What is the big deal about having Nike Air on J's??

the real reason for the jumpman on the back of those sheos.......is so that the real collectors can tell the ogs from the retros......so on the street you knowhich ones are the ogs......and which ones are retro.......

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Originally Posted by El Bro

If the shoe was designed and manufactured with Nike Air on the back, thats the way it should stay. Period. If they were to retro the X's again, and put Nike air on the back instead of a jumpman, it would look stupid. Whatever the space in the back was designed for is what should always stay there. I will tell you this. No Nike Air on the III-VI in the packages, no purchases from me. Guaranteed.

See responses like that is what I'm talkiing about... I can understand why most people would prefer nike air on them if thats how og's are.....but to not actually buy the III's because it does say nike air on the back? Come on I mean it would look pretty exactly the same except there's a jumpman logo instead...you'll never seen it when its on ur feet..you'll never notice its there... but oh well it just means more out there for me to buy...

I currently do not own III-VI with a jumpman on the back, and it will continue to be that way. I will not buy a shoe that I dont think looks right. Iwill not accept Jordans in the retro department if they are not Made Right, and refuse to spend my hard earned money on them, just because they resemble whatthey once did.

^^^^ i feel you homie, you buy what you like. look at the converse chuck taylor. that shoe been out for years and they haven't changed a thing with it. noalterations to it at all except for different colorways but as far as the logo, you always gonna see that CT/Cons logo on the side of the shoe. and it shouldbe the same for the Jordans that originally had that. but when your shoes turn into beaters or if you like to keep them on ice, they whind up turning into dustand you can't wear them at all. and a fresh pair of the same jordans came out but with the Jumpman on it instead. your not gonna cop??...wow, sounds a lilstupid to me, but to each is own. not calling you stupid but i really don't see the sense in that. but you do you, cuz when those infareds get re-released,im definatly copping at least 2 pairs.

smh.gif
...at this topic. bunch of drama queens
indifferent.gif

Im thinking it's they're way of seperating the OG's from retro's. How would you tell the difference other than the manufactors tag in theinside which can easily be removed. Thats just my opinion. The OG's Would'nt really have any value if there is an exact replica dropping 15 yearslater.

smh.gif
at bringing up this thread after not being discussed for 2 months...
Well, good thing though, nobody started a new thread on this..

yall just some nitpickers... it doesnt matter as long as the shoe looks overall the same... i could honestly care less...

People can't even explain it.

It's because NIKE AIR represented quality, originality (OG), close and legitimate RETRO; all because the JUMPMAN on the back meant lesser quality and acrappy retro.

Originally Posted by ijapino

It's the whole history behind the shoe. Having something close to the original look and feel of a shoe brings back more nostalgic feelings than you think. It's not so much that "Nike Air" looks better, it's that people want things the way they remembered it. Why "retro" something if it's not going to be the same??

I mean, I understand having minor differences to distinguish between originals and remakes, but why does it have to be something as significant as changing the logo? Why not change the insole? Or the placement of the size tag?

The sad part is that many of us have accepted the fact that what's coming out is the best we're going to get. And for the "loyal" Brand enthusiasts, it's hard to quit a company that we've all grown to love....But more and more, we're realizing the company is quitting us. The higher-ups say they're "respecting" the OG collectors? How so? By changing what we grew accustomed to? By no longer being the trend setter, but rather the trend follower?

It's an argument that will go on till they decide to change it back. We could care less about retro + models. Go ahead and slap a Jumpman on those. As far as original colors go....We deserve to have them made the way they were intended.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

People can't even explain it.

It's because NIKE AIR represented quality, originality (OG), close and legitimate RETRO; all because the JUMPMAN on the back meant lesser quality and a crappy retro.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

What's the big deal with having the horse on a Ferarri???

cosigned...

i.e. the 08 Jaguar XJs are beautiful, but they look very generic since the chrome cats have been take off the hoods.

Sure we can do without it, but the "nike air" is just one of those elements of the shoe that defines the original Air Jordans

Originally Posted by ijapino

It's the whole history behind the shoe. Having something close to the original look and feel of a shoe brings back more nostalgic feelings than you think. It's not so much that "Nike Air" looks better, it's that people want things the way they remembered it. Why "retro" something if it's not going to be the same??

I mean, I understand having minor differences to distinguish between originals and remakes, but why does it have to be something as significant as changing the logo? Why not change the insole? Or the placement of the size tag?

The sad part is that many of us have accepted the fact that what's coming out is the best we're going to get. And for the "loyal" Brand enthusiasts, it's hard to quit a company that we've all grown to love....But more and more, we're realizing the company is quitting us. The higher-ups say they're "respecting" the OG collectors? How so? By changing what we grew accustomed to? By no longer being the trend setter, but rather the trend follower?

It's an argument that will go on till they decide to change it back. We could care less about retro + models. Go ahead and slap a Jumpman on those. As far as original colors go....We deserve to have them made the way they were intended.

Real- Talk, I stepped away from Jordan Brand because they completely ruined the shoe. Haven't purchased a pair in years.

you're just paying for that style of shoe, quality doesn't matter and slapping a jumpman on it doesn't to them either, it's that STYLE of shoeyou're getting thats it

In my mind it's just people being picky and always finding something to complain about..
co-sign, nothing is ever right for people on NT. Especially these "OG heads" who feel they are better than anyone else because they wereborn during a certain era. Get over it. It doesn't matter though they will always find something to complain about.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

In my mind it's just people being picky and always finding something to complain about..
co-sign, nothing is ever right for people on NT. Especially these "OG heads" who feel they are better than anyone else because they were born during a certain era. Get over it. It doesn't matter though they will always find something to complain about.

Don't talk out of your!%!% because you can't relate. I swear I hate new jacks for the very reason of your reply. Nobody said we were better,don't hold it against us because we actually witnessed "Money" play in these shoes. I wouldn't expect someone from your generation tounderstand anyways. It's humorous though how these young kids only wear the shoes because it's the cool thing to do. Looking like a bunch of mindlesssheep with that approach.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom