What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Versatility is pretty good in comparison to the Hyperelites. Elites still the best. Perfect balance of cushion and court feel. Also have an even padding throughout.

Been looking for Elite Quarter Socks in white or Blackaround $10. No luch so far. Anybody come across them?

Check yall local City Gear stores. I racked up yesturday at mine. They had a bunch of nike hyper elite Lebron/KD socks for $3.99 a piece. I must have gotten like 13 pairs of them. 

Versatility is pretty good in comparison to the Hyperelites. Elites still the best. Perfect balance of cushion and court feel. Also have an even padding throughout.
Agreed on the versatility -- I'm liking them too.  I think I like them maybe a little more than hyperelites, but pretty similar.  I still favor the original elites too.

Lol. My last three pairs of hyper elites I've picked up through various sales for $6-10. And they last so long that I have enough for a lifetime now it seems hah.

Lol. My last three pairs of hyper elites I've picked up through various sales for $6-10. And they last so long that I have enough for a lifetime now it seems hah.
yeah I've realized that once you have a handful of pairs, you're really set... I mean, granted I don't hoop every night or even every other night, but still

Has anyone tried stance socks, specifically the fusion basketball or fusion athletic. Curious is the fusion athletic performs while balling, as it's a bit thinner than the elites, and I'd like a couple thinner socks.

got pairs of the nba socks from last year but haven't even opened them. From feeling them i'd say they are better than the nike elites. How are they really

@tameone  @th3answ3r  

There are some better overall reviews if you search this thread, but IMO the stance NBA and the non-NBA fusion pairs are solid for hoops. I'd put them on par with elites, maybe a little better. It sort of just comes down to preference in terms of cushion/compression/breathability. I think the stance pairs have a nice balance of the three aspects

Thanks. Are the stance NBA socks the same as the fusion basketball (like, identical? Similar thickness/compression, etc)? They aren't in stores anywhere around me to compare, only the fusion bball and athletic.

Thanks. Are the stance NBA socks the same as the fusion basketball (like, identical? Similar thickness/compression, etc)? They aren't in stores anywhere around me to compare, only the fusion bball and athletic.
They are pretty similar -- the main difference is that the NBAs don't have the rubbery/sticky portion on the bottom, they are just ribbed. Otherwise, very similar

i really like the NBA stance socks. The material doesnt seem like it'll fade opposed to the older NBA socks and elite socks. It's not as cushioned, but overall they're probably my favorite socks at the moment.

Damn just realized Nike really did kill off the hyper elite line.. now nearly totally gone from their site. All elite versatility now, but I can't stand the leg opening on those. Gonna go grab a few more pairs from the outlet and *****, then probably try out some stance.

They are pretty similar -- the main difference is that the NBAs don't have the rubbery/sticky portion on the bottom, they are just ribbed. Otherwise, very similar
Not all of the fusion basketball have the traction rubber on them.  But, you're saying thickness wise, they're on par?  So I can assume the NBA socks are considerably thicker than the fusion athletic.. going to try the athletics then.  They feel nice, should wick sweat well, and like I said, I'm specifically looking for a sock that will prevent blisters while not being as thick as all my hyperelites (I gotta size up to wear these, but got a pair of kicks they're too tight in!). 

Now I just wish stance would make a friggen plain looking black sock with minimal design elements heh. 

Not all of the fusion basketball have the traction rubber on them.  But, you're saying thickness wise, they're on par?  So I can assume the NBA socks are considerably thicker than the fusion athletic.. going to try the athletics then.  They feel nice, should wick sweat well, and like I said, I'm specifically looking for a sock that will prevent blisters while not being as thick as all my hyperelites (I gotta size up to wear these, but got a pair of kicks they're too tight in!). 

Now I just wish stance would make a friggen plain looking black sock with minimal design elements heh. 
Yeah I guess I wasn't sure if all fusions had the rubber on the bottom.

Thickness-wise, the stance NBA may be just a little bit thicker than the fusion. Not by a ton, but they are a little bit thinner with the regular fusion. If you were talking compared to for bare feet NBA pairs, fusions are definitely thinner than those I would say

And I am totally with you on making some plain looking versions. I get that they want the brand recognition and what-not, but man, some of us out here want to keep it simple to complement the kicks... 

do the rubber grips on the socks actually do anything? or just a tech gimmick?

would be nice to get some extra lateral lockdown on certain shoes (ahem Lebron Soldiers 10)

would be nice to get some extra lateral lockdown on certain shoes (ahem Lebron Soldiers 10)
I do think they help, but I wouldn't say it's an incredible difference. Somewhat gimmicky, but I think it does actually help a bit in minimizing how much your sock shifts on the footbed.

Quote:

95% gimmick 5% function.

Think of it this way.  Say your sock was permanently attached to the sole of the shoe.  On a hard cut, your foot could still slide inside the shoe because the sock is flexible.  The only added resistance counteracting your foot's movement is that from the tension provided by the sock.. which is a bit, but not much. so, It should help prevent the sock from sliding on the footbed, but minimal ability to provide true additional lockdown for your foot.  No sock is going to fix the soldier 10 :D 

Last edited:
Well, that additional grip can make or break certain shoes.

Some shoes have Lunarlon insoles without a fabric liner.

Some shoes have slippery liners.

It helps for additional stability FOR SURE.

But that's about it, frankly, it doesn't need to do anything more than that.

I placed on order on stance.com for 4 pairs on the 20th, and I haven't heard a peep yet after the initial order confirmation.  It's been 6 full business days plus a partial business day, and nothing.  Order still says "processing or in process".  They haven't responded to my email. I've tried calling twice, and after being on hold for 10 min, I hang up because I'm at work during their business hours and can't spent the time.  Anyone order from them before?  Wtf is going on.  CC hasn't been charged yet.

Eastbay and footlocker has a two-fer deal on the some NBA stance socks. Didn't check champs or fa.

2 for $35 if i remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom