What shoe got you interested in sneakers?

At first it was all about air force 1's.

Then I begged and begged my mom for some Air Jordan XIX Lows In black/cement.

She it me with a :stoneface: and I walked out w/ K-Swiss :lol:

Couple years later I was finally old enough to get a job and bought the Mars IV's. I also learned about NikeTalk back in 06 when trying to figure out how release dates worked.

Years later i was able to get an ebay steal on those XIX lows because I realized I'm one of the few people on the planet that actually like them :lol:
View media item 246931

1.jpg

This is probably the 1st pair of shoes i remember getting that I truly actually wanted and got for xmas...

After this it just became an obsession i couldnt afford.
my parents eventually gave in and started buying me the shoes i wanted.
+1

likewise

I got into sneakers maybe my sophmore year of HS (05/06) so I was about 15 maybe. Nike SB's is what really got me into kicks and the whole exclusive thing. Not many people knew about SB's and this is when SB's really started to talk off. My first pair were Send Help's, which I still have, it was a snowball effect after that.

I did have the white/black XIII's when I was a kid, but I gotta give it up to SB's for giving me this hobby.

Damn, tthem BKs took me back. Remember in 3rd grade they got banned at school

Dat gang life was real. BKs, Georgetown Hoyas, Raiders, Kings, Bulls, amongst other things were against dress code. Once I moved away tho, my new school wasn't up on game; to my surprise.

Where you from?

My mom always had me laced, but it was usually just with whatever I saw in the store and liked that was under $100. Always had tons of Team Jordans, Air Forces, Shox, etc.

But it was either in '06 when my one of my older cousins started hustling and copped these (and the Fire Red V's):

air-jordan-5-v-retro-wmns-silver-shy-pink-stealth-1.jpg

(Still want them)

Or in '07 (7th grade) when one of my close friends was strolling into school wearing pairs he was sneaking from one of his cousins. I fell in love with the Aqua VIII's because another friend had them, and I saw people around my school in Spiz'ikes and Fire Red III's and liked them, but this dude was out here rocking:

airjordanivoreo_381279.jpg

(My most desired shoe of all time)

Along with 2000 Laney V's, White Cement IV's, Olympic VII's, Cardinal VII's, and some other wild ****

Son had me looking down with the :x face on a daily basis. Spent weeks learning everything from the numbers of Jordan's, to the colorways, to how to tell real pairs from fakes, etc. Eventually joined the other side because the yuku in this site's name and the Chinese writing on some shoes' sample tags had me thinking it was an Asian sneaker forum. I started copping pairs in '07, and realized that this site was the place to be in '08. The rest is history.

Last edited:
A lot of great stories in here, and I've only finished the first page.
For me, it was the De La Soul's, Metallic V's (2007 retro), and the Aqua VIII's.
http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/A.../de-la-soul-nike-sb-dunk_zpse881b42c.jpg.html
http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/A...metallic-silver-fire-red_zps67fd3ed5.jpg.html
http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/Anthonys_Pictures/media/2013-aj-releases-6_zps897c9861.jpg.html
All 3 of which I remember seeing during my 10th grade year of HS and really wanting the Playoff VIII's when they retro'd in the Christmas of 2007.
I finally got the De La Soul's and Aqua's all these years later, but I still don't have a pair of Metallic's |I

Anything this guy touched was like gold to me :nthat:

View media item 812630
View media item 812618
View media item 812619
View media item 812617

View media item 594378

I had always liked shoes, but the original Nike Presto line really get me into shoes too... There were so many different colorways, each with nickname represented by a unique character. It was the kind of thing that could really bring out the OCD completest in a person :lol:. Its also interesting to think that these were marketed as a unisex shoe sold in S,M,L,etc Tee shirt sizing. I dont think anyone has done that before or since then. Looking back, I dont think people realized how ahead of its time this advertising campaign was.

View media item 812651

Word for word right there. The Prestos started it. Every damn commercial that came out, I had to have the next one. It was when I first started working too, so damn near every weekend I had another pair in a Medium. The Trouble at Homes are my number 1. I still have them too(along with 3 other pairs on the table in that pic), and if anyone has a pair in Medium please hit me up. Serious.

For my Presto lovers:

Last edited:
11/12 years old. Hit my first Nike Outlet while at the beach with the fam a week before UNC basketball camp.  Vince Carter was my favorite player.  Saw these shoes and absolutely fell in love. 
nthat.gif
  Been a sneakerhead ever since

Black/Red XI in 2001. I remember they sold out in stores but sat at Niketown.com for a few days.

My first pair was OG taxis. Loved em but didn't get me hooked like the XIs.
first pair of shoes i bought with my own money

ordered from eastbay online, MONTHS after release date

actually wanted the black/white pair, but they didnt have my size, so i "settled" for the black/red pair lol still have em to this day and theyre A1, the air is so plus, im walkin on clouds when i wear these

AF1s in general, the GOAT shoe for me.
Nike Air Force 180 in the Black/Red CW
Batman Bapestas, mostly cause bapes were loud and resembled the AF1.

Some of you guys are really really young :lol:

For real!
Alot of "Johnny come lately's".

First shoes that really stood out to me, and had me begging my pops were AJ Royal Blue 1's. The 1's just stood out, like no other shoe at that time. Wasn't even an MJ fan, Lakers4Life. Then about a year later when the converse weapon dropped in the Magic colorway, and Magic was doing his thing, it was GAME OVER. Been on this sneaker thing ever since. Just wish I would have had the foresight to keep pairs around. Didn't start "hoarding" til about '97. SMH.

For real!
Alot of "Johnny come lately's".

First shoes that really stood out to me, and had me begging my pops were AJ Royal Blue 1's. The 1's just stood out, like no other shoe at that time. Wasn't even an MJ fan, Lakers4Life. Then about a year later when the converse weapon dropped in the Magic colorway, and Magic was doing his thing, it was GAME OVER. Been on this sneaker thing ever since. Just wish I would have had the foresight to keep pairs around. Didn't start "hoarding" til about '97. SMH.
You in your early or late 40's?

Back
Top Bottom