What was the consensus on te XX2?

hey, making those basketball leather xx2's took...BALLS!

yea i know, a lame pun, but i couldn't resist

Originally Posted by clkru

anything JB since the OG 14 has been trash and/or gimmicky. But then, I'm biased toward performance and hellbent on function over fashion...

i dont understand this at all. the 21-23 are definitely great performance wise. I personally think they all look pretty good but thats opinion, but to sayyou dont like them AND you are biased towards performance over fashion makes NO sense to me at all.
as for my opinion i think Billy speaks the truth, theoriginal 2 colors were pretty nice, i personally really liked both low versions as well (the white lows are the only one i actually bought) but the PEs werenot so good.

Hype wise it definitely wasn't there wasn't too much fanfare. But like others I thought the performance side of the shoe was pretty good. But comparedto the 23s the hype is nowhere near it.

Originally Posted by WiiDZerO

Originally Posted by 3thaman

This is the 6th straight year of pure trash from JB the 22's were the 5th.

if the 22s were the 5th you're trying to say the 23's are trash, and if you are you're plain crazy. also, 6th? wouldnt that mean you'd be calling the 17s trash too? PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong because that would be a pretty bold statement on your part if you don't.
Take off your shoes and use your toes if you have too and follow along. 18,19,20,21,22 and for the 6th year running the 23's. Yes I'm crazy asa loon because the 23's look like something designed by a colorblind crackhead.

I bought mine recently on clearance white for 14,black for 28, to ball in and really wasn't to impressed.of course i have been playing in the bron V somaybe i am a little scued in my view. the traction is good though. can't complain for 43 dollars

although NT hates on the XX2 like there's no tomorrow
eyes.gif
they were str8 fire. like hoyle said they were built exceptionally well and performance wasincredible. imho, these are the most comfortable jay's i have ever put my feet into, but with the AIR pods in (with the exception of maybe the black/blueXVIII).

style-wise, i also love this shoe. it is simple, sleek and stealth looking. this supports the "less is more" theory. the 1st two colorways arecertified classics.

the basketball leathers, omegas, and especially all the PE's were def. a waste that i could've certainly done without.

i happen to be one of the very few that place the XX2, as far as looks, performance, comfort; in my top ten jays all time. maybe even top five.

pimp.gif

btw, i copped the white XX2 a month or 2 after RD. it took some time for them to grow on me. but once i got them i was def. not disappointed.
i then copped 2 pairs of the black/red XX2 on RD. come to find out that wasn't necessary, but to this day i have no regrets.
glasses.gif

My black/red left XX2 sole started to peel off badly at the toe after only 5 2-hour hoop sessions. I was livid.

Plus, I never got used to the poorly placed heel pod thing, and found the shoe to be poorly ventilated.

Outside of these setbacks, the XX2 rules I guess...

Personally, my $40 Nike Air Max Enforcers (picked up at the Nordstrom Rack) trump the AJ XX2.

I had them for 2 months played ball in them in a gym and the sole of the shoe started peeling off. sent them into nike and got $175 credit. I would say theywerent bad comfort wise the changeable heel was weird at first and very stiff style wise they are straight. but i got the Melo 4's instead and they are50x's better for basketball IMO

the very first pair (white) and the all black pair were HOT. the rest which include the basketball ones, the regional ones, the lows, the ones with the stupidpictures on them, and the pe's were straight trash. if jb would have made more colors with the basic design, they would have been more popular

I thought they did this shoe an injustice w/ the City Series XX2 PE though. Wasn't remotely feelin that.
On point as usual Mr. DePaula. The City Series was not needed for the XX2 series. Cheap lookin' colorway.

one of the nicest shoes ever.

I loved playing ball in them, and I still have a fresh white pair

I took the lace locks off though, I hated that thing

the pods are horrible... the titanium shank was a hustle.... the shoe was shaped like??? the clear sole was wal-mart and the serial number idea was a joke.

lots of suicidal colorways too...

6/10

I still rock my blk/red XX2's with pride. So comfy and nice. I need to get a few more pairs.

Back
Top Bottom