What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Can someone school me on Platinum Elite socks?

Grey elite socks that Nike did for the Platinum NCAA collection it did for the top programs. Slight different design then regular elites.

4 different CW

Grey/Blue - Kentucky, Duke

Grey/Challenge Red - Ohio State

Grey/Orange - Syracuse

Grey/Yellow - ??

Grey elite socks that Nike did for the Platinum NCAA collection it did for the top programs. Slight different design then regular elites.

4 different CW

Grey/Orange - Syracuse

Grey/Yellow - ??

Proto- still gotta check on the xtra grey/yellow I may have- sorry I forgot.

The grey/yellow pair was for the Baylor women I believe. platinum elites some of my favorites for sure.

4 different CW

Grey/Orange - Syracuse

Grey/Yellow - ??
REPPED...

Thank you!

theyre perfect i love how thin they are not always looking for a thick cushioned performance sock these are a nice alternative with good colors and style
@Stork

word. re-upped on a few pairs + huf plantlife's, victim of the trend..:smh:

Still haven't seen the elite high quarters in store anywhere in DC/NOVA. Very disappointing because I prefer the high quarter height.
only went to one HOH store this morning and found them with 5 colors: blk/white, blue, mango, grey, volt

i ordered mine online too, but i had an extra $10 off from reward so for 6 i came home with the grey pair.

i used my 20 on purchase of two online, both black pairs.

comparing them to my quarter socks: lebron/kobe elite cuts, i think the original elite quarter and NBA(was favorite) 

finally found a good pair of quarter cut socks to switch between with my NBA socks. i compared it on my current playing kick: the kobe 9 and also xx8 not pictured. may be my favorite due to it going to be alot easier to find than the older elites. those procombat "padding" feels great. will update if it break down quick.

check out your local store adn FTL and EB to order online adn use those reward coupon to save yourself 10 a pair.

if it mattters, im a 10.5 in the kobe and many other shoes so i got the size L in these new quarter cuts, i would wear a M in the older high cut elites.

Nice - I got these Jordan high quarters with a $5 customer survey reward at the Nike Gtown store to wear with my kobe 9s and they're decent but they feel wet as **** after like an hour of pickup. Other than that the padding and cushioning seems decent.

Might have to order some of these new quarter elites online if I can find free shipping and any sort of discount. For some reason it just feels dead wrong to spend more than $10 on a single pair of socks.

Nice - I got these Jordan high quarters with a $5 customer survey reward at the Nike Gtown store to wear with my kobe 9s and they're decent but they feel wet as **** after like an hour of pickup. Other than that the padding and cushioning seems decent.

Might have to order some of these new quarter elites online if I can find free shipping and any sort of discount. For some reason it just feels dead wrong to spend more than $10 on a single pair of socks.
right now, footlocker shipped my $6 socks for free, so if you have the coupon/reward card there,  give it a shot

NBA socks are the most comfortable socks out there... IMO.
Though I haven't tried many brands/styles of socks, I have to agree here.

I've grown to like Nike elites lately in some of my ball shoes, but the NBAs are still my go to, hands down.

Any owners of both care to provide a brief performance review between Nike Elite vs NBA socks?   

Any owners of both care to provide a brief performance review between Nike Elite vs NBA socks?   
I don't think I'm the best to make the assessment, but having used both, here are my thoughts on each:

Elites (62% polyester/21% nylon/15% cotton/2% spandex)

-better compression, especially at midfoot and around the ankle giving them a great fit

-Left and right specific cushioning is nice -- they are cushioned in just the right areas

-moisture wicking properties are nice, but don't work best for all shoes IMO -- it really depends on the shoe, but I've had some slipping/sliding issues with poorly ventilated shoes while wearing elites

NBA (58% cotton/32% acrylic/10% spandex)

-Uniform thickness, which IMO is nice to have padding all over for some of the more minimal fitting shoes out there (i.e. the kobe 8, kd VI)

-They aren't meant to wick as much moisture away as elites (at least I don't think) and I've had less or zero issues with my feet sliding around in my shoes

-Compression and fit are both good, but that's where the elites excel

That's about all I've got.  In the end, they're both great, but I prefer the nba for some shoes and the elites for others

NBA socks are the most comfortable socks out there... IMO.
Though I haven't tried many brands/styles of socks, I have to agree here.

I've grown to like Nike elites lately in some of my ball shoes, but the NBAs are still my go to, hands down.
cool, now i feel a little more confident in my purchase

just picked up two pair of red nba crews (like literally just got home from the mall), going to test em out tonight

just picked up two pair of red nba crews (like literally just got home from the mall), going to test em out tonight

How did they workout? Lately I've been having some slippage due to the fuse preventing ventilation in my Kobe 9s.

How did they workout? Lately I've been having some slippage due to the fuse preventing ventilation in my Kobe 9s.
i hooped in my dunkman lebron 11s, and i must say, it was a perfect combo

after hooping in elites and some jordan socks for so long, the nba socks felt really frail in comparison (theyre lighter and less dense), but the cushioning on them is abundant (which is a big deal for me), i didnt experience any internal slippage, but i could see how one would, the cotton is definitely very elastic so i could definitely see someone sliding around in their shoe if they played in the kobe 8s or 9s

although i do like the compression of elites, i wont be buying anymore unless they are considerably discounted, im going to be gettin nba socks from here on out as they have enough squeeze so the sock doesnt twist while im playing, and that all around cushioning is heaven on my feet

I haven't balled in them personally, but I posted a pic a couple pages back of my college teams point guard who wears them during games.

I just liked the design, they're probably comparable to the basic high quarter sock that nike sells in 6 packs, but in more colors + I like the text going down.

Back
Top Bottom