what kinda job can you get with a _______ degree?

-If you're not involved in politics, you had better start now.
-Consider going to law/grad school.
-If you do neither, I hope you have experience in other fields.

im majoring in pol sci ... then going to law , not much you can do with alota degrees now a days , guess law/grad school it is

Not much

What kinda job can you get with an economics degree?

Damn near any
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by solelifik

im majoring in pol sci ... then going to law , not much you can do with alota degrees now a days , guess law/grad school it is
This is true. In demand degrees don't have as much clout as they did a few years back as more jobs are getting outsourced. There are peoplewith finance degrees struggling to find work right now. Just pad your resume with meaningful internships and jobs as I'm doing. I'm going to be workingon a Senatorial campaign in a few weeks and I'm interviewing for an internship today.

its hard just depending on a poli sci degree (or almost any bachelors degree, for that matter) to get a job. lazy is right was about internships andexperience. ive been at a government relations firm for almost two years and have been applying to others firms around DC and most would probably laugh if theysaw my resume with just a degree and no experience.

Originally Posted by solelifik

gooodluck lazy b did you also major in poly sci ?
Nah. I've taken Poli Sci courses though. My major is what some people would consider worthless. I was going to double major in Econ as wellbut the courses gradually increased in difficulty, so I didn't.

My grades aren't law school worthy so I'm busting my @*#. My current Poli Sci class is taught by the prosecutor of Onondaga County so I'm going totry and earn his respect so that I could get a letter of recommendation if I apply for law/grad school.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

This is true. In demand degrees don't have as much clout as they did a few years back as more jobs are getting outsourced. There are people with finance degrees struggling to find work right now. Just pad your resume with meaningful internships and jobs as I'm doing. I'm going to be working on a Senatorial campaign in a few weeks and I'm interviewing for an internship today.

Exactly!!
And GOODLUCK on that interview!

i have an international studies (focused on poltical economics) degree, it's the same dept as political science and i work as an IT consultant forCoca-Cola. my other friend with the same major is doing paralegal work until he goes to law school.

just remember your degree doesn't limit you.. a good example would be of one girl i know who majored in english-- she works in advertising/graphic arts.

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread. I wouldn't plan on working on in the business or science fields with a political science degree, butyou should be able to compete for any job that involves writing/critical thinking/research. Experience is obviously going to separate yourself from othercandidates but there is no reason why a degree in the humanities or social sciences should be a barrier to success.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

i have an international studies (focused on poltical economics) degree, it's the same dept as political science and i work as an IT consultant for Coca-Cola. my other friend with the same major is doing paralegal work until he goes to law school.

just remember your degree doesn't limit you.. a good example would be of one girl i know who majored in english-- she works in advertising/graphic arts.
How do you work in the IT department? I wanted to do IT until I realized it was going to keep me in undergrad an additional year, which Icouldn't afford to do.

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread

Could you point them out? I think it'd be very helpful.

In today's world you can get almost any job with any degree. It all depends on who you are and how determined you are in finding a job.

Back
Top Bottom