What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Saw that these AP Elites (Hyperelites)
were passed out at release event in OKC by KD and some Nike Reps. Anyone know how much they are going for and where to find some

Saw that these AP Elites (Hyperelites)
were passed out at release event in OKC by KD and some Nike Reps. Anyone know how much they are going for and where to find some

I heard there were only a bit more than a handful of them handed out...Not sure there is anywhere to find them considering they even say "promo use only".

But I assume you might find a couple pairs pop up on the bay.

Last edited:

I don't think I'm the best to make the assessment, but having used both, here are my thoughts on each:

Elites (62% polyester/21% nylon/15% cotton/2% spandex)

-better compression, especially at midfoot and around the ankle giving them a great fit

-Left and right specific cushioning is nice -- they are cushioned in just the right areas

-moisture wicking properties are nice, but don't work best for all shoes IMO -- it really depends on the shoe, but I've had some slipping/sliding issues with poorly ventilated shoes while wearing elites

NBA (58% cotton/32% acrylic/10% spandex)

-Uniform thickness, which IMO is nice to have padding all over for some of the more minimal fitting shoes out there (i.e. the kobe 8, kd VI)

-They aren't meant to wick as much moisture away as elites (at least I don't think) and I've had less or zero issues with my feet sliding around in my shoes

-Compression and fit are both good, but that's where the elites excel

That's about all I've got.  In the end, they're both great, but I prefer the nba for some shoes and the elites for others
Repped.

Can't stand that the nba socks are primarily cotton. They are thick but get soaking wet and cause blisters. There is a reason most top performing running socks avoid cotton.

Can't stand that the nba socks are primarily cotton. They are thick but get soaking wet and cause blisters. There is a reason most top performing running socks avoid cotton.
man, idk, it couldve been the shoes i wore with them, but they preformed absolutely awesome when i wore mine, and i had played 2 hours in them, no blisters, no hot spots

and they werent soaking wet, but they were wet when i finished wearing them, but no more wet than my elites/jordans

hooped in my double layer elites with the jordan xx8s, match made in heaven

They are running, there on ***** eastbay and many outher websites as running and you can tell there thin

Copped some green/white 2-layer Elite socks for $7.99 and a pair of the over the calf white/black elites for $6.99 at my job over the weekend, the 20% discount was clutch too! Can't wait to give them a run!

I work at a TJ Maxx, so make sure you guys check them out for any. Gonna run to Marshall's soon to see if I find any other ones.

Bel-Air Jordan Elites, black/red Nike Elites, black/blue Jordan Elites, green/purple Jordan Elites, all popped up at work.
Make sure you guys check places out! Can't beat Elite socks for less then $7

Gotta say guys, I got a few pairs on these Soccer Crews @ Famous Footwear on clearance and.... .they're WAY better than my Elites or Vapors

But the Jordan XX8 joints I got for $6 @ Marshalls are the best ever.

Gotta say guys, I got a few pairs on these Soccer Crews @ Famous Footwear on clearance and.... .they're WAY better than my Elites or Vapors

But the Jordan XX8 joints I got for $6 @ Marshalls are the best ever.

Saw those XX8's today at Marshall's too. Didn't cop, now seeing what you said, I regret it. Good thing it's only across the street from my job lol.

Back
Top Bottom