What shoe got you interested in sneakers?

The Air Force 1. 
smokin.gif

Air Force ones got me into sneakers in 5th grade but when I seen the aqua 8s on some ones feet in 9th grade I went crazy I knew I had to have them lol and I've been copping and building my collection since..

First pair of Jays back in 2004.  Loved these.  Saved up my money for them too.  

Easily the Jumpman Pro (eddie Jones) It was around the time the 12's were dropping and all my friends were getting them.... i had J's before but i never really cared for them much.... But once i got those kicks My mom created a monster :smh:

Not so much like most of the people here, but I LOVED these kicks as a kid. My parents couldn't afford Jordan's back in the 90's, but they gave me whatever they could. Damn, I have great parents.

View media item 812708
View media item 812704
I remember my first pair of Jordans and the day I got them. They were the Air Jordan XIV's. My dad got them for me as an early Eid gift. I remember I couldn't decided between the White/black or white/red one's.

Ended up going with these:

View media item 812714
I didn't get another pair of Jordan's until I started working at Footlocker during my senior year of HS. That's when I bought myself sneakers and picked up these first:

View media item 812722

First shoe that broke my neck were the Penny IIs when I was like 7 :lol: The reflective section on the ankle caught my eye and many kids had em...my pops wasn't about to break the bank though.

First shoe that got me into collecting sneakers had to be the AF1. From 2003-2008 those were all I wore.

The OG Nike Air Foamposite One. Growing up in Baltimore, they were extremely popular and I remember when they were called Dope Dealers (I still call em dopes :lol:) because the only ones that could afford them were drug dealers. I wanted the Royals so bad but moms definitely wasn't paying that much for them, not to mention they didn't come in GS sizes.

The first pair I bought was the Coppers or the Eggplants, I can't remember which one I got first. Coincidentally, those two are what brought me to NT in the first place, haven't looked back since :nthat:

'96-'97
View media item 812848
These are one of the first that I bought with my OWN MONEY. I fell in love with those air bubbles on sight.

I did so many yards, etc for that damn shoe :lol:
I remember that Saturday when I got them. Afterwards I couldn't wait to put them on.
Said f it & wore them down the street to the corner store, walking so cool (looking at my feet in every storefront window) but trying not to get any dirt on the white parts :lol:

'96-'97

These are one of the first that I bought with my OWN MONEY. I fell in love with those air bubbles on sight.

I did so many yards, etc for that damn shoe
laugh.gif

I remember that Saturday when I got them. Afterwards I couldn't wait to put them on.
Said f it & wore them down the street to the corner store, walking so cool (looking at my feet in every storefront window) but trying not to get any dirt on the white parts
laugh.gif
These were the ones that started it for me too! So appreciated! 
pimp.gif

Oh snap. Forgot about the Dunkles and how crazy people were going for those.

Like when the Espo Air Force 2's dropped, that was like Yeezys level hype. Around the same time as the N.E.R.D. dunks.

Remember when the Fantastic Four pack dropped? Hose Invisible a Woman AF1's changed the fake AF1 game FOREVER. It's like those bootleggers saw those and were immediately like "these will go platinum in the south."

I remember when people used to step their sock game up just for espos and those invisible womans. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Oh snap. Forgot about the Dunkles and how crazy people were going for those.

Like when the Espo Air Force 2's dropped, that was like Yeezys level hype. Around the same time as the N.E.R.D. dunks.

Remember when the Fantastic Four pack dropped? Hose Invisible a Woman AF1's changed the fake AF1 game FOREVER. It's like those bootleggers saw those and were immediately like "these will go platinum in the south."

:wow: :lol: you just reminded me I think I still have a pair of Espos and Invisible Womans in storage.

:rofl: @ platinum in the south

being a sports fan seeing all the dope sneakers MJ, Deion, Kemp, Penny, Barkley and Griffey wore...

I liked the white/red 8's, but 1st pair of sneakers I really remember asking for were the OG Columbia 11's.

Back
Top Bottom