instinct by kobe, he has always had it. and the first 7 minutes of it waswhile shaq and kobe were on the same team. i smell a hater.

Perfect example. Pretty much the definition of killer instinct-Michael Jordan 55 pt. comeback vs. Knicks.

Peep the video at 8:38.

The whole Garden thinks MJ's taking the last shot. But all of a sudden, out of nowhere, when he was feasting on the Knicks all night, he dishes it off forthe wide open jam.

�And this was when he came back from retirement. Shows he stillhad it. Shows he had killer instinct.

Michael Jordan is the definition of killer instinct.

It's really hard to describe, but it's that relentlessness to keep coming back, making the right play every time, feeling the moment, and capitalizingon it. It's basically� just being too good
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

Hakeem had it. One of the best...
Tim Duncan certainly has it, I think more so than Kobe.
Allen Iverson has had it his whole career. (although his teammates did not)
Melo has it.
Lebron has it.
Wade had it(flashes)
Jordan was a killer too....
Isiah Thomas certainly had it. I can't believe people forgot about Isiah! Dude was one ruthless competitor.
Reggie Miller certainly had it.

Killer instinct is to the ability to stand up to the greatest competition with absolutely no fear, and having no compassion whatsoever when soundly beating them into their graves.
laugh.gif
That's what it means in the metaphorical sense. The honest truth is those with killer instinct take extreme pleasure in dominating and controlling a game. It's as if they want to impose their will on the game and therefore the outcome will be determined by their performance. A great example is Tim Duncan. When he is on, he has no conscience. He will out rebound anyone on the floor. He will block any shot. He we'll destroy anyone in the post. The guy can control the whole game on the offensive and defensive end. That's killer instinct! Another thing you notice about these sort of players is their ability to have their teammates playing at the same level.
some of the players on your list didnt necessarily beat their opponents into their graves (dominating and controlling the game)... if that was thecase, wouldnt all of them have Championship rings?
i know kobe has killer instinct, but i just hate it when someone brings up the fact that he hasnt proven it by exiting in the first round the last two years. maybe he just doesnt have killer instinct, or maybe i just suck at debating?

Killer Instinct is wanting the ball and making plays down the stretch in a close game because you have to the confidence from doing it in the past

Current players with KI

Kobe Bryant

Paul Pierce

Carmelo Anthony

Baron Davis

Gilbert Arenas

Chauncy Billups

jmoneybaggz
indifferent.gif
You said Melo has it and LeBron has it (outside of Game 5 against the Pistons and the two games where he has to get motivated by hecklers beforehe decides to play this year, where exactly does he HAVE it? LeBron is developing it, but he still doesn't want to "kill" his opponents everytimehe steps on the floor, I don't think Jordan ever had to get the opposing team's best player's girlfriend to motivate him to start playing hard oranything. But to say Kobe didn't have it is just dumb, he didn't always make the best decisions, but he has wanted to do whatever is necessary to win(sometimes to the detriment of his team). Tim Duncan, dude is a great player, IMO the best PF of all time, but his demeanor just doesn't scream out killer,although he may be a silent killer, killing them softly with the
indifferent.gif

AIRJORDAN JB23 wrote:

The "Not one person out here is going to stop me" type attitude.

Basically, someone who has the WILL to do whatever it takes to win the game....... someone who won't hold back anything to beat the other team/guy.

An instinct to know when to attack the rim, and how.
Not only when and how, also making sure that its gonna be a successful attack, otherwise get a foul.
Or an instinct to know how to make your opponent become your prey.

Back
Top Bottom