What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Originally Posted by KG21

Some of you in here are acting like Nike just reinvented the sock when really, they just put a cool design and added some extra cotton to their Dri-Fits, and marked it up 240%.
Chuuch!

Balled in a pair tonight for the first time, the material on the outside of the sock is way too soft, my foot was sliding around way too much in my ZKVs and I had tons of heel slippage. They look great yeah, but the performance is nothing to write home about. Some of you in here are acting like Nike just reinvented the sock when really, they just put a cool design and added some extra cotton to their Dri-Fits, and marked it up 240%. I would never pay retail for these, glad I only paid $4 for two pairs. Plus for some crews, they are cut pretty low, much lower than my NBA crews.

$4 for 2 pairs...you sure you got the exact same ones people are buying or are they just the dri fit or essential socks??? i have several pairs and just like you was VERY VERY skeptical of these socks running for $12 bucks a pair and bought them bc of all the hype and they dont slip and are cushy and dont blister my feet....the complaints you have are very similar to the problems i have with wearing nba socks (sometimes) and i LOVE the nba socks because of the cushy feel and blister prevention it brings to me.  but these nike socks are a step above with the fit....so i think you should make sure you 1. double check that you got the right socks and 2. got the right size.

if not then maybe you just dont like them but not sure how you dont especially if you got them for $4...if so tell me where you got them and ill buy the whole store out.

so i compared my OG socks to the ones that recently restocked and the old ones are LONGER up the calf, 200x more Lasting/Durable material, and have a Larger ankle cushioning square.. smh at nike

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Balled in a pair tonight for the first time, the material on the outside of the sock is way too soft, my foot was sliding around way too much in my ZKVs and I had tons of heel slippage. They look great yeah, but the performance is nothing to write home about. Some of you in here are acting like Nike just reinvented the sock when really, they just put a cool design and added some extra cotton to their Dri-Fits, and marked it up 240%. I would never pay retail for these, glad I only paid $4 for two pairs. Plus for some crews, they are cut pretty low, much lower than my NBA crews.

$4 for 2 pairs...you sure you got the exact same ones people are buying or are they just the dri fit or essential socks??? i have several pairs and just like you was VERY VERY skeptical of these socks running for $12 bucks a pair and bought them bc of all the hype and they dont slip and are cushy and dont blister my feet....the complaints you have are very similar to the problems i have with wearing nba socks (sometimes) and i LOVE the nba socks because of the cushy feel and blister prevention it brings to me.  but these nike socks are a step above with the fit....so i think you should make sure you 1. double check that you got the right socks and 2. got the right size.

if not then maybe you just dont like them but not sure how you dont especially if you got them for $4...if so tell me where you got them and ill buy the whole store out.
yea.... name and location of the store would be a really good start.

People are all over these socks! I got 12 pairs from work, took one look at em, and quickly decided to flip em. If people are willing to pay $30+ for a pair of socks, I'll be glad to sell em. You can't even make an argument about how it's all relative to buying $100+ shoes, because you can buy a pair of quality Nike socks for like $1-2 if you look around (outlets, sales, etc). You can't buy a $150 shoe for $10.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
OK.

Heel slippage? You must not be wearing the correct size. I guess everybody is a critic. There's hardly any cotton in these.
eyes.gif

cf2155e0a6acdc8f39e83a4ddd994ee539b6d0d.jpg

$12 x 2 - $20 Winner's Circle certificate = $4. I mentioned this earlier already.

I've never had any problems in my NBA socks. I'm not writing these off yet, I want to "break them in" first. However, socks should not need a breaking in period. Besides, the performance degrades after each wear so I'm not expecting anything to get better from here on out but we'll see.

To the people who have been praising the extra cushioning... there is something wrong with your shoes. If you bought quality/correct shoes, you wouldn't need any extra cushioning. A shoe should provide all the cushioning you need. Even if you still need more cushioning/support then you should look into orthotics. A $20-40 insert off the shelf is going to be much more effective and durable than a $12 pair of socks.

Sorry but I don't view everything that Nike puts out as gold like some of you do. Nike can make a mediocre product.

Originally Posted by HOOPSboy

People are all over these socks! I got 12 pairs from work, took one look at em, and quickly decided to flip em. If people are willing to pay $30+ for a pair of socks, I'll be glad to sell em. You can't even make an argument about how it's all relative to buying $100+ shoes, because you can buy a pair of quality Nike socks for like $1-2 if you look around (outlets, sales, etc). You can't buy a $150 shoe for $10.

you can if you know how :tongue: my first pair was Jordan XIV retros for $20 at footlocker

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk Sr

you can if you know how :tongue: my first pair was Jordan XIV retros for $20 at footlocker
Yes, you can. I have bought Black/Red Jordan XX3s for $8 from Sport Chalet.

Originally Posted by Notorious Pinoy

No you didn't.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by Notorious Pinoy

No you didn't.

dsc01077qh.jpg

crazy you got....
owned004.png

SAY WHAT??? haha that DEAL OF THE CENTURY!! LoL!! nice!! what size were they? size 18? man if it was your size (normal average size) thats a PICK UP!!!

crazy you got....
owned004.png

SAY WHAT??? haha that DEAL OF THE CENTURY!! LoL!! nice!! what size were they? size 18? man if it was your size (normal average size) thats a PICK UP!!!

Size 9.

So what the discount off was like $2.50. It would still be under $10

Hey Eastbay reps,

Can we get an update on when you guys are getting some more of these socks in?

Cheers,

Originally Posted by adavyhou

Hey Eastbay reps,

Can we get an update on when you guys are getting some more of these socks in?

Cheers,
Listed below are the colors of the Nike Elite Basketball Socks that we have or had available, their status and or expecting date:

3693601 -VARSITY RED/WHITE SIZE 8-12  - Sold out with no expecting date
         3693441 -ROYAL BLUE/WHITE SIZE 8-12   -  Sold out with no expecting date
         3693401 -MIDNIGHT NAVY/WHITE SIZE 8-12 - Sold out with no expecting date       
        3693087 -BLACK/DEEP ORANGE/SILVER SIZE 8-12 - Expecting date of 8/1/10  

Do keep in mind, all expecting dates are subject to change.

If we receive any new information on the Elite Basketball Socks, we will be sure to post an update.
happy.gif

EastbayRep - Paul 

i knw that HoH SF has the long Royal Blues and the Varsity Reds if anyones interested.

personally i just like Blk quarters. theyre perfect for hightops like hyperdunks, so i aint walkin around with bandaids on the back of my ankles. haha

Back
Top Bottom