What's the best martial art for real life situations?

Rex Kwon Do

rex-kwon-do.jpg

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

Originally Posted by QueensFinest101

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

judo and kyokushin/ishin ryu/tradtional japanese karate/ thread.

seriously the japanese police dont use guns.

all they use is judo and most of them are also trained in karate.

my sensie says they really do some brutal training over there at the police academy, the japanese police actually popularized judo, they use to do japanese jiujitsu, but they held a compatition between ryu jiujitsu's best school and kano's new jijitsu ( now known as judo) to see which is more efficeint.. judo won 12 Ws 1 tie and 2 loss's

authentic karate not some fake or tiger schulmans
laugh.gif

muy thai and BJJ is sport, since i cross trained in all 4, i could say this without being biast.

and if you say muy thai is better then kyokushin, kyokushin champs crushed muy thai ones in k-1.. to much hype these kids have.

Muay Thai>shotokan>kyo
ive seen a video of what ur talking about, but it was leg sparring. not a REAL fight.
laugh.gif

OP go with muay thai once you train it.
your gonna know whats good
pimp.gif

dude shotokan is for chumps, you obvouisly dont know what your talking about
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

machida... when i learned he trained in shotokan i was like how the hell did he pull that off, GSP trains in kyokushin buddy.. learn something

and a sparr.. andi destroyed the muy thai K-1 champion

and judo is WAY BETTER THEN BJJ in a practical situation learning how to throw or sweep/takedown someone to the ground ( which could end a fight alone) , then learning how to make him submit is so much more complete then doing these sloppy *%# rag tag take down by rushing in and knocking him against the octagon fence
roll.gif
.. learn your MA and stop following all this ufc hype. i made BJJ practioneers tap and straight won muy thai guys in sparring
laugh.gif

kimura destroyed helio gracie in a grappeling match.. and so did yoshida destory royce... every gracie claims there undefeated in BJJ they say BJJ, there not lieing.. most of them lose to judokas
laugh.gif

kyokushin met with muy thai 3 times, 1st thai got crushed, 2nd thai didnt show, 3rd thai got crushed.. even GSP is running his way through the ufc
roll.gif

edit: o wait here's another one

yep. id say KK is on same lvl as MT. depends on the fighter in mt vs kk matches...
one kyokushin fighter i like to watch is Kikuno from Dream. dude has a sick crescent kick. almost beat eddie alveraz.
mad.gif

cosign on the Judo > bjj. With a quick slam/throw on the concrete...its OVER.
plus Judo has all the ground moves in bjj. They just emphasize standup over ground.

hey, look somebody who actually knows about martial arts decided to jump in the thread, i havent watched kikuno but il most def check him out,Kyokushin is made for pratical and sport situation ( and we also use elbows and knees) and the training is brutal, Judo is also made for practical and sport..and the training is rough as well.

the japanese police and the army ( WW2 era) use to train in judo and karate and before that (samurai era) samurias use to train in ryu-jujutsu ( which isthe root of judo) and the Okinawan's use to train in karate to disarm and kill the samurai who currently occupied okinawa..

plus MCMAP ( the united state marine corp martial arts program) is a mix of a couple of arts and 2 of them are judo and karate.

also judo created BJJ, a japense judoka went to brazil and taught carlos gracie judo, carlos gracie emphasized the ground work, dropped the throwing and thetake downs and all the good stuff.. stamped a brazilian flag on it.. and marketed it.

these art's were born out of brutality/self defense and war fare and could also be used for sport.

and for the kajukenbo comment well thats a mash of arts to ..

and they are.. ka- karate ju-judo/jujutsu ken-kenpo and bo-chinese boxing... a style made for street fighting.. as well

.. so that proves my point..
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ThatDudeB

You have a gun, pepper spray, billy club, a bunch of fellow officers that would love to beat the crap out of someone alongside you, and the ability to do whatever the hell you want with little to no repercussions. I don't think you need to learn the art of how to kill people efficiently. You'll be fine, I promise.
wink.gif
Unfortunately, this is the real truth.

Originally Posted by JChambers

Originally Posted by ThatDudeB

You have a gun, pepper spray, billy club, a bunch of fellow officers that would love to beat the crap out of someone alongside you, and the ability to do whatever the hell you want with little to no repercussions. I don't think you need to learn the art of how to kill people efficiently. You'll be fine, I promise.
wink.gif
Unfortunately, this is the real truth.

No, it's not.
laugh.gif

Thanks everyone for replies. I'm still lookin' around.

BJJ and wrestling. When it comes to the ground untrained people have no idea about control and how to escape. Takedown the person and the rest is history ifyou're trained. And to the people that say BJJ can't defend multiple attackers, which martial arts train you to defend that? Alot of these martial artsare forms. Dudes ain't gonna wait there for you to perform your technique. But since you're gonna be a cop, a gun will solve your problems.

