What will it take for JB to bring you back: vol. 1st Gen.

Originally Posted by Mr718

OG Infrareds has 3m on the side, retros (that everyone praises) didnt. OG Breads had a white trim around the patent, the retros didn't. OG Columbias had a blue sole, the retros were clear. We can go on and on. At the end of the day, retros are gonna differ. Hate them for making that decision but that's the only reason Jays are considered "collectibles".
The retro Infrared 6's were good quality, and had Nike Air (Not sure if that mattered back then)
I assume you're speaking of Original Black/Red 11's, The OG's had superb quality, So did the retros, that's why they didn't complain.

Originally Posted by Mr718

OG Infrareds has 3m on the side, retros (that everyone praises) didnt. OG Breads had a white trim around the patent, the retros didn't. OG Columbias had a blue sole, the retros were clear. We can go on and on. At the end of the day, retros are gonna differ. Hate them for making that decision but that's the only reason Jays are considered "collectibles".
The retro Infrared 6's were good quality, and had Nike Air (Not sure if that mattered back then)
I assume you're speaking of Original Black/Red 11's, The OG's had superb quality, So did the retros, that's why they didn't complain.

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

Nothing.  The landscape for Jordan's has forever changed.  It's not about retros, better quality or the things that. 

It's just our perception has grown 'old' and we understand now that it's a business. 

I used to love Jordan's so much when Slam was the only source about finding what the newest kicks were.  The internet has changed that forever, and Slam has gone south ever since.  The excitement is different. 

It's a very short-lived; hypebeast type of happiness and what I mean is the excitement to having your online order go through for OG retros (XIII white/red, Playoffs etc.) up until they arrive at your door.  But lest we forget we can order MULTIPLES of a shoe now, that in which kills the joy of 'earning' approval from parents to buy them at the store.  Yes, those were the times. 

I'm at a point where anything can be attainable, Nike can give you Jordan's for your cash.  And if you don't want to pay extra just go line up (see the DB III release)
I Still see no Joy in that at all

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

Nothing.  The landscape for Jordan's has forever changed.  It's not about retros, better quality or the things that. 

It's just our perception has grown 'old' and we understand now that it's a business. 

I used to love Jordan's so much when Slam was the only source about finding what the newest kicks were.  The internet has changed that forever, and Slam has gone south ever since.  The excitement is different. 

It's a very short-lived; hypebeast type of happiness and what I mean is the excitement to having your online order go through for OG retros (XIII white/red, Playoffs etc.) up until they arrive at your door.  But lest we forget we can order MULTIPLES of a shoe now, that in which kills the joy of 'earning' approval from parents to buy them at the store.  Yes, those were the times. 

I'm at a point where anything can be attainable, Nike can give you Jordan's for your cash.  And if you don't want to pay extra just go line up (see the DB III release)
I Still see no Joy in that at all

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by Anomaly

2. Put the Nike AIR back on the appropriate retros.  I have a pretty good idea why MJ puts the Jumpman on the back of the retros, and it revolves around his immense ego.  

jordan became an actual brand under nike in 1997, thus the reason to remove nike from a jordan shoe...same reason chuck taylor's don't have a nike logo even though they are a nike brand now

Also, there's a pretty big rivalry between JB and Nike BBall out in Beaverton. They don't wanna give Nike any shine whatsoever if they don't need to.

1.  JB continues to shell out numerous colorways of the AJ1.  What does the AJ1 have on it, A Huge Swoosh on both sides of each shoe.
2.  JB also continues to use Nike Air Cushioning in all of there shoes.

JB is Nike.  

I dont know the reason for not using Nike Air on the III-VI, but I know its not because they are a separate company. If that were the case Nike wouldnt have been on the most recent OG Colorway II's.

I just think JB is waiting to Unleash Nike Air again.  They want to Rerelease most of those OG Colorways with a jumpman. So everyone will buy them.  Then they will re re release Every single one of them with Nike Air and everyone will buy again.

They only way to bring me back to JB is Quality on OG Colorways and Nike Air on the III-VI.  What pisses me off is they use this Gimmick BIN PREMIO %+$%**+@, and use quality Quality Leather on them, but release OG colorway retros with Payless Type Pleather.  Its sucks walking into a Footlocker and grabbing the Powder Blue IX's and feeling how cheap they are.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by Anomaly

2. Put the Nike AIR back on the appropriate retros.  I have a pretty good idea why MJ puts the Jumpman on the back of the retros, and it revolves around his immense ego.  

jordan became an actual brand under nike in 1997, thus the reason to remove nike from a jordan shoe...same reason chuck taylor's don't have a nike logo even though they are a nike brand now

Also, there's a pretty big rivalry between JB and Nike BBall out in Beaverton. They don't wanna give Nike any shine whatsoever if they don't need to.

