What year did you really start using the internet and when did you think was the prime?

'95

Booked an internet PC at the library and looked at the browser for a minute, thinking wtf is this ****.
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Reddit killed so many indie forums and message boards, it was better decentralized. Plus too many racists on reddit

Iono Reddit is pretty amazing. The humor is not really my speed but if you wanna learn almost anything, have any hobbies, or need feedback on almost anything Reddit is perfect.
I’d take Reddit over any of those social media platforms

1995 i had netscape navigator... my parents didnt want to spend the money on AOL so we eventually got it a year later... but i was living in those yahoo chat rooms... thats where i started talking to folks before aim and before aol chatrooms...

Last edited:
Reddit killed so many indie forums and message boards, it was better decentralized. Plus too many racists on reddit
Cause there isn’t a lot of racists everywhere else…?

Nothing is perfect. For my specific uses it’s been great.
photography and cooking mainly

Really they shouldn't have made the internet accessible to everyone, thats pretty much when the internet wasnt fun anymore once they developed mobile and everyone got on with smartphones. Back when you had to actually log in on your computer it was a lot better

12-14. All the sites we use were up and you could still teach people how to make crack in a microwave on twitter

I remember Collegeclub, Myspace, Napster, and the inception of Facebook (Registration was initially restricted to Harvard students only.) Circa 2004. Then it expanded to other college campuses.

Really they shouldn't have made the internet accessible to everyone, thats pretty much when the internet wasnt fun anymore once they developed mobile and everyone got on with smartphones. Back when you had to actually log in on your computer it was a lot better

1. Why do you feel everyone shouldn't have been given the internet?

2. So who should've been allowed to access the internet?

I started messing around with games in the windows 95 era. Had Netscape navigator. In 2000-2002 I got heavy into that website jaggex with RuneScape. Stickdeath was poppin. Limewire was poppin. Kicksology was the start of my sneaker addiction.

Graduated HS in 04’ then didn’t really use the internet for a few years because I lived on my own at that point and was a broke college student. I mean I played halo online but that was about it. Then my moms got me a nice laptop for Christmas in 06’. I quickly discovered NT and here we are……..

1. Why do you feel everyone shouldn't have been given the internet?

2. So who should've been allowed to access the internet?
1) All the clout chasing culture etc. on social media that started in the 2010s all began after all the ppl that weren't early on the internet, it was after the internet was gentrified

2) People that were on it before big tech came in and gentrified it

Back
Top Bottom