What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

I apologize if this is a repeat.  I've searched the thread a bit to try and find some answers.

I just played in a fresh pair of the Jordan dri fit high quarters yesterday.  My foot was sliding around quite a bit from the get go.  I thought maybe it was the smoothness of the material since they were brand new.

My question is this, will this problem go away if I wash them once or twice?

Sounds like a problem. I ordered some court purple/lime green high quarter Jordan's to go with my bel air 28 SE but they arrived lime and royal blue so I haven't tried them out yet. Huge pain trying to get them replaced by Nike. They claim this is the correct color and it's simply acceptable color variation. Here's a pick of them with my 2009 air max in royal blue showing they're clearly the wrong color.

Not into the Elite Crews but thought you guys might enjoy these new images & vids featuring James Harden and Nneka Ogwumike....

^curious to know how much that ankle padding helps.  Has anyone had experience using socks with similar ankle padding?

Just started hoopin in the bron XI and got one small blister under one of my ankle bones.  Maybe I just need to pay more attention when lacing up, but wondering if the socks would help

^curious to know how much that ankle padding helps.  Has anyone had experience using socks with similar ankle padding?

Just started hoopin in the bron XI and got one small blister under one of my ankle bones.  Maybe I just need to pay more attention when lacing up, but wondering if the socks would help
not much for a blister......you going have either double sock it or put gauze and a thick stretch band-aid over it and wear socks over that .

not much for a blister......you going have either double sock it or put gauze and a thick stretch band-aid over it and wear socks over that .
Thanks for the response.  I have double-socked in the past and may have to go back to that.  Don't know why I stopped really, maybe for a little more court feel.

Gauze or thick band-aid isn't a bad idea either.

Thanks for the response.  I have double-socked in the past and may have to go back to that.  Don't know why I stopped really, maybe for a little more court feel.

Gauze or thick band-aid isn't a bad idea either.
no worries. assuming you were wearing crew socks when you got that blister. if you were wearing low cuts..it might be the low cut and switching to a crew may solve the problem.but in the meantime..i would do the band-aid thing until your blister heals. that blister gonna leak when you play

no worries. assuming you were wearing crew socks when you got that blister. if you were wearing low cuts..it might be the low cut and switching to a crew may solve the problem.but in the meantime..i would do the band-aid thing until your blister heals. that blister gonna leak when you play
Yep, was wearing regular cotton Nike crews.  I like nba socks and may go back to using those regularly.

The blister was just weird because it was only on one of my ankles and I had absolutely no problems/pains anywhere else.  I guess this just happens.  Could have been how I laced that shoe at the top or they just need to break in a bit.

just by looking at them, the ankle padding on hyper elites won't help too much. looks fairly thin.

if you're looking for ankle padding, you might want to check out vapors. just bought a pair and balled last night, they were great. i dig them a bit more than my regular elites and the ankle padding is :smokin.

Last edited:
just by looking at them, the ankle padding on hyper elites won't help too much. looks fairly thin.

if you're looking for ankle padding, you might want to check out vapors. just bought a pair and balled last night, they were great. i dig them a bit more than my regular elites and the ankle padding is
smokin.gif
Word.  Appreciate the input, I may just give them a shot

1 time deal.
wouldn't make sense to allow a code to be used over and over knowing it doesn't have a minimum amount to spend.

Damn $20 - I love elite socks but that is ridiculous. Luckily there is a Nike store near me so every few weeks I can cop a pair of socks for $5 off with the store survey which made a final price of like $10 palatable but I can't see myself ever paying as much as their asking. The margins on these socks have to be incredible for Nike.

Back
Top Bottom