What is the whip of 2009 going to be?

Originally Posted by presequel

man im so tempted to get the is350

lurkin u have the 350?

also thinkin bout upgraded to the 370z.....just cant decide if i like the car or not. and i feel its overpriced.
Hey if you do go through...Peter Kong at Lexus of Glendale will do you right. He's hooked up a grip of folks on the Lexus boards. In thesummer, it was $1,500 below invoice for any IS. And I had the $750 coupon for attending the Lexus driving event. But I didn't come through on the deal.

I had an automatic loaner for a couple of days and man, I missed driving stick in that period of time.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

I'm clueless about this topic so hopefully you guys can help me out.

In a year or two I'll be in the market for a car and it'll probably come down to Lexus IS, Acura TL, or an Audi A4. I really like the Audi but for a number of years I've heard it's a %@!#! with maintenance. Is that still the case? Is it cheaper maintaining a Lexus or an Acura in comparison to an Audi?

If maintenance is your biggest worry, I'll completely erase the A4 from my list, and def get an 06 TL. I was never a fan of the IS, so I don't knowmuch about that car maintenance wise.

In a year or two I'll be in the market for a car and it'll probably come down to Lexus IS, Acura TL, or an Audi A4. I really like the Audi but for a number of years I've heard it's a %@!#! with maintenance. Is that still the case? Is it cheaper maintaining a Lexus or an Acura in comparison to an Audi?
Acura will be the least to maintain. If you want reliability..go with Lexus or Acura. Lexus will be reliable too, but will be more expensive tomaintain.

To fro- I'm 23.

I guess I'm one of the luckier folks on the board or at least it seems. Just got her back from the dealership on the 30k mile service, which is just an oilchange and brake fluid flush. But they had to keep the car for a couple of days due to shortage of techs. Had the brakes squealing on me 2 times, took it in tochange the pads. Besides that, she's been good to me. Still love to drive it.

out of that list and based on what you said.

lexus.

wow yea..............wj4 you only had that car like a year right? son be cruisiiiiiiiiiiin. tryna hit that 50k mark and dump it early
pimp.gif

Thanks for your input fellas. I guess the Audi is officially off my list .....

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

out of that list and based on what you said.

lexus.

wow yea..............wj4 you only had that car like a year right? son be cruisiiiiiiiiiiin. tryna hit that 50k mark and dump it early
pimp.gif
It will be 2 years on 2/22/09. I slowed down a bit when gas price went up. But over the last month or so that it's been in the low 2/high1...I've been on the move again. Yeah, man..I will get rid of it before the 50k mark or get the extended warranty. I'm not trying to have the highpressure fuel pump go out after warranty and shell out $2,000 for the repair. On some nights, I just like to drive, travel 20 miles to go get gas, by the timeI get home, it's not even full anymore, lol.

Presequel...I drive everywhere, man. Hell I drive from my crib to Northridge to go get boba. I might go to Boba City again tonight
laugh.gif
Still cut backthough compared to the Evo, I put 33,000 miles on the Evo in like 14 months. Used to go to the 626 a grip with that thing.

Can you get the black roof done in a shop? If so how much?
It's vinyl, same material used to black out headlights/tail lights. A lot of people with white or silver cars like to do it. You can take itto a tint shop and they can do it for you too. You can also try to do it yourself, but it will be hard if you're not a pro and will get bubbles in thevinyl. I don't think it would be more than $200 for everything.

Originally Posted by wj4

Can you get the black roof done in a shop? If so how much?
It's vinyl, same material used to black out headlights/tail lights. A lot of people with white or silver cars like to do it. You can take it to a tint shop and they can do it for you too. You can also try to do it yourself, but it will be hard if you're not a pro and will get bubbles in the vinyl. I don't think it would be more than $200 for everything.

Oh thanks for the info, I always liked the look on a white car.

-and is it removable if you choose to not want it anymore?

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by Pitman13

If Audi isn't crunching the numbers right for the A4, I'm looking into the M35. I live in NYC, I'd rather have the AWD over the sport package.

btw, 3rd Gen TLs are selling for dirt cheap right now. You can get an 04 - 05 for around $15K, personally I'd rather have an 07, but those run around $23K - $25K.

its true

i wish lexus IS were going for that low. i see soooooooooooooo many 3rd gen TL. like serioiusly that car around more than scion TC, civic, maxima etc.
Not for nothing, but the IS's are going for $1000-1500 below invoice. And the IS-F is in the low $50k. I almost pulled the trigger, but the auto is damn boring for me. The prices of those TL's look nice..but automatic V6 ****** and Honda...
ohwell.gif
I'll be looking for a DD in the $15k range in the summer time, maybe the TSX will be around 15k or less too? Or a new Civic will do.
laugh.gif
the type s comes in 6 speed

^Yep, it sure does. But I want a DD that's automatic, that's what I was saying.

if only they made the Lex IS-F manual....a badass 12 sec lexo?! that thing is HOOOORD.

i might just cop a pre owned IS350

Originally Posted by wj4

^Yep, it sure does. But I want a DD that's automatic, that's what I was saying.
the auto is pretty good with the 3rd gen

now the 2nd gen on the other hand..transmission failures out of @%+
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by presequel

man im so tempted to get the is350

lurkin u have the 350?

also thinkin bout upgraded to the 370z.....just cant decide if i like the car or not. and i feel its overpriced.
Hey if you do go through...Peter Kong at Lexus of Glendale will do you right. He's hooked up a grip of folks on the Lexus boards. In the summer, it was $1,500 below invoice for any IS. And I had the $750 coupon for attending the Lexus driving event. But I didn't come through on the deal.

I had an automatic loaner for a couple of days and man, I missed driving stick in that period of time.
good lookin out. im lookin to see if there are any 08s left i can get a deal on.

im just lookin for a white 350 with navi.

I, for one, don't like American cars at all. But the Challenger is something so serious.
sick.gif
at the gas prices in that vid. $4.xx DF!

we all know half the cars dudes posting aint coppin. ill be lucky to get magnum or a 300C on 22s if i dont move out of texas.

Back
Top Bottom