1.  JB continues to shell out numerous colorways of the AJ1.  What does the AJ1 have on it, A Huge Swoosh on both sides of each shoe.
2.  JB also continues to use Nike Air Cushioning in all of there shoes.

JB is Nike.  

I dont know the reason for not using Nike Air on the III-VI, but I know its not because they are a separate company. If that were the case Nike wouldnt have been on the most recent OG Colorway II's.

I just think JB is waiting to Unleash Nike Air again.  They want to Rerelease most of those OG Colorways with a jumpman. So everyone will buy them.  Then they will re re release Every single one of them with Nike Air and everyone will buy again.

They only way to bring me back to JB is Quality on OG Colorways and Nike Air on the III-VI.  What pisses me off is they use this Gimmick BIN PREMIO %+$%**+@, and use quality Quality Leather on them, but release OG colorway retros with Payless Type Pleather.  Its sucks walking into a Footlocker and grabbing the Powder Blue IX's and feeling how cheap they are.

Wow....cool to see some old names in here.  I haven't really been on NT in about two years but had some time at work today and figured I'd take a peek.

I'll answer the question this way:

- I want Duplicates of the OG sneakers....in terms of materials and Nike Air, etc.
- I want them to be widely available (not getting them just cause I'm not willing to wait on lines is so karamo).

Pretty simple. 

Its like I said in the past when I was on here regularly.  All they need to do is start with the Air Jordan I and every month release another pair until you get to XX3.  Follow this cycle forever and every two years they are starting at the Air Jordan I again.  If you miss it that year, no big deal, it will be back in two years.  All the rest of the crap can go in the garbage and they'd probably be just as, if not more, profitable.

So crazy that I haven't even CONSIDERED buying a pair of Jordans since the XX3 came out.  Those packs they did had to be some of the worst quality crap I ever saw.

Wow....cool to see some old names in here.  I haven't really been on NT in about two years but had some time at work today and figured I'd take a peek.

I'll answer the question this way:

- I want Duplicates of the OG sneakers....in terms of materials and Nike Air, etc.
- I want them to be widely available (not getting them just cause I'm not willing to wait on lines is so karamo).

Pretty simple. 

Its like I said in the past when I was on here regularly.  All they need to do is start with the Air Jordan I and every month release another pair until you get to XX3.  Follow this cycle forever and every two years they are starting at the Air Jordan I again.  If you miss it that year, no big deal, it will be back in two years.  All the rest of the crap can go in the garbage and they'd probably be just as, if not more, profitable.

So crazy that I haven't even CONSIDERED buying a pair of Jordans since the XX3 came out.  Those packs they did had to be some of the worst quality crap I ever saw.

Theyre not making shoes for us old heads anymore, there are way more hyped up younguns buying jrdans, so thats who they focus on

end thread

Theyre not making shoes for us old heads anymore, there are way more hyped up younguns buying jrdans, so thats who they focus on

end thread

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

I can do it in less words. Not all sneakers appeal to all people. JB comes out with crap and SOMEONE will buy it, SOMEONE will hate it. Buy what you like and you'll never get disappointed. At least thats what I do. I never left JB. Because of that very simple way of looking at it.
smokin.gif

This. I think the problem is a lot of y'all still think of JB as Nikes elite/high end brand, when in reality they're not any more. They are their own brand now, just like Nike, Adidas, Asics etc. I don't get how y'all can say things like they're over saturating the market, they need to just stick to retros and stuff like that.  Go to Footlocker.com Nike has over 200 RUNNING shoes available for purchase. JB couldn't remain a billon $ business just selling retros. Do I like all the stuff jb's putting out? No but i just ignore the true flights, rare airs and things of that nature and focus on the stuff i like. My only problem with JB is that they lower the quality but raise the price. That's just a slap in the face. If your gonna tack $50 on to the price tag at least  keep the quality the same. that's just plain greedy. 

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

I can do it in less words. Not all sneakers appeal to all people. JB comes out with crap and SOMEONE will buy it, SOMEONE will hate it. Buy what you like and you'll never get disappointed. At least thats what I do. I never left JB. Because of that very simple way of looking at it.
smokin.gif

This. I think the problem is a lot of y'all still think of JB as Nikes elite/high end brand, when in reality they're not any more. They are their own brand now, just like Nike, Adidas, Asics etc. I don't get how y'all can say things like they're over saturating the market, they need to just stick to retros and stuff like that.  Go to Footlocker.com Nike has over 200 RUNNING shoes available for purchase. JB couldn't remain a billon $ business just selling retros. Do I like all the stuff jb's putting out? No but i just ignore the true flights, rare airs and things of that nature and focus on the stuff i like. My only problem with JB is that they lower the quality but raise the price. That's just a slap in the face. If your gonna tack $50 on to the price tag at least  keep the quality the same. that's just plain greedy. 

Back
Top Bottom