What is the real reason for reduction in quality materials?

Originally Posted by XanGelicO

Originally Posted by Untitled

i say increase of cost of materials due too inflation....

word,
i think tht way too... as u can c globalization leading out the inflation happening in the whole world, not just in here...
so as well as the production countries, the material offers r being low quality, the producer can't do anything about it...
about the high price... just cuz many many more ppl r into the shoe games, and create the hype, well well

zageretokintaman - I didn't know you were French and I really couldn't care less. You insulted me so I insulted you right back, we can leave it atthat. You can do whatever you want just don't expect that you can call somebody naive and just keep on walking.

Originally Posted by LeronJames

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

For people saying inflation plays a part..

What about Nike? We've seen the release of the Eggplant/Royal Foams... a ton of other Penny Retros... the Griffeys are coming out as well.

Personally, I don't own all of these, but it seems as though the quality is pretty on point. The heads in Nike Retro don't complain nearly as much as we do.

So if Nike can use similar quality materials without jackin up the price... why can't JB?

The quality is on point on Foams and Penny's (actually I've heard a lot of complaints about the quality of Penny II's) and the MSRP is $160-200, just like the XX3's. Plus, Jordan Brand thrives off of exclusivity. You're paying more money for the logo on Jordans. To the die-hards, the logo doesn't mean much when the quality isn't there to back it up, but unfortunately, the die hards don't make up the majority of the JB consumer market.
Yes, the MSRP is $160-200, but that's because that what the originals cost. There might be a little mark up, but nothing crazy.

Retro Jordans MSRP have a mark up as well, but they are close to the orginal MSRP.

So Nike is using better quality materials, but the MSRP mark up is no different than what it is on Jordans.

I definitely agree with the fact that JB thrives off exclusivity, I'm just not buying inflation as a reason.

JB chooses the lower quality materials, while Nike Retros do not

Current low quality may be due to a number of factors related to cost-cutting/profit increases.

However, quality started to slip almost as soon as Brand Jordan broke away from Nike

I say what does it matter if everyone is gonna buy their products anyway...if quality REALLY means that much to yall then a boycott should b in order...realtalk

Originally Posted by sneakerhead1287

I say what does it matter if everyone is gonna buy their products anyway...if quality REALLY means that much to yall then a boycott should b in order...real talk

Pretty much

the worst thing is they still have the "quality inspired by the greatest player ever" quote on the back of the cdp xii's
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LeronJames

Haha go %%#$ yourself then. You're gonna call me naive and then call me stupid? You're a jerk off, go back to France and stay there.
I'am dispointed, i expected better from you ... Come on, i'am sure that you can be much more creative than that.

People will buy anything with a jumpman on it.

Armbands, underwear, wrist bands, socks, poor quality shoes... they could probably stamp a Jumpman into some dog crap and release it as a limited release itemin a DTRT colorway for like $100+ to celebrate that one time when MJ cleaned up his dog's crap on his own on that fateful raining day back in 1987 and mostJB addicts would be all over it like flies on... oh never mind.

na mean?

I think that they use cheaper stuff to get the max profit. They know that most will sell out.

Even when they have produced quality the profit was pretty big, but of coarse the goal of any corporation is to have the highest profit so as long as they canmake a shoe that is wearable it does not really matter to them what it is made out of. .

No Question everyone here has said it, cost.

One thing to mention, the XX3's are a higher quality shoe. I have 3 pair and each pair doesn't have the same glue marks or uneven cut patterns. Everything is really nice on all 3 pair. I think they spend more on quality for the signature shoe for that year.

I believe they put better quality into the newer jordans because they are introducing it to the world for the first time so they got to make sure it will sell.the retro's are just classic and will sell regardless so they cut cost on the quality on those. people know what they are if they know anthing aboutjordans so they can afford to make a cheaper version of that shoe. Look at the 21's...those dropped when? like 3-4 years ago right?..wasn't the suedeand leather used on them really good?? especially the suede. look at the CDP 21's...I had a pair of them. the suede was really cheap and ashy. they wouldnever introduce that shoe for the first time with poor quality like that. but since they been out for some time, people know what they are so they don'tgot to put too much quality in them, they know they sell anyway. Im just about done with jordans anyway. They are starting to get a little played for me.I'll just keep my older ones and the exclusives.

Like we have to wait for a LS or a Premiere edition to get some type of quality. I got both gucci and laser 1's then I picked up the black and red stapsand the quality on them not touching the gucci or lasers.

I believe they put better quality into the newer jordans because they are introducing it to the world for the first time so they got to make sure it will sell.the retro's are just classic and will sell regardless so they cut cost on the quality on those. people know what they are if they know anthing aboutjordans so they can afford to make a cheaper version of that shoe. Look at the 21's...those dropped when? like 3-4 years ago right?..wasn't the suedeand leather used on them really good?? especially the suede. look at the CDP 21's...I had a pair of them. the suede was really cheap and ashy. they wouldnever introduce that shoe for the first time with poor quality like that. but since they been out for some time, people know what they are so they don'tgot to put too much quality in them, they know they sell anyway. Im just about done with jordans anyway. They are starting to get a little played for me.I'll just keep my older ones and the exclusives.

Like we have to wait for a LS or a Premiere edition to get some type of quality. I got both gucci and laser 1's then I picked up the black and red stapsand the quality on them not touching the gucci or lasers.

It's the fact that the new comsumer base for JB doesn't know what the quality of the OGs are even 1st/2nd round of retros was like. They're fooland JB can capitalize on them.

Its sad because a lot of collectors on here who have been into Js for a long time seem to accept poor quality and still buy new releases too. I just don'tget it.

I can barely accept the quality on my '04 Olympic 7 retros, so I can't touch none of this new stuff with a 10 foot pole.

price of oil made everything more expensive, companies now have to subsititute to other materials to maximize profit.

Originally Posted by TaggPopperNJ

I believe they put better quality into the newer jordans because they are introducing it to the world for the first time so they got to make sure it will sell. the retro's are just classic and will sell regardless so they cut cost on the quality on those. people know what they are if they know anthing about jordans so they can afford to make a cheaper version of that shoe. Look at the 21's...those dropped when? like 3-4 years ago right?..wasn't the suede and leather used on them really good?? especially the suede. look at the CDP 21's...I had a pair of them. the suede was really cheap and ashy. they would never introduce that shoe for the first time with poor quality like that. but since they been out for some time, people know what they are so they don't got to put too much quality in them, they know they sell anyway. Im just about done with jordans anyway. They are starting to get a little played for me. I'll just keep my older ones and the exclusives.

Like we have to wait for a LS or a Premiere edition to get some type of quality. I got both gucci and laser 1's then I picked up the black and red staps and the quality on them not touching the gucci or lasers.
Real talk. Never ask why a busniess does things. It is always for money, thats what makes them a business. Even charitable works happen forbusniess reasons, namely good PR and tax deductions. If sales flopped, and the reason was poor quality, then they would flip the script. Until then, you canbank on weak quality. Think about it, even at a lemonade stand, if you are selling out even though you we only using one lemon per pitcher, why use more?

YEA CHEAPER MATERIALS AND SAME COSTS EQUAL BIGGER PROFIT MARGINS BUT I THINK ITS BAD FOR THEM TO PUSH OUT THE RECENT GARBAGE BUT WE AS CONSUMERS STILL BUY SOCAN YOU REALLY BLAME

Back
Top Bottom