whats a good flat screen tv?

whats a good company? im looking for a flat screen LCD...about a 32 inch for my bedroom. anyone have any feedback? thanks!

i know bestbuy has a sale on LG 32 inch for 799 i believe. but when i compare it to the other tvs, most look as clear as the next. whats a good company and agood buy?

A lot of people like Samsungs. I have 2 Sony's, and they're awesome for me, so I'd recommend a Sony.

Samsung is the best imo and is highly recommended by alot but if you can afford it get a Sony (just for the name I guess).

LTpr01.jpg

i purchased a 37 inch 1080i vizio on saturday for $759+tax. it functions properly and looks amazing.

i have a samsung a sony and another samsung ... sony has the best picture, but samsung is more reliable for me ... every time i switch outputs with my sony ittakes a few seconds and i always fear that its gonna like burn up my fios tv or ps3 ... ive already had to replace one dvr box from verizon but i have yet toknow if it was a direct result of my sony or not

I always stick with Sony, I've never had any problems with any Sony TV... I don't own a flat screen yet but I'm in the market...I've beenlooking at a couple of 32"-40" Sony Bravias...the one with the glass going along the sides is crazy
eek.gif
eek.gif

I seen a couple of 32" going for like $750 around Circuit City and even Target...

Originally Posted by guesshooiem

i know bestbuy has a sale on LG 32 inch for 799 i believe. but when i compare it to the other tvs, most look as clear as the next. whats a good company and a good buy?
yes thats the one i got 1yr ago. very solid tv wit loud sound.

Samsung lnt-4665 1080p LCD

best tv for the buck.

15,000:1 contrast ratio. See if any other TV under 2 g's is !%$%+!$ with that.

I always stick with Sony, I've never had any problems with any Sony TV... I don't own a flat screen yet but I'm in the market...I've been looking at a couple of 32"-40" Sony Bravias...the one with the glass going along the sides is crazy

I seen a couple of 32" going for like $750 around Circuit City and even Target...
i just invested in a 46" bravia ... its gorgeous

You may also want to check out Sharp Aquos as they make some great LCDs as well. I caught a deal on QVC Sunday nite for a 42". I'm waiting for them toget in stock. Hopefully they will get it in after we move to our new home next month.

The basic rule is this...UNDER 50" go LCD 50" and over go PLASMA.

Since you are looking for smaller in your bedroom TV...you do not have to go super high end. I actually would recommend the VIZIO as well. SUPER CHEAP in thatsize and you have nothing to lose. How long you plan on keeping it? 3-5 years easy. People now a days do not fix their TVs. They just replace them. Back inthe days of picture tubes a tv should last 10 years.

So seriously save your money, get a nice basic one and if you have HD cable or satellite just make sure the screen has 1080i NATIVE resolution. Which I thinkall newer sets have.

about every other week a post like this comes up ...which lcd to buy?...which flat screen to buy?...and everytime we get the same two answers: Samsung or Sony.So take your pick, heads-Samsung, tails-Sony.

Originally Posted by RasMekPeace

about every other week a post like this comes up ...which lcd to buy?...which flat screen to buy?...and everytime we get the same two answers: Samsung or Sony. So take your pick, heads-Samsung, tails-Sony.

I guess I am new here.....but that is totally wrong. SONY ONLY MAKES LCDs. which are good in smaller sizes. Samsung and LG are known for Plasma.

If you really want to know the shizzle...the best out there right now this second. Is the PIONEER 2nd Gen KUROS. Supposed the be THEE BEST period. Best large format Plasma on the market.

Originally Posted by RasMekPeace

about every other week a post like this comes up ...which lcd to buy?...which flat screen to buy?...and everytime we get the same two answers: Samsung or Sony. So take your pick, heads-Samsung, tails-Sony.

Forgetting about Sharp?
smile.gif
I picked up a 42" Sharp Aquos D64 series (slimline) and I love it. Sure it helped that I got it for 50% off through theGoogle employee discount program but I think I would have paid full price for this set. By no means is this a "top of the line" set but itsdefinitely good bang for your buck.

For anyone that has the XBR4 have you experienced any issue with banding? I heard it was a problem with the XBR4's but don't know anyone who hasone and has experienced it first hand. Its about time I retire my 53" Samsung in the living room and I was looking into getting this Sony assuming therearent a whole buncha issues with it.

OP what kind of budget are you working with? Asking a blanket statement like "whats a good tv" is equivalent to asking "whats good toeat". Give some price ranges and specs you are looking for and I'm sure people can help point you in the right direction.

i have no idea if this is true or not. but a guy on nt who used to work for vizio said they are only made to last two years.

Back
Top Bottom