What is your favorite Pink Floyd album?

animals.jpg

and my second favorite would have to be...

WishYouWereHere.jpg

What's yours? (If it's Dark Side of the Moon, have you actually listened to their other ones? Just curious...)

- Tical.

Dark Side of the Moon, & No...
laugh.gif
("On the Run" is my JAM!)...
smh.gif
@ myself for not getting around to listening to their other stuff...

dark_side_of_the_moon.jpg

(And because you picked two..)

WishYouWereHere.jpg

And yes, all of the studio stuff at least. I've got too many memories set to DSotM to put it anywhere else.

Only 3 people like Pink Floyd? Can we just go ahead and change the name of this forum from "Music" to "Rap"?

- Tical.

I have listened to Dark Side, The Wall, and Wish You Were Here a ridiculous number of times- these are the most obvious Floyd albums.

I also think Animals is very good, with Saucerful of Secrets having some very good tracks as well.

But ultimately, my personal favorite would have to be Meddle- every song is ridiculously good in its own way, and there's a bit of nostalgia for me aswell...

I remember being like 10 years old, sitting in front of my parents' speakers listening to the LP on full blast and being equal parts enthralled and freakedthe f*ck out.

That was a great first experience with Floyd.

in order:

The-Final-Cut.jpg

i'd prolly get slack for this...cuz most Pink Floyd fans don't consider
this as a body of work by Pink Floyd but rather by Roger Waters.
but even though he admitted his voice was filled with tension, imo
it helped in the fruition of how a concept album about war ( or PWD )
came out and the arrangements and sounds are just amazing to me.
not very surprising coming from Pink Floyd, but they perfectly captured
the mood of the concept through lyrics, sarcasm, sounds, everything.

Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

no explanation needed.

WishYouWereHere-300.jpg

DSoTM is amazing. but i've never got lost in sound
with another album compared to this one. love it.

all their albums are epic though. that's what makes a
great timeless musical act, so many of their albums
have different impact on the listeners.

I'm gonna go with the sleeper (I'll be very very impressed if anyone can get the name of this album):

meddle.jpg

Originally Posted by JDB1523

I'm gonna go with the sleeper (I'll be very very impressed if anyone can get the name of this album):

meddle.jpg
Meddle.

One of These Days is so badass and evil.
4ysjapv.gif
4ysjapv.gif
4ysjapv.gif

not a big fan of the album though.
felt the coherence was kinda off balance.
A Pillow of Winds is my favorite from this though.

eek.gif
at this thread. It's good to see some pink floyd fans.

First off I'd like to say that I honestly do not think there is a band that has a greater catalouge of music than pink floyd hands down.

It's so hard to pick a favorite album but I'd have to go with Animals. I do not have words to express how much I love that album. If you haven'theard it PLEASE GO DOWNLOAD IT. Sheep, Dogs, Pigs on a Wig, and Pigs (three different ones). Some of the best pink floyd songs ever.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

It's so hard to pick a favorite album but I'd have to go with Animals. I do not have words to express how much I love that album. If you haven't heard it PLEASE GO DOWNLOAD IT. Sheep, Dogs, Pigs on a Wig, and Pigs (three different ones). Some of the best pink floyd songs ever.
This man knows what he's talking about. I've listened to Animals a countless number of times and everytime I just appreciate it more andmore. Les Claypool covered the whole album LIVE (Live Frogs (set 2)) and it's pretty awesome as well so you might want to check that out.

Meddle is also a very good album that I enjoy, along with Obscured by Clouds which hasn't been mentioned yet.

- Tical.

dark side of the moon>
epic from start to finish..(i kinda dislike the alarm clocks in time because it effs with me when the music is blasted.....)

I'm surprised some people are saying The Wall. Yes, I know it's classically known for Comfortably Numb and a few others which are considered greatsongs, but the album itself to me (including the movie) is garbage...I really can't stand it! Obscurred by Clouds is probably my #2 after Meddle, which Iposted on Page 1. I'm also a huge fan of Division Bell, even if it's minus Roger Waters...

Back
Top Bottom