What's the best advice NT has laced you with?

A long time ago someone told me that NOBODY in this world has your back until the end. No one. Not your parents. Not your MAIN homie from around the way. Nobody except you. At the end of the day, everybody else has to keep their own head above water. Your girl has to make sure she’s not broke, or lonely, or whatever. Don’t go through life thinking you can depend on someone else. Set YOURSELF up for worst case scenarios because everyone else has to make sure they are aiight when the last deeds done.

Not really any specific piece of advice, but the mental relief of having a place to go to rant, vent and air out frustrations when you don't want to share it with anybody in real life is enough for me. NT the god damn GOAT

I can’t point to anything specific, but abeautifulhaze used to post some really thought provoking stuff to a young teenager.

And of course Meth still to this day.

Homie was a good dude.

Got into it with him one time. The aftermath helped reshape my entire worldview when it came to matters of race. I was wild lost. :smh:

I forgot whose it was, but their signature just read

“I’m a lion, b”

Made me laugh at first then it resonated with me and started giving me confidence. Idk why. Lmao

Too many, NT was there at my lowest when I first joined when I was 22 I think. But hearing stories from a lot of different backgrounds was healthy and opened my eyes to see that people are at different stages in life, it's okay to struggle and if you're in a good place, help out. It's not a race, we'll all flourish.

Think it was in like 07 or 08 when I was either a senior in high school or a freshman in college. Long story short, I made a thread about the potential benefits of not teaching young children about slavery in hopes that it would help to eliminate racism, since they wouldn't have a concept of their differences at such a young age.

Homie flamed me. Called me an uncle tom who didn't have an understanding of our people. He was right. That back and forth lead me to research the past beyond what is traditionally taught about slavery. Made me open my eyes to the inequalities black people faced, and why an understanding of our past is vital to the progression of our future.

In hindsight, it was a teachable moment that the younger me undoubtedly saw as an attack. Worked out in the end.

Think it was in like 07 or 08 when I was either a senior in high school or a freshman in college. Long story short, I made a thread about the potential benefits of not teaching young children about slavery in hopes that it would help to eliminate racism, since they wouldn't have a concept of their differences at such a young age.

Homie flamed me. Called me an uncle tom who didn't have an understanding of our people. He was right. That back and forth lead me to research the past beyond what is traditionally taught about slavery. Made me open my eyes to the inequalities black people faced, and why an understanding of our past is vital to the progression of our future.

In hindsight, it was a teachable moment that the younger me undoubtedly saw as an attack. Worked out in the end.

God damn that’s some real ****. Props for your maturity as a person and props for sharing how you came to that realization.

Facts. Never be afraid or ashamed to admit when you're wrong. Helps you grow as a man.

She was never yours, it was just your turn.

I think I saw this in the TAY thread one day.

Hit me at the right time and it hit me DIRECTLY IN THE F****** CHEST while blinding me with the power of a thousand suns.

Good lord that was a rough patch :lol:

I wouldn't call that the best advice, but the truth in that statement will stick with me forever.

Understand that everyone won’t share your opinion. NT definitely taught me that my opinion is not the universal standard of truth. There’s value in listening to the viewpoints of others, and accepting that it’s okay to agree to disagree.

This concept confounds and frustrates 90% of NT and its sad.

Back
Top Bottom