What's the best concert you've seen? Most disappointing?

And yes, this goes for more than just rap shows.
As for best shows, I'd have to say

1. Elton John

2. Kanye West (Glow in the Dark tour)

Wale was one that surprised me big time. Dude had a full band with him, it was cool.

Most disappointing has to be Nas/Damien Marley... they only did like 7-8 songs for less than 40 minutes. Atmosphere is always a letdown too. Lupe was pretty average when I saw him last spring... was trying to insert anti-war propaganda inbetween songs 
grin.gif
 Mike Posner sucked, but I wasn't really expecting anything.

Best: Glow in the Dark Tour, Hard Knock Life Tour, John Legend/Alicia Keys

Worst: Nas (Hands down. He is a joke live)

Best was either Distant Relatives or the Yankee Stadium show with Em & Jay. I can't really say I've seen a bad show...

Best - Pearl Jam
Worst - hmmmm. i'll have to think about this, don't think i've seen a bad one from someone i like...i've seen some bad ones from people i didn't wanna see though...

Originally Posted by sonunox34

And yes, this goes for more than just rap shows.
As for best shows, I'd have to say

1. Elton John

2. Kanye West (Glow in the Dark tour)

Wale was one that surprised me big time. Dude had a full band with him, it was cool.

Most disappointing has to be Nas/Damien Marley... they only did like 7-8 songs for less than 40 minutes. Atmosphere is always a letdown too. Lupe was pretty average when I saw him last spring... was trying to insert anti-war propaganda inbetween songs 
grin.gif
 Mike Posner sucked, but I wasn't really expecting anything.
I saw Lupe three times. Once right after Food and Liquor, which was a great show, once right before The Cool, which was a great show, and last summer at Georgetown, which was a pretty terrible show. I'm surprised to hear you say Atmosphere though. I don't listen to dude at all but I went to a show with my GF at the time and he put on a pretty good show. 
My best shows would probably have to be Kanye West at the Touch the Sky Tour, Jay-Z at the Best of Both Worlds tour (R. Kelly is whatever to me), and The Strokes a couple months back.

That last Lupe show was probably the most disappointing one that comes to mind. 

I saw Lupe twice, too. Once at Glow in the Dark and once on his own tour with BoB. One good thing about both shows was that "Daydreamin" was beyond epic. I don't really ever say the word "epic" but that's the best way to describe that jam. He goes so hard.

And my brother claims that a Bone Thugs show he saw in Milwaukee was the greatest moment of his life... lol just thought I would add that.

Best - Bloc Party
Worst - Tame Impala (wasnt even that bad of a show, they just kind of got on stage and blew through their set. Yuck, the opening band, was much better)

Best: Jonsi @ Coachella, Gil-Scott Heron @ Coachella, N.E.R.D @ HARD
Worst: Nipsey Hussle @ Haiti Benefit Show, Nipsey Hussle on Currensy's tour, MGMT

Best: 
Taking Back Sunday (Original Lineup, last summer, first shows they did after getting back together. Everything about it was amazing.)
Glassjaw

OFWGKTA

Worst: 

Brand New

Sleigh Bells

Best:
Wiz Khalifa show for the Deal or No Deal tour.
Distant Relatives show.

Worst:
Jadakiss

Best is a hard tie between Bun B and Friends in Houston with Drake, Lupe, Cool Kids, Paul Wall, Chamillionaire, and any other artist you could think of. or Kanye's tour when Graduation was his thing.

The worst was Nippsey Hussle, it was horrible.

best: kanye
worst: snoop when he was touring with damian marley, halfway through the set he stops and is just tryin to holla at girls
indifferent.gif

Best= Roots outside circa '01-runner ups Up in Smoke tour/Red and Meth (blackout)and GhostFace and Cap wit Outsidersz opening at the Newport in Columbus(serving 5$ 32oz. drafts)

Worst was 50 at Rock the Mic-Jay was dope but 50 was terrible-Copywrite murdered a kid in a battle between their sets so that was worth the admission but 50 sux live

1. SXSW G.O.O.D. Music Showcase - Kanye, Jay-z, Kid Cudi, John Legend, Big Sean, Pusha T, Cyhi, Mos Def. TOO SICK.

Honorable mentions:
- Flaming Lips
- Phoenix
- Arcade Fire
- Kanye GITD

Best: Rock the Bells 2006 (Rage, Wu, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, The Roots + a bunch more)

Worst: The openers for Curren$y's Jet Life tour.

Many could be my best.

But the worst EASILY was this year's Summer Jam set from The Diplomats, I've never seen such trash. Can't believe NY let them get away with that crap, finally the oppertunity to see the crew and witness that nonsense.

Best Performances= The Roots,The Boot Camp Click & The Roc
Worst Performance= Black Rob, Big Pun who was too fat to perform. He leaned on a speaker while sweating like I've never seen before and he did part of 3 songs then he was out. Also saw Biggie,Outkast and Luke in G-boro NC.Luke performed for an hour kept brining girls on stage out the audience who got there twerk on...Outkast didnt show Biggie did 3 songs said f yall dropped the mic and walked off stage it was terrible.  

Back
Top Bottom