QueensFinest101 wrote:

shotokan is for chumps
eyes.gif
you obviously dont know anything.

Shotokan is the best form of Martial art because it has the best standup and emphasizes also on throws,grappling etc. I am not just saying this because i am a2nd degree black belt in shotokan.

muay thai, boxing, bjj, wrestling, judo, sambo, submission wrestling, and any other combat grappling arts that i forgot to mention. ive had this argument abunch of times on several different forums. trust me. its these arts because of aliveness, simplicity, and effectiveness under pressure and adrenaline dump

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

52 blocks - i'm cosigning ...
laugh.gif

im telling you this technique has defended buttholes for many years
laugh.gif

it just seems the most effective in real life situations.
smokin.gif

I don't know if that 52 blocks was posted as a joke but that's some hand speed for you in the second vid
eek.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I don't know if that 52 blocks was posted as a joke but that's some hand speed for you in the second vid
eek.gif
not as a joke at all,
look up some more 52 blocks videos, you wont be dissapointed,
its easy to learn and mad effective

im suprised im not being hit with a latepass for just bringing it up now,
i figured NT was up on this for a while

yo that 52 blocks is interesting, but how would it fair against another fighter ala an MMA fight.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

yo that 52 blocks is interesting, but how would it fair against another fighter ala an MMA fight.
you can probly do a search and find a video of it
im too lazy and aboot to watch dexter
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

yo that 52 blocks is interesting, but how would it fair against another fighter ala an MMA fight

I dont think he will do well. But it all depends on the fighter.

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

judo and kyokushin/ishin ryu/tradtional japanese karate/ thread.

seriously the japanese police dont use guns.

all they use is judo and most of them are also trained in karate.

my sensie says they really do some brutal training over there at the police academy, the japanese police actually popularized judo, they use to do japanese jiujitsu, but they held a compatition between ryu jiujitsu's best school and kano's new jijitsu ( now known as judo) to see which is more efficeint.. judo won 12 Ws 1 tie and 2 loss's

authentic karate not some fake or tiger schulmans
laugh.gif

muy thai and BJJ is sport, since i cross trained in all 4, i could say this without being biast.

and if you say muy thai is better then kyokushin, kyokushin champs crushed muy thai ones in k-1.. to much hype these kids have.

Muay Thai>shotokan>kyo
ive seen a video of what ur talking about, but it was leg sparring. not a REAL fight.
laugh.gif

OP go with muay thai once you train it.
your gonna know whats good
pimp.gif

dude shotokan is for chumps, you obvouisly dont know what your talking about
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

machida... when i learned he trained in shotokan i was like how the hell did he pull that off, GSP trains in kyokushin buddy.. learn something

and a sparr.. andi destroyed the muy thai K-1 champion

and judo is WAY BETTER THEN BJJ in a practical situation learning how to throw or sweep/takedown someone to the ground ( which could end a fight alone) , then learning how to make him submit is so much more complete then doing these sloppy *%# rag tag take down by rushing in and knocking him against the octagon fence
roll.gif
.. learn your MA and stop following all this ufc hype. i made BJJ practioneers tap and straight won muy thai guys in sparring
laugh.gif

kimura destroyed helio gracie in a grappeling match.. and so did yoshida destory royce... every gracie claims there undefeated in BJJ they say BJJ, there not lieing.. most of them lose to judokas
laugh.gif

kyokushin met with muy thai 3 times, 1st thai got crushed, 2nd thai didnt show, 3rd thai got crushed.. even GSP is running his way through the ufc
roll.gif

edit: o wait here's another one

Shotokan is a joke?

You sir have completely shot your credibility to @@+*.

some of you guys are really into the MMA hype.

at the end of the day it's a sport, so IMO i honestly don't think BJJ is that effective.

Muay Thai is, because it teaches one effective striking

well i attended my first krav maga class ... lets just say i am in no type of shape and would get my *#* wooped by these dudes lol ... but i joined for thenext 12 months so hopefully in a year i am more fit and learn how to defend myself in different situations ...

highlight of the first class was i got choked out by a 6'5 265 bodyguard and was able to effectively escape ...

Originally Posted by dgk3188

some of you guys are really into the MMA hype.

at the end of the day it's a sport, so IMO i honestly don't think BJJ is that effective.

Muay Thai is, because it teaches one effective striking
agreed on the muy thai, but i think you're underestimating BJJ.....being able to effectively grapple allows you to completely dominate youropponent and strike him at will.

also i'd put boxing ahead of most martial arts in terms of usefuleness. i mean maybe a kung-fu/karate expert like a lyoto machida is an amazing fighter,but for most people boxing training will go a lot further than some karate training.

Back
Top Bottom