What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

My man... 

Obama-Finger-Pointing.gif
They also had free shipping w/ no minimum 2 days ago 
grin.gif

Wanted to come in here 2 days ago but got side tracked lol. My bad @iks mod  

grin.gif

Damn... 

Haha it's all good.  I actually may hold out still on another pair of these.  I'm diggin them though, wore a pair last time I hooped.  I'm convinced I can't really go wrong with the old NBAs, Elites and these Stance.  Minor differences among all and for me the main thing is just the extra padding since I don't double sock anymore

grin.gif

Damn... 

Haha it's all good.  I actually may hold out still on another pair of these.  I'm diggin them though, wore a pair last time I hooped.  I'm convinced I can't really go wrong with the old NBAs, Elites and these Stance.  Minor differences among all and for me the main thing is just the extra padding since I don't double sock anymore
Agreed.

I currently only have one pair of the NBA stance in white. Just copped 2 pairs of blks from that D ick's sale.

I dont eem need anymore socks but you need to put me on that 3/$22 NIke Elite Versatility deal. 
laugh.gif

Agreed.

I currently only have one pair of the NBA stance in white. Just copped 2 pairs of blks from that D ick's sale.

I dont eem need anymore socks but you need to put me on that 3/$22 NIke Elite Versatility deal. 
laugh.gif
Seller's name is: hrist-panay

Doesn't look like any combos for sale at the moment but maybe they will pop up?  If you search Elite Versatility I think I see a couple but only in the blue color

^I was hoping to grab a 3 pack of all black pairs but settled for one with the all black, the blue and the black w/ red top stripe.

I got them in and the end of last week.  Haven't put them on for hoop yet but from a try-on they feel close to the hyper elites in terns of compression and padding.  I think they'll be a little more breathable at the top of the foot.  Should be pretty solid.  I'll update when I finally play in them

Anyone seeing the versatility mid or crew in black/orange, white/orange, or orange/white at their local spots? I seem various colors popping up online but nothing widespread yet. Thanks in advance. for those that have them already- are they step up from hyperelites in your opinion?

Anyone seeing the versatility mid or crew in black/orange, white/orange, or orange/white at their local spots? I seem various colors popping up online but nothing widespread yet. Thanks in advance. for those that have them already- are they step up from hyperelites in your opinion?
To me they are a slight step up from hyperelites, but to be honest it is very hard to say one is much better than the other from hooping.  Both have great targeted cushioning and compression -- I think I'd give the nod to these versatilities as they've upped the zoned cushioning a bit while still being breathable.  They also seem a little more durable.  The flared top look isn't my favorite but it doesn't give any problems comfort-wise.  Hope this helps

Stance I find so much more comfy and they fit my foot a lot better

Last edited:
Something I forgot to mention about the elite versatility socks from Nike -- it seems with these they are trying to somewhat mimick what Stance is doing in terms of the cushioning zones and how they are ribbed.  Also -- much like the stance pairs, the top of the foot on the versatilities is more breathable than your typical elite, again similar to how Stance fusions are constructed.

As far as stance vs. Nike I'm pretty much happy with either.  I wouldn't necessarily give the nod to either one.  Original nike elites are probably my fave, but I'm digging the stance fusion and these versatilities are pretty solid.  Still wear the FBF original nba pairs a lot too.

Richards in store

Lakers $20

Team USA  $20  the bottoms have some stick rubber, not sure if those are a good thing or not.

I have those USA. The rubber is fine, nothing special. Sometimes gets annoying putting shoes on

Did Nike ever release a camoflauge pair of Elite socks? I see a ton of customs on ebay.

Noticed Tim Lincecum wore some camo socks at his showcase on friday can't tell if theyre Elite socks tho

Quick question.  How thick are the Nike Elite socks compared to the Hyper Elite?  Almost as thick or noticeably thinner around the foot?  I've played exclusively in hyper elites for years now, but I just picked up a new pair of Jordan 28 SEs that are too tight with the hyper elites on.  I need a thinner sock that will still wick the sweat away, else I get blisters.  Thanks.

Quick question.  How thick are the Nike Elite socks compared to the Hyper Elite?  Almost as thick or noticeably thinner around the foot?  I've played exclusively in hyper elites for years now, but I just picked up a new pair of Jordan 28 SEs that are too tight with the hyper elites on.  I need a thinner sock that will still wick the sweat away, else I get blisters.  Thanks.

I have both kinds and while I prefer the regular elites over the hyper elites, it's just my preference. I find the hypers to be a bit too thick, and they have textures where the regular elites are smooth throughout. I have no problem playing in the hypers, but I will choose the regulars whenever I can.

That being said, I would think that for what you're looking for, the regular elites will fill the role. Both have always saved my feet from blisters.

Regular elites are still the best value in my opinion.

Not the most comfortable, most expensive, best looking, highest status, none of that crap.  But by far, for what they cost (especially at ross/marshall's, ebay) and how long they last and perform, easily the best value in my experience.

Hyperelites are definitely thicker, but don't retain tightness quite as well throughout the foot/ankle in my experience.  If I needed a thicker sock I'd go with them or something else, and I do agree that regulars are slightly thinner than Hypers.

Might be time to really start stocking up on regular elites as they seem to be phased out.

Hyper Elites has some fibers (nylon?) sticking out after a handful of wears/wash. I'll post pics late but quality isn't on par as regular Elites.

I try to grab as many quarter elites as I can when on sale. Nothing beats it, I don't like the crew length too much, I'm just not used to it.

I do think the Hyper Elites retain the tightness better, sometimes it's almost a struggle trying to put Hyper Elites on because some areas has little to no stretch while regular Elites just slips on without a problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom